Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

New He-Man Makes Revelations Look GOOD!

Extraordinary Member

It's the kind of thing the target audience should really like.

Adam and all his friends get transformations this time. And Skeltor too.

5 man teams that transform have been popular with kids since the 1st Power Rangers series, not surprised they made it a team thing this time around.

Extraordinary Member

What is netflix's obsession with MOTU? I mean 3 series? Seems like a lot for a series they keep saying sucked originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's the kind of thing the target audience should really like.

Adam and all his friends get transformations this time. And Skeltor too.

5 man teams that transform have been popular with kids since the 1st Power Rangers series, not surprised they made it a team thing this time around.
    Nothing says a more toyetic cartoon for kids than giving everyone flashy transformations and making them all teenagers .
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    What is netflix's obsession with MOTU? I mean 3 series? Seems like a lot for a series they keep saying sucked originally.
    Are you counting She-Ra?

Super hot toyline in the 80s that they finally got rights to.

Makes sense to me.

They're about to flood out a bunch of new MLP, as well. Same for Avatar.

They're trying to find out what sells and what brings them the most ROI.

So far it seems when it is done like Voltron and She-Ra, it does well for them. Both got toylines and rights deals with vendors like Sonics, Scholastic, etc.

Revelations is not done yet and this new one has yet to come out, so can't really say much about if either format was working. Haven't see any new vendors or toylines for these new ones yet beyond the collector's editions/sets.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-23-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nothing says a more toyetic cartoon for kids than giving everyone flashy transformations and making them all teenagers .

Are you counting She-Ra?
    Yeah I'm counting She-Ra.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Super hot toyline in the 80s that they finally got rights to.

Makes sense to me.

They're about to flood out a bunch of new MLP, as well. Same for Avatar.

They're trying to find out what sells and what brings them the most ROI.

So far it seems when it is done like Voltron and She-Ra, it does well for them. Both got toylines and rights deals with vendors like Sonics, Scholastic, etc.

Revelations is not done yet and this new one has yet to come out, so can't really say much about if either format was working. Haven't see any new vendors or toylines for these new ones yet beyond the collector's editions/sets.
    The toys seem to be doing pretty well. Motu origins He-man and Skeletor have been peg warming before the new show came out. Due to being over shipped.

Because the originals had cool settings and elements, but were exercises in squandered potential; they were the perfect IP's for reboots... that said this version is looking very "in name only".
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

A clip from the series + the theme song.

Kinda catchy.

Yep has that Power Rangers energy.

"What are you doing!?"

"I ... HAVE ... TH- ... no idea."

That got a chuckle out of me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Because the originals had cool settings and elements, but were exercises in squandered potential; they were the perfect IP's for reboots... that said this version is looking very "in name only".
    The original series was very much rooted in the 80s action star aesthetic though, and has proven nearly impossible to update to suit modern sensibilities. The smart thing to do would have been to basically do a straight remake to capitalize on the peak of 80s nostalgia, kind of like what they were doing with the MOTU Classics toyline, but I think we're at the point in nostalgia cycle where 80s stuff is starting to fall out of favor again. Trying to modernize He-Man is a fool's errand because, and I say this as a lifelong fan of the brand, after you scrape away all the visual elements and marketing fluff there really isn't anything substantive left. The entire franchise was just a crass commercial exercise to cram as many toyetic elements into one line as possible, and if you swap all the stuff that appealed to 80s kids for what appeals to modern kids, what exactly do you still have left from what you started with?

Is it me or does he-mans look remind me of mr incredible from the incredibles?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    A clip from the series + the theme song.

Kinda catchy.

Yep has that Power Rangers energy.
    I was expecting an instrumental theme more like the 2002 cartoon, some of the background music in the show really sounds a lot like it, but I feel like this new theme will grow on me.

(Anyone disappointed with He-Man's use in MoU Revelations will be happy with how prominent he and Skeletor are here. I'm a sucker for theme songs where the main hero and villain charge at each other).

Man-At-Arms looks way cooler than he should given the de-aging .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was expecting an instrumental theme more like the 2002 cartoon, some of the background music in the show really sounds a lot like it, but I feel like this new theme will grow on me.

(Anyone disappointed with He-Man's use in MoU Revelations will be happy with how prominent he and Skeletor are here. I'm a sucker for theme songs where the main hero and villain charge at each other).

Man-At-Arms looks way cooler than he should given the de-aging .
    Ok the theme is no longer catchy, its ADDICTIVE. I think if I heard it by itself I'd think it was just ok, but it goes perfectly with that opening. Its very kinetic, and I love how each of the heroes blends into the other. That part of it kinda reminded me of Thundercats a bit.

Curious to know the story behind Skeletor's left skeletal hand.

Man-At-Arms rocking the Samus Aran look lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Ok the theme is no longer catchy, its ADDICTIVE. I think if I heard it by itself I'd think it was just ok, but it goes perfectly with that opening. Its very kinetic, and I love how each of the heroes blends into the other. That part of it kinda reminded me of Thundercats a bit.

Curious to know the story behind Skeletor's left skeletal hand.

Man-At-Arms rocking the Samus Aran look lol
    I'm curious what those creatures He-Man throws his sword through are supposed to be.