Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

I think the problem with some RT scores is that they let anyone with a blog count as a critic. I mean, Titans season 3 has a 100%(!!!) consensus, and the vast majority of people I know (and have seen on these boards) thought it was absolutely terrible. I also think the Eternals as a concept might not be as appealing as almost all other Marvel properties (there's a reason it has never had a long running series or been picked up as a regular series after a mini). I think this is Marvel's biggest gamble.

The RT average is good enough for me to not worry too much. If it was below 40%, I usually fall in line that it's bad. I don't think a score hovering around 60% will hurt it that much.

Edit: Did the math, and Top Critics have it at around 62%. Just an FYI. But a lot at that level are pretentious and snarky for the sake of being "clever".
    Last edited by DeadFace; 11-01-2021 at 10:49 AM.

RT's Top Critics score is at 56%. It's been lower than the overall score since the beginning.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    RT's Top Critics score is at 56%. It's been lower than the overall score since the beginning.
    That’s odd. When I added up the positive reviews when I posted, it was 19 of 31 total, equaling around 62%. Now it has 33 total and still 19 positive. I didn’t click the top critics at the top, but counted in the reviews. Maybe they were slow posting the reviews or two more negative ones came in. Its 58 now. Either way, the score still isn’t bad enough to keep me from going.

Does anyone really put that much weight on a borderline score like that?

Originally 'ETERNALS' was going to present 12 Eternals but two had to be eliminated as revealed by Chloe Zhao

Quote Originally Posted by DeadFace View Post
    That’s odd. When I added up the positive reviews when I posted, it was 19 of 31 total, equaling around 62%. Now it has 33 total and still 19 positive. I didn’t click the top critics at the top, but counted in the reviews. Maybe they were slow posting the reviews or two more negative ones came in. Its 58 now. Either way, the score still isn’t bad enough to keep me from going.

Does anyone really put that much weight on a borderline score like that?
    It's a gross metric, not a precise quantfier.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

55% now. Would be lower if reviewers weren’t holding back as pointed out eariler.

I'm seeing is thrusday night. Guess we will see bad Critic reviews has never stopped me from seeing a movie. I mean I saw every DCEU film in theaters. Only thing I've ever avoided cause bad reviews was Tranks F4 film. That wasn't even the critics though it was friends who saw it first and hated it. I am curious to see how audiences react to this. Most reviews who podcast I listen to liked the film. Exception being Double Toasted was split. Korey really liked it and Martin that it was whatever. We will see the trailers looked beautiful but not gonna lie nothing about this story jumps out at me and I've never been a Eternals fan. I hear people like some of the characters though. So hooe Kumail sticks around even if the movies bombs. I know how excited he was to be in this film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeadFace View Post
    I think the problem with some RT scores is that they let anyone with a blog count as a critic.
    One Problem is also that they count every Review just as Rotten or fresh.
    For the aggregate score it doesn't matter if the critic thought it was a 5/5 or 3/5.

And with Eternals the odd thing is that a lot of the fresh reviews sound pretty negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

And with Eternals the odd thing is that a lot of the fresh reviews sound pretty negative.
    Check this out.

https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/sta...24417190092800

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    LOL, are they really still beating the Captain Marvel drum? It's staler than Trump going on about how he really won the election he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    LOL, are they really still beating the Captain Marvel drum? It's staler than Trump going on about how he really won the election he lost.
    That tweet is from March 2019, so no.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 11-04-2021 at 02:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

I truly don't care what the RT score is for this. I have liked low rated RT movies and not liked some high rated RT movies. I know its a D^ck measuring contest for people on the internets, and has been forever, and a talking point but it means nothing to me.

Metacritic is a nice one to look at as well as RT, because it has a different approach. MC incorporates weighted scoring, where more reputable sources are given higher weight in the average score, and uses actual percentages rather than just the binary "fresh" or "rotten" of RT.

That said the MC score for Eternals is sitting at 54, putting it firmly in the "mixed reviews" category.

I'll probably see it. My main criteria for seeing hero movies is if I am familiar with the subject matter and/or characters. I'm kinda familiar with the Eternals, but have never cared about them. So maybe I'll see it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I truly don't care what the RT score is for this. I have liked low rated RT movies and not liked some high rated RT movies. I know its a D^ck measuring contest for people on the internets, and has been forever, and a talking point but it means nothing to me.
    The compulsive hysteria about Eternals RT Score is disturbing. I am still going to watch this movie. I don't need RT telling me how to think.

I am surprised that people still care about RT.
    I am looking forward to this and can't help but think that apart from the usual "anti-woke" people that want this movie to fail, we now also have some that are just tired of MCU in general and want to be among the first who bravely predict its demise.