Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Marvel’s Eternals Is Currently The Lowest-Rated MCU Film - Reaction & Thoughts!

Check out the comments inside the link as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZK9oeKstZQ&t=6s

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Still not really feeling why Marvel chose to adapt the Eternals, of all the stuff they have to choose from. The ho-hum seeming casting doesn't really help either. Still very much on an "go on, impress me" footing with this one.
    This is Feige's version of a heat check, attempting to do something extra difficult when you're on a roll.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This is Feige's version of a heat check, attempting to do something extra difficult when you're on a roll.
    ??? He might want a "cinema" approved film. Oscar bait.

The brief appearance of the The Celestials in GOTG got a huge fan reaction. Perhaps that was one of the things that got them thinking about an Eternals movie?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The brief appearance of the The Celestials in GOTG got a huge fan reaction. Perhaps that was one of the things that got them thinking about an Eternals movie?
    It is possible that he wanted to compete with DC’s New Gods. Similar to how Civil War was a reaction to BvS. Hell, the Multiverse Saga is probably also a response to what DC is doing right now.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Still not really feeling why Marvel chose to adapt the Eternals, of all the stuff they have to choose from. The ho-hum seeming casting doesn't really help either. Still very much on an "go on, impress me" footing with this one.
    Since the MCU is starting over again they need something that will delve in to the origins of superpowered beings and Marvel History - there is no better IP than Eternals for that. Even If it is a boring movie at least it will have set up a lot of other movies going forward.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-31-2021 at 11:03 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    It is possible that he wanted to compete with DC’s New Gods. Similar to how Civil War was a reaction to BvS. Hell, the Multiverse Saga is probably also a response to what DC is doing right now.
    I'm not a fan of Disney or their "Let's make everything Guardians of the Galaxy, add more quips and pop culture references/songs" formula but I can't imagine anyone in their right mind is saying, "Hey guys, have you seen what DC is doing? We need to emulate that!"

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I'm not a fan of Disney or their "Let's make everything Guardians of the Galaxy, add more quips and pop culture references/songs" formula but I can't imagine anyone in their right mind is saying, "Hey guys, have you seen what DC is doing? We need to emulate that!"
    Oh, you don’t need to imagine it. The Russos straight up said it.

" ... After they [Warner Bros.] announced 'Batman v Superman,' [Kevin Feige] said, 'you guys are absolutely right.' We needed to do something challenging with the material or we were going to start to lose the audience," Russo said.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...rector-886842/
    Last edited by Gnostic; 10-31-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Since the MCU is starting over again they need something that will delve in to the origins of superpowered beings and Marvel History - there is nothing better IP than Eternals for that. Even If it is a boring movie at least it will have set up a lot of other movies going forward.
    They probably should have gone the Fantastic Four route, introduce Doom and other aspects of the wider Universe. Then bring Eternals in and finally X-men.

But I do find Eternals a weird comic to put on screen, unlike Fantastic Four or X-Men or the Avengers, they don’t really have any defining personalities. I’m enjoying the current run, but to put this on screen for 2 and a half hours would bore to living Hell out of me.

Honestly, I’ve been tired of the MCU since the first Avengers so my excitement for this one is pretty much minimum.

Niffleheim

Oh, you don’t need to imagine it. The Russo straight up said it.

That was not emulating that was countering what the distinguished competition was planning.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-31-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    ??? He might want a "cinema" approved film. Oscar bait.
    Which is strange because an Oscar is of no value to the MCU. The only thing an Oscar helps are indie films that no one watches and pretends to like, and it doesn't even help those all that much anymore.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Which is strange because an Oscar is of no value to the MCU. The only thing an Oscar helps are indie films that no one watches and pretends to like, and it doesn't even help those all that much anymore.
    You have film makers like Martin and Dune calling at Disney Marvel over their films. Being called soulless theme park rides, and that must get under Feige's skin.

BANNED

Oh, you don’t need to imagine it. The Russo straight up said it.

And I'm sure after they saw "Batman vs Superman" they realized their error.

Astonishing Member

I always thought the concept of this movie was a big reach. Heck the concept of the comic is a big reach. But thats ok, live and learn.

Civil War was not a response to BvS, it was planned long before. BvS and Justice League were in response to Avengers. It's the DCU that is responding to Marvel's success, not the other way around. If you read the quote in context, they a.ready had Civil War pitched and Feige said that BvS announcement made him agree to it.
    I mean why would the most successful franchise in history respond to one with mixed success?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-31-2021 at 07:07 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!