Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Still not really feeling why Marvel chose to adapt the Eternals, of all the stuff they have to choose from. The ho-hum seeming casting doesn't really help either. Still very much on an "go on, impress me" footing with this one.
    Everybody said that about "Guardians of the Galaxy" when that was announced. I mean, Iron Man was far from a sure thing for that matter.

For my part, I consider GotG to be the first MCU film that crossed over successfully to the comic-ignorant. You needed to know absolutely zippo to appreciate the humor and the characters, and understand the plot. It probably doubled the audience for the MCU movies are least. Then when Black Panther hit, another side franchise in the same vein as Guardians or Eternals, I bet that audience doubled again because it was another crossover hit.

Eternals might have that kind of effect, too. We shall see.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

This is really close to being the first “rotten” MCU film. I have nothing against Marvel Studios, but I’m looking forward to it! Only because it means that MCU shills will stop using that site to bash other superhero franchises.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 10-29-2021 at 12:33 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    This is really close to being the first “rotten” MCU. I have nothing against Marvel Studios, but I’m looking forward to it! Only because it means that MCU shills will stop using that site to bash other superhero franchises.
    Doesn't this just strengthen Marvel stans case that Rotten Tomatoes don't have a bias for Marvel movies and are not bought off by Disney and their assessment are generally fair?

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Doesn't this just strengthen Marvel stans case that Rotten Tomatoes don't have a bias for Marvel movies and are not bought off by Disney and their assessment are generally fair?
    If Eternals is the first rotten Marvel film, it must be fant4stic levels of bad and rottenness with 61% of critics still acting biased.

Nah. People will still find a way to spin things to fit their narrative. See the post below yours.

I honestly think people put too much faith into that site. A lot of the reviews they post are from bloggers and YouTubers who don’t know how to make a proper critique, they just have a lot of followers.

Look at these mental gymnastics.

Metacritic listed it at a 55, with 15 positive, 15 mixed, and 2 negative reviews.

I think what will be telling might be how this film gets rated by cinemascore. Although keep in mind that cinemascore tends to rate well since it only gets people who actually paid to see the movie - the only F rated films tend to be those that were advertised as a different genre than what they were.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Sadly I think Chloe won"t be back for the sequel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    Look at these mental gymnastics.

Someone whose whole bit is trolling DC fans is hardly representative of the Marvel fandom reaction.

As far as I can tell most fans are disappointed by the reviews, some expected it base on the trailer a lot a taking a wait and see approach and holding out judgement until they see it themselves because they find the reviews contradictory.

The people who seem to be having a strong reaction to these reviews are the usual anti-Marvel/anti-SJW folks, who suddenly think RT is no longer rigged but still need to review bomb IMDB to prove some point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Sadly I think Chloe won"t be back for the sequel.
    I think it will depends more on how the movie does financially.

While some people have problems with the direction most of the problems in this movie is that it is setting up 10 characters and a whole new complicated lore.

Someone whose whole bit is trolling DC fans is hardly representative of the Marvel fandom reaction.

As far as I can tell most fans are disappointed by the reviews, some expected it base on the trailer a lot a taking a wait and see approach and holding out judgement until they see it themselves because they find the reviews contradictory.

The people who seem to be having a strong reaction to these reviews are the usual anti-Marvel/anti-SJW folks, who suddenly think RT is no longer rigged but still need to review bomb IMDB to prove some point.
    When did I say it was? I was only referring to MCU shills.