Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    I see your point. For me, I am big on folks owning what they are, what they do, and what their intent on a particular action was. In the case of the critics of Wanda, they may have valid points regarding the depth of harm she has caused, but when I notice good, genuine and heroic acts by Wanda being downplayed, minimized or selectively ignored, that suggests to me that the critic may not be fully objective when it comes to Wanda. Recognizing that, I then recognize that I am attempting a discussion with a person who neither does not have all the facts, or doesn't want to know all the facts. Which would be their right not to, but I also have the right not to participate or fully engage with a poster that is not interested in positive AND negative facts. I then need my energy and opinions to be applied to a greater and more constructive good, not a one-sided conversation. Case in point, my earlier post of Wanda (page 24) sacrificing herself to save Rogue from being stabbed in Uncanny Avengers # 1. There is no acknowledgement of the heroics of that act by Wanda. Particularly an act with someone she was at the time, having serious beef with (Rogue). All I hear regarding that is "crickets." That tells me enough of what I need to know. It may not be all, but for me, it is enough.
    Agreed With You.

It is like that, and for those of us who like Wanda it is very frustrating, Wanda has been trying for YEARS over and over again trying to amend the no more mutants, which how I said she has the letter of I am possessed and crazy it was not my fault lol, and still so she tries to help.

But it is more hate, but on the other hand I do not see that today those who have been possessed by Phoenix show remorse or revive hate, and heck one of them ended the life of an entire planet. x_X

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    And all she ever does is treat him as a quasi-incestuous sociopath. He need to pull a Flash and go visit a reality where he can hang out with Anya
    Pietro is and always was a strong and compelling character who has stolen the spotlight from ALL the mags kids in his life at one point or another. I think his road is moving on from all the “Wandas’s brother or not/ Wanda events” and stepping out into a future.

baumblume

It’s so sad the way Magneto interacts with Pietro.
    even though Pietro looks like Erik, I always felt Pietro had more of his mother’s personality from what little we know of her we know she had a very caring heart. Wanda and Lorna are safer options for Erik to show emotions to, but the best he can do is be better with his grandkids because they are much more removed from the memory of his own trauma. I always felt that even though Wanda looked more like her mother, she had her father’s personality and was more sympathetic to Erik.

This is a very long way to say: It hurts Erik more emotionally to connect with his son because his son is such a strong reminder of himself and his wife and to make a real unfiltered connection with Pietro would mean he would have to face himself/his past and reopen those wounds to a very old pain that he spent years locking behind metal wall.

Pietro in canon looks like a younger version of Erik, this is CANON.

Mighty Member

I'm for Wanda being made a mutant again and being front and center as a hero.

What I don't like about Wanda mostly is how righteous her fans become when an X-fan still hates her and they use that one poster as proof X-fans are haters.

Lately, there seems to be a huge influx of Wanda fans from the Marvel board coming here to tell us we suck if we don't worship Wanda. As an Xfan you don't see me going on the Avengers board and telling them they suck cause they prefer the Avengers over the X-Men.

On social media, it also sometimes feels like there's no bigger victim than a white woman. So all the constant defending of Wanda while trashing other X-characters. It's similar to how Inhumans acted as if they were the victims when mutants were being wiped out. It leaves a sour taste when those in privileged positions act like the biggest victims out there.

In fact, if I avoided X-boards, I would have no negative feelings for Wanda. Right now I do. Cause I don't buy into the act that white female characters are victims who need constant defending.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    We will continue to blame Wanda for.
    something she doesn't have ?????? WTF.

She was possessed by an entity that she did not have much control over, she are insane and broken in her mental stability (crazy as a goat) and she was being manipulated like a puppet by Pietro.

If anyone is to blame for no more mutants, it is Doom Pietro and Magneto.

No problem .
    LOL
    3. Wanda is oppressed by her twin brother!

I will BURN every single copy of that Scarlet Witch Solo. I literally hate how writers constantly use Pietro in a creepy overprotective misogynistic writing so that Wanda can have her “GIRLBOSS” moment for standing up for herself. Did you all forgot it was literally Pietro doing whatever his sister wanted to do? He wanted to leave the Brotherhood before her but stayed because Wanda felt she owed Magneto for him saving her.

baumblume

People and especially writers who demonize Pietro's love for Wanda, trying to paint him as this controlling, abusive monster, who only wants to ruin everything for her are the worst.

Pietro loves Wanda so deeply, and of course he is overprotective can you imagine what it was to grow up like them? They grew up poor and romani in a society that hated them, it was dangerous for a young girl so Pietro always felt the need to take care of her, to not let anyone hurt her.

And then, after they lost their parents, they were everything they had! The risk got only higher, when they met Magneto a group of people were literally trying to murder Wanda.

And then even with Magneto he had to constantly worry for his sister's safety, either for their fights against the X-men, the creeps of their teammates or Magneto himself.

Have some consideration for the poor guy, he couldn't just let go those insecurities and fears like if they were nothing once they were finally "safe".

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I'm for Wanda being made a mutant again and being front and center as a hero.

What I don't like about Wanda mostly is how righteous her fans become when an X-fan still hates her and they use that one poster as proof X-fans are haters.

Lately, there seems to be a huge influx of Wanda fans from the Marvel board coming here to tell us we suck if we don't worship Wanda. As an Xfan you don't see me going on the Avengers board and telling them they suck cause they prefer the Avengers over the X-Men.

On social media, it also sometimes feels like there's no bigger victim than a white woman. So all the constant defending of Wanda while trashing other X-characters. It's similar to how Inhumans acted as if they were the victims when mutants were being wiped out. It leaves a sour taste when those in privileged positions act like the biggest victims out there.

In fact, if I avoided X-boards, I would have no negative feelings for Wanda. Right now I do. Cause I don't buy into the act that white female characters are victims who need constant defending.
    Technically Wanda is a Romani woman. The Roma are European, but aren’t considered white. Everything else you bring a fair point. Though if you bring Wanda into an X-book and ignore certain character development and have her commit actions that contrast with present development then expect for there to be strong opinions from her fans.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 09-11-2021 at 08:06 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    People and especially writers who demonize Pietro's love for Wanda, trying to paint him as this controlling, abusive monster, who only wants to ruin everything for her are the worst.
    Yeah, I hate it when comics tear Pietro down to build Wanda up. It doesn't happen all that often, to be fair, but Steve Englehart wrote Wanda for a long time and always portrayed Pietro that way, and some of that leaked into that one issue of Wanda's solo where she calls Pietro a sociopath. Way out of character, and even Robinson or his editor seemed to realized they'd gone too far, because they had Wanda and Pietro make up and be friends again out of nowhere.

It's true that Pietro is hard to get along with and can be controlling of his sister, but it's justified by what they went through and probably the way they were raised.

I guess the only good thing about the MCU version being killed off so early is that he died a hero and a good and loving brother, so he always be remembered in-story that way (when he's remembered at all, I mean, which isn't often).

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It’s so sad the way Magneto interacts with Pietro.
    even though Pietro looks like Erik, I always felt Pietro had more of his mother’s personality from what little we know of her we know she had a very caring heart. Wanda and Lorna are safer options for Erik to show emotions to, but the best he can do is be better with his grandkids because they are much more removed from the memory of his own trauma. I always felt that even though Wanda looked more like her mother, she had her father’s personality and was more sympathetic to Erik.

This is a very long way to say: It hurts Erik more emotionally to connect with his son because his son is such a strong reminder of himself and his wife and to make a real unfiltered connection with Pietro would mean he would have to face himself/his past and reopen those wounds to a very old pain that he spent years locking behind metal wall.

Pietro in canon looks like a younger version of Erik, this is CANON.
    I donīt know if Pietro got more like Magdaīs personality because we donīt know much about her in her dialy life under no extenuating circunstances but I agree his appareance along with the knowledge of him being Magdaīs Son does bring a lot of painful memories for him but I think the strongest reason is the brotherhood days what keeps him from trying to get along with Pietro or Wanda, because he knows that even if he was mentally unstable and crazy when he meet them, thatīs not an excuse for his bad treatment towards them or the rest of the brotherhood, I think it says a lot that after he got sane again and got his memories back he went mostly solo in his own dream. I also believe heīs proud of Pietro and Wanda for becoming heros in their own right and while there are times he honestly wanted to get close to his Son despite their past, like in the 80īs or the Genosha era, I think that Magneto believes they are better off in their own lifes than having a relationship with him. Imo this was part of why it wasnīt hard for him to decide to rule Genosha on his own even if this made mad Pietro, Lorna and Wanda and keep being the one thing the world feared enough to get a little off the mutants case than trying again for a closer relationship with them.

Heīs a little closer to Lorna because with her he doesnīt have the brotherhood baggage and they share the same power so there are more reasons for them to interact and still she has her own life, he would like to see her as his heir but he thinks thatīs a decision she has to make for herself, even if sometimes they fight together or agaisnt each other. They also shared the Genosha background and their wish for Krakoa to be different and this would not have happened if Lorna herself was not open to the idea.

In the end what I think Magneto mourns the most is that lost opportunity for him to have a relatonship similar to the one he had with his own father in which they supported each and understood each other very well, I think thatīs what he personally mourns about Pietro but also knows post brotherhood this closeness is impossible not because of Pietroīs fault or his similarities with Magda but by Magneto own actions and in the end he mostly feels like they are better off without him, even if he does love him and his sisters in his own way, he will be there during a crisis but thatīs it and he was content that way, Axis just came to remind him that he really loved them more than even he thought possible and it hurt a lot to get those last links broken, because you canīt teach your heart to believe what your head knows.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-11-2021 at 09:28 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

Having Magneto care and be a good dad is great for fanfics and I love reading that but in canon its been shown that Magneto used to send assassins after the twins to test them, he constantly degraded Pietro and was manipulative and abusive (He even kills him!). A lot of this is directed to his son, however guy characters getting hate like that is usually played off as a joke. Lorna and Wanda don’t have it half as bad as Pietro, usually Magneto treats them with more respect rather than verbally abusing them like he does Pietro.

Having Magneto care and be a good dad is great for fanfics and I love reading that but in canon its been shown that Magneto used to send assassins after the twins to test them, he constantly degraded Pietro and was manipulative and abusive (He even kills him!). A lot of this is directed to his son, however guy characters getting hate like that is usually played off as a joke. Lorna and Wanda don’t have it half as bad as Pietro, usually Magneto treats them with more respect rather than verbally abusing them like he does Pietro.
    The assessains part was a retcon for Pietro to have More anger for magneto, hom was because magneto thoght he manipulated His sister for a fantasy world that could destroy the real world but he doenst back talks Pietro or thinks lowly of him he was just dissapointed Pietro dindnt want to accept His own responsibility blaming a Skrull for His actions.Something even luna was sad he decided to lie.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-11-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I donīt know if Pietro got more like Magdaīs personality because we donīt know much about her in her dialy life under no extenuating circunstances but I agree his appareance along with the knowledge of him being Magdaīs Son does bring a lot of painful memories for him but I think the strongest reason is the brotherhood days what keeps him from trying to get along with Pietro or Wanda, because he knows that even if he was mentally unstable and crazy when he meet them, thatīs not an excuse for his bad treatment towards them or the rest of the brotherhood, I think it says a lot that after he got sane again and got his memories back he went mostly solo in his own dream. I also believe heīs proud of Pietro and Wanda for becoming heros in their own right and while there are times he honestly wanted to get close to his Son despite their past, like in the 80īs or the Genosha era, I think that Magneto believes they are better off in their own lifes than having a relationship with him. Imo this was part of why it wasnīt hard for him to decide to rule Genosha on his own even if this made mad Pietro, Lorna and Wanda and keep being the one thing the world feared enough to get a little off the mutants case than trying again for a closer relationship with them.

Heīs a little closer to Lorna because with her he doesnīt have the brotherhood baggage and they share the same power so there are more reasons for them to interact and still she has her own life, he would like to see her as his heir but he thinks thatīs a decision she has to make for herself, even if sometimes they fight together or agaisnt each other. They also shared the Genosha background and their wish for Krakoa to be different and this would not have happened if Lorna herself was not open to the idea.

In the end what I think Magneto mourns the most is that lost opportunity for him to have a relatonship similar to the one he had with his own father in which they supported each and understood each other very well, I think thatīs what he personally mourns about Pietro but also knows post brotherhood this closeness is impossible not because of Pietroīs fault or his similarities with Magda but by Magneto own actions and in the end he mostly feels like they are better off without him, even if he does love him and his sisters in his own way, he will be there during a crisis but thatīs it and he was content that way, Axis just came to remind him that he really loved them more than even he thought possible and it hurt a lot to get those last links broken, because you canīt teach your heart to believe what your head knows.

Magneto smushing his son with a giant piece of steel .
    Magneto Don't Give a S*** -for Pietro.

baumblume

The dynamics of their ( abusive) relationship just misses the mark for me. It strikes me as too unbelievable that Pietro would keep striving for his father’s approval after years of such treatment. Magneto smushing his son with a giant piece of steel .

baumblume

Magneto is actually a very good liar and manipulator.

The dynamics of their ( abusive) relationship just misses the mark for me. It strikes me as too unbelievable that Pietro would keep striving for his father’s approval after years of such treatment. Magneto smushing his son with a giant piece of steel .
    What years? They have almost not interacted since Genosha. We hardly nerd to add things that didnt happen, their past Is bad enough as It Is AND I already said why maga pretty much keeps himself away.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-11-2021 at 10:36 AM.