Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Super hype for this! The first issue was so awesome!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Or he feels more confident in his ability to wipe Hope's mind of any confidential information that may come to light, such as his and Erik's involvement with Moira.
    With the way Hope's powers work, I doubt he could do such a thing.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    maybe it's Charles' manipulative way to regain some control over the fabulous Five by spending some quality time with their leader Hope.
    He doesn't seem to be doing that great. :D

Or he feels more confident in his ability to wipe Hope's mind of any confidential information that may come to light, such as his and Erik's involvement with Moira.
    Yeah, but they probably just wanted to use Hope. I doubt they'll accidentally find something in Erik's mind.

--

Good points, though, guys. :)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Seriously, who keeps sending Wolverine on ‘diplomatic’ things

Wolverine was an Avenger and has worked with Cap even before then so he is someone they know.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Wolverine was an Avenger and has worked with Cap even before then so he is someone they know.
    Yes, out of all the xmen wolverine is one of the ones who has a great relationship with the avengers. Cyclops… not so much lol

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Yes, there are only 3 telepaths on that island. If 2 are busy with diplomacy, we need Hope. :P

Thanks for sharing, juan678.
    I think the operative word is there are only 3 telepaths Charles trusts with this and hope

This could be part of it, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Agreed, I want to stay mad at this comic but Mr Lucas Werneck is making this difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    X-men #11 put it very clearly that Magneto is the hero of Krakoa to the masses. In Way of X some of the Academy X kids use Wanda's name as a slur. There is no way that killing Wanda and then punishing her killer wouldn't have blow out across all of Krakoa.

Especially if they think the Avengers were pressuring the mutants. Those mutant looking at the Avengers landing is not a welcoming sight. Cause the first question that will pop up is ok how did you Avengers punish Wanda for nearly wiping us out? Was she in a prison this whole time? I think not so back off. Mutants who would punish their own just to appease them that's not a good look.
    Agreed, my point is just that it would not be a uniform way of everybody going agaist this, especially if the Quiet Council agrees with this decision.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Yes, out of all the xmen wolverine is one of the ones who has a great relationship with the avengers. Cyclops… not so much lol
    Rogue has a good relationship with both Cap and Wasp, and yet, she is nowhere to be found...

Extraordinary Member

Cyclops has mended his relationship w/ them.More that Cap isn't holding a grudge but it works.
    Wolvie is a long time Avenger.
    Jean in X-men red showed she is on good terms w/Avengers.
    Rogue should be here, and Shiro if we can get him.
    I'd say Hank but he's kinda Dark Beast now so that's a big no-no.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think the operative word is there are only 3 telepaths Charles trusts with this and hope
    I understand he might think Paris is too controversial to be part of investigation. But why wouldn't he trust Betsy or Rachel? Or even Quentin or the Cuckoos? Does he have any reason - that he knows of - not to trust Kwannon?

My headcanon is that they all got drunk at the Gala. :P
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 09-10-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

Who knows maybe he thinks that Betsy would be biased against Magneto given their past...

The colorist is doing some beautiful heavy lifting in terms of setting the tone for each of these pages. The vibrant lush greens of Krakoa emphasizing its majesty as a paradise. The harsh contrast of dark vs. light in the Xavier/Hope page, stressing their opposition with one another -- the warmth of Hope's coloring played against the Xavier's dark cold. Additionally the use of solid and grainy blacks with the eery moody yellow -- evokes a kind of interrogation vibe, like when detectives stick the lamp over the suspect in a dark room. Also feels a bit like a serial killer's operating room, imho.
    And lastly the absolutely gorgeous cool, calm, palette for Magneto's telepathic landscape. The color selection has an aurora borealis serenity in those first two panels in particular, with the soft rainbow woven throughout.

SOLID MOOD EXECUTION -- on top of being wonderfully horny. haha.

Incredible Member

i think hopes inclusion here is to have her more involved in the story. she is very much part of the whole wanda story so it does make sense to have some inclusion here, but putting her in the telepath role does feels forced, probably so she can find something out.

Just my opinion but I think its entirely appropriate.
    Jean is otherwise occupied. Emma, although respected, is more likely to refute/argue Xavier. Hope is both more heavily involved due to her role on THE FIVE but also young and from the perspective of Xavier, manageable. Xavier's ego at play there.
    I love that its Hope.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's weird how hard the story is leaning on the characters being suspicious of Magneto, even though we have been given literally no reason to believe he would have committed the murder, even without that scene in S.W.O.R.D.

Based on what we've seen in the comics, we'd suspect Exodus or one of the kids he's indoctrinated, but so would the characters. The only motive Magneto would have is if he wanted to resurrect Wanda... which doesn't even make sense, since based on what he and the characters know, resurrection wouldn't actually make her a mutant again. And anyway no one brought up that motive.

I know I'm taking the murder-mystery aspect of it too seriously, but someone should point out what an unlikely suspect he is.
    You're forgetting the obvious in-story-fantasy that a writer has to create in order to have a dramatic tale. Would some mutants be suspicious of Erik? Absolutely. But we're seeing a milder version of "Dead Cyclops was an exterminator" viewpoint already from characters that would normally give some leeway to find the truth. Instead we're seeing jump on the guilty bandwagon for no actual reasons (Lorna). Espcially since most people know that Wanda still has a place in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I don't think that the Avengers have gone there looking for a confrontation otherwise they would have taken their main (most lethal) roster to Krakoa including Thor, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, She Hulk, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Blade and Echo (Phoenix). The Avengers featured Captain America, Iron Man, Vision and Wasp are just those closest to Wanda.
    Right, that's the key difference right now between AvX and here, in that Cap didn't bring a hidden helicarrier full of every Avenger ever to steal a child. It's those closest to Wanda here to get answers, which they deserve. And you're right that the bigger threats aren't here, but some of them would not be as much of an issue on Krakoa given some of the mutants in the house. I can see Jean alone, if not with Rachel in story, dealing with Echo and the Phoenix Force and taking her off the table. Thor would have to content with Storm and have his half-sister also to have a second duel. Blade vs Wolverine. Captain Marvel and She-Hulk might be the more problematic forces.