Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt know, the last time the Avengers went to X-men territory they started a war and wanted to kidnap Hope. So while I think they recognize their good reputation this doesnīt mean they would not be wary of them now, given past experiences and the X-men includding the Academy X kids have done their share of saving the world as well.

I agree that so far this is not mental torture, at least not in the way itīs usually despicted on X-books but I think this may be a call back to that time Jean didnīt want to help Charles get into magnetoīs mind during fatal attractions, that time they used his memories of losing his family twice in a way that was clearly torture, here it looks more like they expect him to confess because he feels safe but that would not be enough to force a confession out of him, mostly because there is no reason to believe it would be true so I guess this is what Hope itīs protesting.

I like this preview, still mad a how forced last fight went but it looks interesting, that other preview pages we saw of magneto in his classic costume fighting the avengers could be just another scenario Charles is playing to get him angry so he confesses but whatīs interesting is that so far no one has put a doubt about him being guilty and in a mystery story thereīs at least one person who doubts it. hope itīs Magik, she would recognize the properties of the wundagore everblom and would wonder itīs significance and itīs close enough to Magneto to try to hear out his side of the story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-09-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Though the mutants have drawn themselves into a corner. They have made Wanda into mutantkinds greatest evil as such the people would see whomever killed her as a hero. Most likely they would be mad someone would be punished for killing someone they believe to have, by cognizant intent, caused the near extinction of mutants. Though if they don’t they risk further angering close friends and allies. As well as the few who knew what happened on that day if no one gets punished for the murder
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

The Quiet Council will punish Magneto or whoever killed Wanda because sheīs a human and humans must not be killed, they would be shooting themselves on the foot if they didnīt follow their own rule because itīs essential to their relationship with the rest of the nations and also the Avengers and other supergroups, sure some mutants, especially the younger ones would probably be mad but they would not oppose the council. This era hardly has shown any kind of disagremment between the council and Krakoa citizens and I donīt think this will be an exception, in fact this looks more like the X-men agree it was magneto and are just looking to reunite the evidence.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Hmm Mags also has hella clout amongst the younger mutants/citizens of Krakoa I guess I could see them feeling sometype of way about their Mutant Moses being forced to take the fall, & the Avengers coming to deliver justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The Quiet Council will punish Magneto or whoever killed Wanda because sheīs a human and humans must not be killed, they would be shooting themselves on the foot if they didnīt follow their own rule because itīs essential to their relationship with the rest of the nations and also the Avengers and other supergroups, sure some mutants, especially the younger ones would probably be mad but they would not oppose the council. This era hardly has shown any kind of disagremment between the council and Krakoa citizens and I donīt think this will be an exception, in fact this looks more like the X-men agree it was magneto and are just looking to reunite the evidence.
    Though this creates a martyr with the potential of causing many to openly question the council. Especially if Magneto is the number one suspect. Having your folk hero imprisoned due to killing a “great evil” causes a lot of friction and open defiance, though this is just a theory.

Yes I guess this is what the solicit means with Krakoa and the Quiet Council being driven to the limit if this situation creates unstability on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Though this creates a martyr with the potential of causing many to openly question the council. Especially if Magneto is the number one suspect. Having your folk hero imprisoned due to killing a “great evil” causes a lot of friction and open defiance, though this is just a theory.
    I am not so sure, Magneto is a folkhero for younger mutants, mostly children but the younger generation of X-men seem him as sometimes adversary, sometimes ally and some kind of like him but donīt see him as a folk hero, I think for enough unstability to be developed it would need to come from someone older and with more personal clout on Krakoa and Wanda is not seen as evil in an uniform way or at least on the X-groups side who see him more like dangerous than evil, because they know a little more about what happened on HoM with maybe the exception of Academy X kids who got the biggest impact from decimation.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-09-2021 at 07:40 PM.

Yes I guess this is what the solicit means with Krakoa and the Quiet Council being driven to the limit if this situation creates unstability on Krakoa.

I am not so sure, Magneto is a folkhero for younger mutants, mostly children but the younger generation of X-men seem him as sometimes adversary, sometimes ally and some kind of like him but donīt see him as a folk hero, I think for enough unstability to be developed it would need to come from someone older and with more personal clout on Krakoa and Wanda is not seen as evil in an uniform way or at least on the X-groups side, because they know a little more about what happened on HoM.
    Though don’t forget older mutants who hold a grudge and go along with the pretender title. I mean Callisto called Wanda that. There is no telling how many more who would be angry to see they’re nations “Founder and Defender” be imprisoned for killing a human that took so much from them. Something like this could cause a great crack in the society they have built

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Though don’t forget older mutants who hold a grudge and go along with the pretender title. I mean Callisto called Wanda that. There is no telling how many more who would be angry to see they’re nations “Founder and Defender” be imprisoned for killing a human that took so much from them. Something like this could cause a great crack in the society they have built
    I agree it could cause a crack, how big it depends of the person imo, in Callisto case, she is a very practical person who has been an ally of Magneto when they lived on Genosha but also knows how dangerous he really can be so I could see her disliking the decision but in the end agreed to it for Krakoaīs stability. That said, she probably would have doubts about his culpability because she was right there during all those months in which Magneto took care of Wanda, to the point he put on hold his project of reviving Genosha so it would be weird for her to see him as guilty and I could see her having doubts about that, just like Hope.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-09-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hmm Mags also has hella clout amongst the younger mutants/citizens of Krakoa I guess I could see them feeling sometype of way about their Mutant Moses being forced to take the fall, & the Avengers coming to deliver justice.
    I don't think that the Avengers have gone there looking for a confrontation otherwise they would have taken their main (most lethal) roster to Krakoa including Thor, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, She Hulk, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Blade and Echo (Phoenix). The Avengers featured Captain America, Iron Man, Vision and Wasp are just those closest to Wanda.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 09-09-2021 at 11:12 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I am not so sure, Magneto is a folkhero for younger mutants, mostly children but the younger generation of X-men seem him as sometimes adversary, sometimes ally and some kind of like him but donīt see him as a folk hero, I think for enough unstability to be developed it would need to come from someone older and with more personal clout on Krakoa and Wanda is not seen as evil in an uniform way or at least on the X-groups side who see him more like dangerous than evil, because they know a little more about what happened on HoM with maybe the exception of Academy X kids who got the biggest impact from decimation.
    X-men #11 put it very clearly that Magneto is the hero of Krakoa to the masses. In Way of X some of the Academy X kids use Wanda's name as a slur. There is no way that killing Wanda and then punishing her killer wouldn't have blow out across all of Krakoa.

Especially if they think the Avengers were pressuring the mutants. Those mutant looking at the Avengers landing is not a welcoming sight. Cause the first question that will pop up is ok how did you Avengers punish Wanda for nearly wiping us out? Was she in a prison this whole time? I think not so back off. Mutants who would punish their own just to appease them that's not a good look.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Yes, there are only 3 telepaths on that island. If 2 are busy with diplomacy, we need Hope. :P

Thanks for sharing, juan678. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 09-10-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Yes, there are only 3 telepaths on that island. If 2 are busy with diplomacy, we need Hope. :P

Thanks for sharing, juan678.
    maybe it's Charles' manipulative way to regain some control over the fabulous Five by spending some quality time with their leader Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    maybe it's Charles' manipulative way to regain some control over the fabulous Five by spending some quality time with their leader Hope.
    Or he feels more confident in his ability to wipe Hope's mind of any confidential information that may come to light, such as his and Erik's involvement with Moira.