Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Seems a bit pointless since the other one is already a remake, whatever Kevin Smith says otherwise.
    Different audiences. The Kevin Smith one (regardless of whether or not it succeeded) was meant to appeal to an older audience (teens and up) and especially for the the 30-40 somethings that grew up with the old show and have disposable income. This show seems geared towards their kids in the 6+ range.

The differences between remakes/reboots/revivals notwithstanding, for me it's the same reason why we can have the Mandalorian and the Bad Batch simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Different audiences. The Kevin Smith one (regardless of whether or not it succeeded) was meant to appeal to an older audience (teens and up) and especially for the the 30-40 somethings that grew up with the old show and have disposable income. This show seems geared towards their kids in the 6+ range.

The differences between remakes/reboots/revivals notwithstanding, for me it's the same reason why we can have the Mandalorian and the Bad Batch simultaneously.
    Like the difference between the Netflix CGI Transformers trilogy and the upcoming Nick Transformers cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I am envious that children seem to be getting a "Masters of the Universe" series with He-Man playing a legitimate part in the series, whereas long time adult fans got "Revelations."
    And you can't enjoy this one because ... ?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And you can't enjoy this one because ... ?
    I didn't say I can't enjoy it, did I?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I didn't say I can't enjoy it, did I?
    No, I misread the first part of what you wrote. I'm sorry.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Looks interesting I'll give it a watch, only thing I wished Man at arms, was an adult mentor to the team and not a kid too.
    I also enjoyed Smith's MOTU show lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Looks interesting I'll give it a watch, only thing I wished Man at arms, was an adult mentor to the team and not a kid too.
    I also enjoyed Smith's MOTU show lol.
    Yeah, I'm really not feeling teen Man-at-Arms.

BANNED

If Man At Arms had to be a teen he could've at least been older than the rest, and not sound like the generic nerdy best friend

Judging by the number of dislikes a lot of middle-aged men are upset about this kids' cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    He-Man meets Final Fantasy meets...Power Rangers?

*shrugs* I'm in.
    Maybe they'll get their own Zords.

Well, it looks like Cringer is the only adult on the team. Going by his voice Cringer sounds old.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Judging by the number of dislikes a lot of middle-aged men are upset about this kids' cartoon
    No surprise there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Well, it looks like Cringer is the only adult on the team. Going by his voice Cringer sounds old.
    I like that Cringer gets to be one of the Masters this time around. The whole scaredy-cat, cowardly lion thing was always a bit annoying to me.

BANNED

I think I figured why this feels so off to me.
    The more I look at it, the more it feels like an imported cartoon, that Cartoon Network would play in the afternoon/morning to help fill out the schedule, but after a month would either stop airing it, or just kick it towards Boomerang and those shows rarely turn out good.
    Like that Mega Man show.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I feel like Cringer and Duncan should switch personalities/VA's here.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like that Cringer gets to be one of the Masters this time around. The whole scaredy-cat, cowardly lion thing was always a bit annoying to me.
    I liked the contrast between Cringer and Battle-Cat like the contrast between Adam and He-Man, like this big tiger is basically a little kitty in personality but then the Power of Greyskull turns it into a fierce warrior companion for He-Man.

He's like the only one other than He-Man who is nominally supposed to transform .