Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    We haven’t seen much of Jean’s feelings in this Krakoan era for neither strangers or even her close friends. Or even her family.

I mean both her brothers-in-law who live in the same house with her are in a really bad place mental-health-wise and there’s isn’t a single panel of them interacting.

It might also be that Jean and Emma will clear him and the Avengers will still not believe and attack anyway.

I hope it’s not the case.

Totally. I think lots of writers just “write” the fight scenes using the Marvel Method, which means giving a very lose description of what is supposed to happen and leave it to the artists. The thing is that, a long time ago, comic book artists specialized in the action scenes and they were really good at story telling. I think most artists nowadays focus on the artistic technique, so we end up with silly fights.

Every character’s powers are always all over the place. Which is why the discussions of who would win in a fight can be entertaining, but never conclusive.

Makes sense. Not sure how “bending light” would fall in the scale of a magnetic feat that is easy to be perceived or not so… Maybe Lorna wouldn’t be able to track it. I really don’t know.

I get it. But my point is that even if Leah writes the most magnificent story that will heal the relationship between Wanda and the mutants, another writer might just decide to ignore it. Remember when Hank Pym slapped his wife while in a state of psychosis? They *never* drop it.
    Well to lighten up the mood she's all up in Synch's Laura drama, hope she tells him that it ain't the best idea to share..but maybe she wants to enjoy the show

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well now we may have a reason "Onslaught" got in them when they were resurrected but also they have been written as very reactive and this doesn´t help their narrative.
    I don’t think Onslaught explains everything, but it might be all we’re getting. Well, so be it, then.

I actually didn´t think about this but if he´s cleared by Jean and Emma I would be so happy even if there´s still a fight with the Avengers, this would get into the old marvel way of misunderstandings, a fight that will end once some things are explained.

Still I personally thought it was possible Magneto was send inside Krakoa just like Sabretooth was after his interrogation and freed himself from there but I like your idea more. :)
    It makes more sense to me. Otherwise, he escaped and changed clothes again?

But I really don’t know what is going on there and I’m not trying to speculate.

Yes the marvel way needs very skilled artist to show off the combat and be clear of what´s happening and this doesn´t always happen even if the art is quite pretty.
    Which is why I’d prefer if the writers thought of the fight and actually wrote the script for it. It’s very likely that some of those artists don’t even know the characters well, how are they supposed to create a good action sequence then?

Yes I avoid those threads so much precisely because of this, they never end and it really doens´t matter much the power level when the writer can decide who wins just because it fits their plot.
    Exactly: the winner is always whoever the writer chooses. :)

I understand but I hope it can be done, the characters and the narrative need to advance at some point even the MCU had to scratch all of that redone Hank to introduce him to the movies.
    They allowed Hank to create the particles that have his name, but not be the current Ant-man in the MCU. I’m still bitter about it. :P

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don’t think Onslaught explains everything, but it might be all we’re getting. Well, so be it, then.
    Yes he doesn´t explain everything but I hope he explains enough for the character to advance to the next stage of the story.

It makes more sense to me. Otherwise, he escaped and changed clothes again?
    Well he ususally uses a metal armor he modifies it with his powers, so he doesn´t always change uniform, he just changes the color of his armor so he would not need to go and change to his house.

But I really don’t know what is going on there and I’m not trying to speculate.
    We probably are seeing the incomplete sequence because the solicits say the Avengers are there for Wanda´s funeral so their fight must happen at the middle or at the end of the story.

Which is why I’d prefer if the writers thought of the fight and actually wrote the script for it. It’s very likely that some of those artists don’t even know the characters well, how are they supposed to create a good action sequence then?
    Agreed Claremont was often criticized for being wordy but I think sometimes you have to write this way for the fights to make sense and the artists need the description of the fight to be able to properly represent it, when this happens it can be quite good storytelling.

Exactly: the winner is always whoever the writer chooses.
    Pretty much

They allowed Hank to create the particles that have his name, but not be the current Ant-man in the MCU. I’m still bitter about it. :P
    I quite liked their version of Hank, yer, him not being the Ant Man for his movie was not good but comics have mistreated them so much and for such a long time that I was just happy to see him get his dignity back and we can always see him younger in other missions. He´s not at all a pasive character in those movies.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

If Billy really doesn't show up after all that foreshadow I am gonna be so done!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

He will definitely show, I don´t think he would have been namedropped so much by Tommy and on GOTG and Ewing has been wanting to address this since he started working on SWORD but he probably will get there until issue 4 or 5 when Anhiliation crossover is done.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What are the kids standing around and staring for? It's like they're waiting for an excuse to attack the Avengers.
    Yeaaaaah I feel like there should be more younger KraKoans ready to defend magneto...unless he told them to stand down (lol)

Damn I wish the one with the cornrows was a new gay Mutant

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Well, can you blame them? A bunch of privileged asses come to your home to pick a fight. This isn't the first time they've done this either.
    Riiiight???
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

"Privilged A*ses" y'all haven't read much of the Avengers side of things have you.
    Avengers have helped mutants multiple times.
    And they aren't there to pick up a fight, if Rogue died at an Avengers reunion and there was no resurection what do you think the X-men would do smh

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    "Privilged A*ses" y'all haven't read much of the Avengers side of things have you.
    And they aren't there to pick up a fight, if Rogue died at an Avengers reunion and there was no resurection what do you think the X-men would do smh
    They'd just resurrect Rogue themselves give the Avengers a read for filth, Snap, then walk away that's what they do in the Krakoan era.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    AvX made the Avengers the cops to the mutants minority metaphor. Uncanny Avengers only cemented that, however inadvertently, and not much has been done to mitigate that dynamic since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    I feel like the ideal outcome would be Pietro in X-Books with Wanda in Avengers books but both crossing over and making appearances in both.
    Wanda would be better as ambassador between both sides. It would be the ultimate in healing, rehabilitation, and forgiveness.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Well to lighten up the mood she's all up in Synch's Laura drama, hope she tells him that it ain't the best idea to share..but maybe she wants to enjoy the show:p
    Sorry, Rev. I didn’t see your message yesterday.

I’m actually glad she talked with Ev about it. I wish it had been a longer conversation, but I understand Duggan is juggling a lot of stuff now. I’d say it was positive to, at least, address it on issue #2 already.

Well he ususally uses a metal armor he modifies it with his powers, so he doesn´t always change uniform, he just changes the color of his armor so he would not need to go and change to his house.
    If it’s used as the excuse to put the characterisations back on track, I’m taking it.

We probably are seeing the incomplete sequence because the solicits say the Avengers are there for Wanda´s funeral so their fight must happen at the middle or at the end of the story.
    I think by the time Xavier talks to/invites them, he’s not aware that Krakoa is digesting Wanda yet…

Agreed Claremont was often criticized for being wordy but I think sometimes you have to write this way for the fights to make sense and the artists need the description of the fight to be able to properly represent it, when this happens it can be quite good storytelling.
    While I agree that sometimes it could be a bit too much, I prefer that than having too little.

I quite liked their version of Hank, yer, him not being the Ant Man for his movie was not good but comics have mistreated them so much and for such a long time that I was just happy to see him get his dignity back and we can always see him younger in other missions. He´s not at all a pasive character in those movies.
    He isn’t. But since it’s not the 616 universe, they should have used the opportunity to write a wonderful Hank who is Ant-Man and who doesn’t have the baggage that they don’t seem willing to drop.

But I’m admittedly biased towards the scientist characters, so don’t mind me… :)

Would have been nice to add Firestar into the mix seeing as she's both and avenger and an xman.

Or even add Vance Astovik who is a mutant avenger but not on island.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Would have been nice to add Firestar into the mix seeing as she's both and avenger and an xman.

Or even add Vance Astovik who is a mutant avenger but not on island.
    Totally agree
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Wanda would be better as ambassador between both sides. It would be the ultimate in healing, rehabilitation, and forgiveness.
    There is no room for forgiveness for Wanda. No way.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    AvX made the Avengers the cops to the mutants minority metaphor. Uncanny Avengers only cemented that, however inadvertently, and not much has been done to mitigate that dynamic since.
    And now they are on an island isolated and say peace will never happen.That metaphor is dead, bury it.
    And even in early days, Mutants aren't metaphors because they are much more dangerous and powerful than any real world people.
    Magneto got Genosha by threatning world government with destruction, who can do that.
    Mutant power manifestation leads to death and destruction, many times when mutants use powers they mess up because they are civilians and not X-men.
    The entire point is minorities are the same as us, divides are pointless.Mutants threaten humanities extinction(not just directly via bad guys, I mean biologically as a species).
    And Avengers interfered because X-men had compromised ideals when dealing w/ phoenix.I've already made posts as to why they were right and if they didn't Scott would fail anyway(stuff w/ training and Chaos magic which is a sh*tty retcon but can't be ignored since it's vital to the story)