Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Not long now for Trial of Magneto #2
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Not long now for Trial of Magneto #2
    I would pay thousand of dollars for a sneak peak at the full #5 issue
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I would pay thousand of dollars for a sneak peak at the full #5 issue
    In the final issue, Magneto is mortally wounded. The X-Men say “no problem. Let’s enact the resurrection protocols.” But the don’t work! Why not? As it turns out, Magneto is no mutant. Whatever it is about Wanda ad Pietro that makes Cerebro THINK they are mutants en though they are is true of their father as well. The book ends in much sadness.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

“There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

It's weird how hard the story is leaning on the characters being suspicious of Magneto, even though we have been given literally no reason to believe he would have committed the murder, even without that scene in S.W.O.R.D.

Based on what we've seen in the comics, we'd suspect Exodus or one of the kids he's indoctrinated, but so would the characters. The only motive Magneto would have is if he wanted to resurrect Wanda... which doesn't even make sense, since based on what he and the characters know, resurrection wouldn't actually make her a mutant again. And anyway no one brought up that motive.

I know I'm taking the murder-mystery aspect of it too seriously, but someone should point out what an unlikely suspect he is.
    Last edited by gurkle; 09-09-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    You know there are a few different ways to take Erik immediately recognizing Charles in his mind .

I feel like Hope is being a little pedantic here.

Urgh, Hope saying this is torture, as if X-men didn't do this all the time since the beggining. Leah incorporating the character to talk about "important matters" and also to make Xavier look bad. Pff.

The rest sounds good, though. I hope they improve on this accusation of Magneto, last issue he felt out of character. The art is fabulous, Werneck is terrific.

His character last issue didn’t seem out of place. Magneto does lash out when he doesn’t get what he wants. He has calmed during the years, but old tempers flair

I still don't understand why those mutants are looking so pissy with the Avengers. Also Mags is a Gilf
    Last edited by Journey; 09-09-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still don't understand why those mutants are looking so pissy with the Avengers.
    Well, I guess they probably see the Avengers as cogs in the system of oppression or heroes who have never done anything for them as well as people who cared and defended "The Pretender" in-spite of everything (which is how some fans see it).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess they probably see the Avengers as cogs in the system of oppression or heroes who have never done anything for them as well as people who cared and defended "The Pretender" in-spite of everything (which is how some fans see it).
    Basically, Cyclops has said this directly at the beginning of AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Basically, Cyclops has said this directly at the beginning of AvX.
    Yeah, although I think even Scott as a general rule respects The Avengers (including Cap).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish this type of stuff was developed more, like ok I guess I could understand why they would be upset the Avengers showed up this whole incident could start a war, but like Pietro is allowed to go get drinks at the tavern unbothered, Tommy has his own room like I feel if they gonna be pissy with anyone it should be those 2, but I mean IDK i guess glaring at the people who save the earth as a whole daily is just a lil weird to me but I just hope everyone keeps that same energy, like why they stop the party? Keep being bold if you ain't scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I wish this type of stuff was developed more, like ok I guess I could understand why they would be upset the Avengers showed up this whole incident could start a war, but like Pietro is allowed to go get drinks at the tavern unbothered, Tommy has his own room like I feel if they gonna be pissy with anyone it should be those 2, but I mean IDK i guess glaring at the people who save the earth as a whole daily is just a lil weird to me but I just hope everyone keeps that same energy, like why they stop the party? Keep being bold if you ain't scared.
    The only one they where scared of is dead(for now). So I see this as a waiting to get jumped moment for the Avengers. Though that’s just unnecessary drama that I hope doesn’t happen.

The only one they where scared of is dead(for now). So I see this as a waiting to get jumped moment for the Avengers. Though that’s just unnecessary drama that I hope doesn’t happen.
    I live for unnecessary drama so I hope it does! They need to keep that energy the whole island was turning up don't stop now I live for mess.