Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    After TOM #1 it looks like to me that Wanda is killing herself. There is much guilt there as in SWORD #6. I think she may have got someone Wanda most regrets killing, to help her repent, let’s say. Wanda certainly thinks she deserves her death.

The other thing that needs to be addressed is Wanda doesn’t think she’s dead. I hope this elaborates what it is Wanda is. Dr Strange doesn’t think what Wanda does is magic, because she hasn’t earned it with spells and deals with the devil. What Wanda does has to be explained sometime. If she is human and doesn’t have mutant powers, then how did Pietro and Wanda get those powers , and who then comes into the picture when those powers seem to be cut off?
    It's just Stephen being a dumbass under Bendis, he has contradicted himself multiple times during Bendis's Avengers run surrounding if Wanda actually do magic or not.(Also even the part about "Wanda didn't earn it" is false, she had witchcraft training with Agatha, so even if Stephen doesn't count "inherent magic" like Chaos Magic, which is also dumb anyway, next he will call Thor's natural abilities not mystical/magic in nature because he didn't "earn it" through spells and shit.)
    The final say is probably Dan Slott's explanation in his Mighty Avengers with his Chthon/Quicksilver arc, where Stephen's behavior can explained as "weaken Chthon's presence on our world by denying the existence of him and anything associated with him, which includes Wanda's Chaos Magic."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Her solo said her magic was a legacy thing
    I know it might be confusing, but her solo's witch heritage is more specifically a part of her Witchcraft related abilities, meaning she has the talent/potential to learn Witchcraft well from her mother and then she is taught by Agatha. While Chaos Magic lore is mostly intact by being a different power branch of hers.
    Actually the legacy thing is similar to the original "Chthonic blessing" in 1979 Nights of Wundagore, which is explained as a generic "magic potential", but with the introduction of Chaos Magic in 1998 by the Busiek Avengers run, "Chthonic blessing" is then specifically the ability to wield Chaos Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    wasnt janet wearing a new red costume in that agents of wakanda book?
    It was basically just a pallet swap, and was maybe missing the skirt of her yellow costume? Or that might've been art inconsistency.

I always assumed they based it off her Earth's Mightiest Heroes design.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I don’t want this shit to turn intinWanda having a seat in the Council and then everything reverting to type of only telling stories about some popular asshat and her fears of mental instability. Hierarchy ruins the Krakoa project and fandom is gay for it. Like pay big money gay for it. Like, capitalism is justified in this imagining of a world beyond scarcity in resource.

Other than that- I’m glad Jean is keeping her costume and this era has given us the first Cyclops that I fully understand and I love it. The way they portray him as a simple man having grown up Mutant, raised in a somewhat insular mutant country, with a Mutant household- you can see the colloquial affects of his personality and its superb. Finally, cyclops has his heaven and the Tennessee Williams Scott Summers that can breathe easier because his people are safe reads as an endearing Third Cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I don’t want this shit to turn intinWanda having a seat in the Council and then everything reverting to type of only telling stories about some popular asshat and her fears of mental instability. Hierarchy ruins the Krakoa project and fandom is gay for it. Like pay big money gay for it. Like, capitalism is justified in this imagining of a world beyond scarcity in resource.

Other than that- I’m glad Jean is keeping her costume and this era has given us the first Cyclops that I fully understand and I love it. The way they portray him as a simple man having grown up Mutant, raised in a somewhat insular mutant country, with a Mutant household- you can see the colloquial affects of his personality and its superb. Finally, cyclops has his heaven and the Tennessee Williams Scott Summers that can breathe easier because his people are safe reads as an endearing Third Cousin.
    Krakoa already has a hierarchy so what are you getting at?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Krakoa already has a hierarchy so what are you getting at?
    Well, that doesn't disprove the point

I was very surprised that Rogue didn't feature in the first issue, for an character who became very close to Wanda in the Uncanny Avengers series and is part of the new X-Men team, looking back at last issue I find it very odd.
    Hopefully Rogue will feature in upcoming issues.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I was very surprised that Rogue didn't feature in the first issue, for an character who became very close to Wanda in the Uncanny Avengers series and is part of the new X-Men team, looking back at last issue I find it very odd.
    Hopefully Rogue will feature in upcoming issues.
    They made amends and hugged. But they aren't best friends or anything.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yes but she is closer to Wanda than virtually and other mutant, Uncanny Avengers from Vol 1 to Vol 3 virtually broke down Rogues' dislike of Wanda.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

Yes but she is closer to Wanda than virtually and other mutant, Uncanny Avengers from Vol 1 to Vol 3 virtually broke down Rogues' dislike of Wanda.
    Which was always weird, because Rogue wasn’t antagonistic towards Wanda before Remender.

E6F6DEF2-4D23-441D-8599-7F86873E78F3.jpg

Beaten up by Wasp...sad, so sad. Especially since he is innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Rogue and Wanda after they made the passes got along pretty well.
    I do think they are friends.

In fact in all that damn island the only mutants who could care about Wanda's death, besides her family, are Rogue Woverine and Beast, they are the only ones who would intercede for her, and I think Kurt and Kitty are the only ones who voted for favor to revive Wanda on the council, the others ( Except Magneto ) in that room were total disgusting.

Except for Mystique who is the only one who has personal reasons for not wanting to revive Wanda, just for poetic justice.

I wish (and hope) these two teams come together during the Trial of Magneto fJaB6gWoKBjnj5XnWnFGcL-1280-80.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Beaten up by Wasp...sad, so sad. Especially since he is innocent.
    Clearly Ms. Williams has something against Magneto.

First Quickailver and now Wasp. He's gonna be getting punched out by another reject soon enough. My bet's on Toad.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!