Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Hope is not above a little torture.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Cyclops has mended his relationship w/ them.More that Cap isn't holding a grudge but it works.
    Wolvie is a long time Avenger.
    Jean in X-men red showed she is on good terms w/Avengers.
    Rogue should be here, and Shiro if we can get him.
    I'd say Hank but he's kinda Dark Beast now so that's a big no-no.
    Rogue hasn't been involved in this comic as much as they needed to be due to her relationship with Eric. But I can see why haven't done that because she is already married and hasnt been in contact with Eric for the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Rogue hasn't been involved in this comic as much as they needed to be due to her relationship with Eric. But I can see why haven't done that because she is already married and hasnt been in contact with Eric for the last few years
    Rogue has a connection with Wanda in that they have a civil relationship. Her and Wanda fought and made up. Rogue sees Wanda as a person who made a mistake and trying to do the right thing. Rogue would at least be the one mutant who would be the loudest to stand up for Wanda
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Rogue has a connection with Wanda in that they have a civil relationship. Her and Wanda fought and made up. Rogue sees Wanda as a person who made a mistake and trying to do the right thing. Rogue would at least be the one mutant who would be the loudest to stand up for Wanda
    What would rogue say that could change people’s minds? The “pretender” crowd have their minds made up. It would just be a pointless exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    What would rogue say that could change people’s minds? The “pretender” crowd have their minds made up. It would just be a pointless exercise in futility.
    I’m not saying that Rogue would change people’s minds, just giving an answer that Rogue has more of a civil relationship with Wanda than to Erik due to being on a team with the former. I believe that there will be some who can be swayed if they knew the whole story and that Magneto himself feels responsible for M-day as well. Though many will still see her as “The Pretender” and that the one responsible for her death is a hero.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I'm super intrigued by this. Art is lovely. Can't wait!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I’m not saying that Rogue would change people’s minds, just giving an answer that Rogue has more of a civil relationship with Wanda than to Erik due to being on a team with the former. I believe that there will be some who can be swayed if they knew the whole story and that Magneto himself feels responsible for M-day as well. Though many will still see her as “The Pretender” and that the one responsible for her death is a hero.
    Yeah i mean it wouldn’t hurt anything to show this. My only issue would be rogue already has a spotlight in the flagship xmen so having other characters shine in something like this would be more what i would like to see in a title like this. Either way, i would not be against having a panel or two of what you are saying.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Yeah i mean it wouldn’t hurt anything to show this. My only issue would be rogue already has a spotlight in the flagship xmen so having other characters shine in something like this would be more what i would like to see in a title like this. Either way, i would not be against having a panel or two of what you are saying.
    I agree with your sentiment on principle in terms of giving light and shine to mutants who aren't appearing in other titles, but in the case of Rogue and even Shiro I think that their connections to Wanda, Pietro, and Erik (respectively) would lend them to be more involved with this storyline than say someone like Jean. I wish Lorna wasn't written so OOC in this as it would present a better case for her: trapped between a loyalty and budding father relationship to Magneto that she has been shown repeatedly to have, and the search for the truth when on appearances it looks like he's the culprit. Instead she's pulling the IvX "Cyclops is evil" card on Magneto for limited evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I agree with your sentiment on principle in terms of giving light and shine to mutants who aren't appearing in other titles, but in the case of Rogue and even Shiro I think that their connections to Wanda, Pietro, and Erik (respectively) would lend them to be more involved with this storyline than say someone like Jean. I wish Lorna wasn't written so OOC in this as it would present a better case for her: trapped between a loyalty and budding father relationship to Magneto that she has been shown repeatedly to have, and the search for the truth when on appearances it looks like he's the culprit. Instead she's pulling the IvX "Cyclops is evil" card on Magneto for limited evidence.
    Ngl the lorna vs magneto fight hit me right in the feels as i had a similar relationship with my father growing up. Especially when you have someone as foreboding as magneto who is willing to kill her so she would be resurrected just to prove a point, it’s like damn man… that hurts.

Ngl the lorna vs magneto fight hit me right in the feels as i had a similar relationship with my father growing up. Especially when you have someone as foreboding as magneto who is willing to kill her so she would be resurrected just to prove a point, it’s like damn man… that hurts.
    A swerve may be coming and I am keeping that in mind, but in terms of the scene without one.

If Lorna was an original female character who didn't have a relationship with Magneto before Williams the scene would be fine for the reasons you give. Except she isn't and they did have a previous relationship that wasn't much based on Magneto attempting to "possess" or "break" her.

Thing to know: Lorna being ultra violent is not really an issue. She can be as violent as Magneto and has been including to people she cares about. She cares about Pietro, she really cares about Magneto. Wanda though she has never really liked though tried at times. Unlike with Magneto and Pietro she does blame Wanda for Decimation.

Lorna knows that Magneto loves Wanda unconditionally and I think at times would even be called somewhat jealous.

There is nothing wrong with Magneto and Lorna fighting and brutally if built up to in a realistic way. They certainly have before, but Lorna knows Magneto quite well and doesn't ascribe to traditional superhero ethics therefore long could see him outside the prism that other x-characters could including Rogue I might add. Immediately assigning guilt for Wanda's murder to Magneto on the basis of the shoddy evidence provided makes perfect sense for Wolverine, little sense for many of the other X-Men and zero sense for Lorna.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-10-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    A swerve may be coming and I am keeping that in mind, but in terms of the scene without one.

If Lorna was an original female character who didn't have a relationship with Magneto before Leah Williams the scene would be fine for the reasons you give. Except she isn't and they did have a previous relationship that wasn't much based on Magneto attempting to "possess" or "break" her.

Thing to know: Lorna being ultra violent is not really an issue. She can be as violent as Magneto and has been including to people she cares about. She cares about Pietro, she really cares about Magneto. Wanda though she has never really liked though tried at times. Unlike with Magneto and Pietro she does blame Wanda for Decimation.

Lorna knows that Magneto loves Wanda unconditionally and I think at times would even be called somewhat jealous.

There is nothing wrong with Magneto and Lorna fighting and brutally if built up to in a realistic way. They certainly have before, but Lorna knows Magneto quite well and doesn't ascribe to traditional superhero ethics therefore long could see him outside the prism that other x-characters could including Rogue I might add. Immediately assigning guilt for Wanda's murder to Magneto on the basis of the shoddy evidence provided makes perfect sense for Wolverine, little sense for many of the other X-Men and zero sense for Lorna.
    To be fair, they were attempting to place magneto under arrest for the crime. They were not passing verdict. It was a team effort to which lorna was obligated. I did not see anything wrong in her motivations. It would have been more weird to me if she went against the decision based solely on it being her father. It was her duty and that is something magneto instilled in her previously.

To be fair, they were attempting to place magneto under arrest for the crime. They were not passing verdict. It was a team effort to which lorna was obligated. I did not see anything wrong in her motivations. It would have been more weird to me if she went against the decision based solely on it being her father. It was her duty and that is something magneto instilled in her previously.
    Like I said I think a swerve of what the scene was truly about may be in the offing.

But, if we are to take the scene at face value she used her powers on her father/the suspect without talking to him first. The first thing a cop does is attempts to talk to a suspect they plan on bringing in other then if they are an absolute idiot.

Cops that use force before attempting to talk down a suspect get people killed. The arresting officer also typically doesn't scream tears in his or her eyes that the suspect is guilty of murder.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-10-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Like I said I think a swerve of what the scene was truly about may be in the offing.

But, if we are to take the scene at face value she used her powers on her father/the suspect without talking to him first. The first thing a cop does is attempts to talk to a suspect they plan on bringing in other then if they are an absolute idiot.

Cops that use force before attempting to talk down a suspect get people killed. The arresting officer also typically doesn't scream tears in his or her eyes that the suspect is guilty of murder.
    This suspect could kill everyone on the planet with a thought. He would also be resurrected if he was killed. Could she hace deescalated the situation? Maybe? I think she knows there is no convincing magneto to come quietly when he enters into one of his modes. It has happened countless times in the history of the xmen. For me, i think the scene played out great.

This suspect could kill everyone on the planet with a thought. He would also be resurrected if he was killed. Could she hace deescalated the situation? Maybe? I think she knows there is no convincing magneto to come quietly when he enters into one of his modes. It has happened countless times in the history of the xmen. For me, i think the scene played out great.
    If she knew what to expect in attacking him then why did she look like a teenager breaking down with tears in her eyes when he bites back physically and verbally. That was not the response of someone who had gamed the situation out.

There is a reasonable range between characters who have already developed relationships of responses when interacting. Wolverine would be the far end of the X-Men range on the hostility side with Magneto so both telling him to come in or they are going to fight or at the far end just stabbing him at the accusation of him doing something bad would be reasonably within the range for that character.

With Lorna's character you have someone who lives with him on and off and has followed him on his saving the mutant race projects on and off. He is one of her core 2-3 relationships. There is a generalized range of reasonably in character responses one might have expected from her dealing with an accusation of murder of Wanda from one end trusting that he wouldn't do that implicitly knowing he loves Wanda (probably in her mind more then she worries he loves her) or on the other end treating it as something to be investigated and discussed (including with him).

I would put it this way there is a range of views on this board from most thinking its unreasonable for Magneto to be suspect #1 to some including perhaps yourself who thinks its reasonable for him to be suspect #1. I have seen no one here convinced he is guilty based on the current evidence that Lorna was presented as based on the current facts and none of us actually lives with him and have followed him happily on his saving the mutant race crusades.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-10-2021 at 04:04 PM.

BANNED

There was nothing wrong with the way Polaris was treated in Trial of Magneto 1. Polaris is not the focus of this story. Magneto and the Scarlet Witch are. Some fans get upset every time their favorite isn’t written exactly as they would like.