Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I don't think they need to go too epic right away. If they overscale the conflict, and the consequences aren't drastic enough, the result could be underwhelming. Maybe starting with a relatively smaller threat is more attainable for the audience.

Plus, it doesn't need to be too connected to anything, because we're just seeing these characters for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    Yes, though not all successes are equal. Like Avengers/Big Three success is different than Ant Man and the Wasp success.

So I'm not sure what kind of success they are going for here. Eternals doesn't explicitly seem to tie into any of their immediate plans (i.e. multiverse, dark avengers, secret invasions), but at the same time the trailer is trying to give off an epic scope, and I dunno if it will deliver an epic box office.

I think focusing on the Deviants is a mistake, trailer-wise. They should have emphasized the size and power of the Celestials. Deviants just seem to be a handful of monsters, and that is hardly a threat justifying some epic tale.
    I think they're hoping for Ant Man and the Wasp type success. Or at least, I think that's what they were hoping for pre-covid and pre-delta variant. Now? I imagine their hopes and expectations are considerably lowered. We're just in a different time in history, there hasn't been a pandemic since before the talkies was a thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think they're hoping for Ant Man and the Wasp type success. Or at least, I think that's what they were hoping for pre-covid and pre-delta variant. Now? I imagine their hopes and expectations are considerably lowered. We're just in a different time in history, there hasn't been a pandemic since before the talkies was a thing.
    Everything will have to be adjusted at some point after this pandemic. Idk how long it'll take to get to any sense of "normalcy"

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Everything will have to be adjusted at some point after this pandemic. Idk how long it'll take to get to any sense of "normalcy"
    Normalcy depends on covid, and who knows when that'll be. If getting vaccinated and wearing masks wasn't a freaking political issue it'd have been contained here in the US. Can't speak of other countries. It's a complex issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Haven't you heard? This is the new normal.

Also been hearing rumors that this might get delayed. Hopefully not, I think it depends on Shang-Chi's performance

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Normalcy depends on covid, and who knows when that'll be. If getting vaccinated and wearing masks wasn't a freaking political issue it'd have been contained here in the US. Can't speak of other countries. It's a complex issue.
    It shouldn't be politicized, because then we'd actually be able to slow this pandemic down. But some people think they're "special" and don't need masks impinging on their "freedumb". But call them out on it and they'll say you're politicizing. It's just too bad for the rest of us. As for other countries, I've heard Canada and the UK had some anti-maskers/vaxxers

Also been hearing rumors that this might get delayed. Hopefully not, I think it depends on Shang-Chi's performance
    Safety comes first, but I hope nothing has to be delayed. Tbh, Idk if delaying for a few months will change anything

BANNED

Disney needs to get with the program, All of them (Sony, Universal, WB) should get with the program. James Bond: No time to Die, Eternals, Dune, Mobius. Not one of them should be pushed back again.

What is turning me off about this is the comment Salma makes about the Avengers bringing everyone back after they got snapped by Thanos, because i may be imagining it but to me it sound like she is saying it was a bad move because it awoke something...ok, if that is true, why didn't anything awoke when he killed half the universe or when he destroyed the gems? Because in both cases energy was used and released in vast quantities. And if it was such a bad thing, why didn't they stop him in the first place? I mean even if Marvel ignores the lore that Thanos is part Deviant or that he is an Eternal like them, they still should have known that there Infinity Stones on Earth and someone would come and get them. Now if they explain that there is some command implanted in them to do so ok, i can accept that no problem...but if its the case that they willfully ignored it, then why should i care or root for them?

I know this is a nitpick but i just can't let it go no matter how crazy it seems.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    What is turning me off about this is the comment Salma makes about the Avengers bringing everyone back after they got snapped by Thanos, because i may be imagining it but to me it sound like she is saying it was a bad move because it awoke something...ok, if that is true, why didn't anything awoke when he killed half the universe or when he destroyed the gems? Because in both cases energy was used and released in vast quantities. And if it was such a bad thing, why didn't they stop him in the first place? I mean even if Marvel ignores the lore that Thanos is part Deviant or that he is an Eternal like them, they still should have known that there Infinity Stones on Earth and someone would come and get them. Now if they explain that there is some command implanted in them to do so ok, i can accept that no problem...but if its the case that they willfully ignored it, then why should i care or root for them?

I know this is a nitpick but i just can't let it go no matter how crazy it seems.
    I've heard people make that point, that she sounds like she is making it out to be a bad thing, but tbh, I don't see it. I think her intonation is related to the general topic of their conversation (being this awakening and impending end of the world), not specifically towards the Avengers bringing everyone back. I don't think it's suggesting that she is blaming them or anything like that.

I've heard people make that point, that she sounds like she is making it out to be a bad thing, but tbh, I don't see it. I think her intonation is related to the general topic of their conversation (being this awakening and impending end of the world), not specifically towards the Avengers bringing everyone back. I don't think it's suggesting that she is blaming them or anything like that.
    Yeah, never got the idea that the Avengers were being held responsible, just that this was another connected event that they had the responsibility to deal with.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post

Her tone to me doesn't sound like that at all. Sounds like she's pointing out how crazy it is that humans were able to undo something like the snap, and sort of implying that they don't really need the Eternals to protect them. Almost justifying their passivity but with a slight bitterness of "Well guess we're not really THAT important...".