Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    I see your point. For me, I am big on folks owning what they are, what they do, and what their intent on a particular action was. In the case of the critics of Wanda, they may have valid points regarding the depth of harm she has caused, but when I notice good, genuine and heroic acts by Wanda being downplayed, minimized or selectively ignored, that suggests to me that the critic may not be fully objective when it comes to Wanda. Recognizing that, I then recognize that I am attempting a discussion with a person who neither does not have all the facts, or doesn't want to know all the facts. Which would be their right not to, but I also have the right not to participate or fully engage with a poster that is not interested in positive AND negative facts. I then need my energy and opinions to be applied to a greater and more constructive good, not a one-sided conversation. Case in point, my earlier post of Wanda (page 24) sacrificing herself to save Rogue from being stabbed in Uncanny Avengers # 1. There is no acknowledgement of the heroics of that act by Wanda. Particularly an act with someone she was at the time, having serious beef with (Rogue). All I hear regarding that is "crickets." That tells me enough of what I need to know. It may not be all, but for me, it is enough.
    Agree. Some fans demonize her that much that it becomes... concerning to say the least.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    What years? They have almost not interacted since Genosha. We hardly nerd to add things that didnt happen, their past Is bad enough as It Is AND I already said why maga pretty much keeps himself away.
    Pietro…well he has a hard time getting over his dad killing him in House of M.

What do you guys think? Should Magneto and Quicksilver make up or should they always be at each other’s throats? Is it even possible for them to get along? I feel that so far, Pietro has tried a couple of times to meet his dad halfway, but Magneto’s never reciprocated. To my recollection, Magneto’s always been the type of dad to say “You must obey me unconditionally. Anything less is treason”

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    The dynamics of their ( abusive) relationship just misses the mark for me. It strikes me as too unbelievable that Pietro would keep striving for his father’s approval after years of such treatment. Magneto smushing his son with a giant piece of steel .
    Tbf I don't think he is seeking Magneto's approval at all. In the recent years the only approval he was seeking was from his daughter Luna, he wanted to be someone Luna would be proud of. And he also wanted to help Lorna when they were in Serval's X-Factor, not for the sake of anyone's approval but for his own desire, she was important to him. He and Magneto mantained a distant and cold relationship. At least from my point of view, he is not seeking Mags approval.

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    Exactly this. The full fledged discussion of the parallels between Wanda, Scott and Jean when it comes to the dark events they are most known for is a conversation Marvel should have had, and addressed publicly a long time ago.
    It won't be adressed because Wanda's Life Force degenrecy and the Summers/Grey Dark Phoenix episodes are two different things caused by completely different sets of events. It'd be grasping at straws at best.

The Phoenix force isn't the Life Force. It's not magic to be played with and it does what it wants. Jean didn't choose to work with a known liar and madman to host the power of the Phoenix and neither did Scott.

I don't even dislike Wanda, but I'm not gonna pretend like their situations are the same.

It's like looking at a blue Toyota and a blue Porsche while thinking they're the same because they're both blue.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 09-11-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

baumblume

i really didnt expect pietro out of all people to beat erik’s ass but honestly ,, its what he deserves !

My Trial of Magneto theory as of right now is:

I think Wanda did it. No, genuinely. I think Wanda killed Wanda. Either literally herself, or some kind of magical projection of herself.

I think there were somehow two Wandas that night, which accounts for that scene of Magneto and Wanda meeting up AFTER she was already dead by the timestamps.

Astonishing Member

I would say his gender has generally been a big sticking point in Pietro’s relationship with Erik

Erik will hold Wanda and Lorna up against Anya and what he thinks she’d have been like until the Ninth Cosmos; but with Pietro he only has himself and maybe Charles (because ego) as a measuring stick, which is not encouraging at all (Erik’s not as introspective as he credits himself)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I would say his gender has generally been a big sticking point in PietroÂ’s relationship with Erik

Erik will hold Wanda and Lorna up against Anya and what he thinks sheÂ’d have been like until the Ninth Cosmos; but with Pietro he only has himself and maybe Charles (because ego) as a measuring stick, which is not encouraging at all (ErikÂ’s not as introspective as he credits himself)
    I think he compares himself t His father More than anyone else AND hes been a mentor to other males like Sam or Roberto or Warlock or Scott, Hank AND Bobby, hes not as close minded as ppl believe. Imp he thinks he and the twins relationship Is lost so he doenst try anymore.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-11-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I would say his gender has generally been a big sticking point in Pietro’s relationship with Erik

Erik will hold Wanda and Lorna up against Anya and what he thinks she’d have been like until the Ninth Cosmos; but with Pietro he only has himself and maybe Charles (because ego) as a measuring stick, which is not encouraging at all (Erik’s not as introspective as he credits himself)
    For Mags he tends looks upon Pietro and tends to see the ugly ill tempered side of himself that he is not proud of.

For Lorna he looks upon her and usually sees the aspects he likes about himself and is proud of.

For Wanda he looks upon her and sees Anya.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    For Mags he tends looks upon Pietro and tends to see the ugly ill tempered side of himself that he is not proud of.

For Lorna he looks upon her and usually sees the aspects he likes about himself and is proud of.

I Guess Is It out for interpretation but in comics magneto only has talked about Exodus as him projecting himself on him because he blames himself for His zealotry AND to Scott when he wanted to warn him about going un the wrong way. He mostly sees himself as a cautionary tale.

While hes quite ok with Pietro staying an Avenger.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-11-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

i really didnt expect pietro out of all people to beat erik’s ass but honestly ,, its what he deserves !

My Trial of Magneto theory as of right now is:

I think Wanda did it. No, genuinely. I think Wanda killed Wanda. Either literally herself, or some kind of magical projection of herself.

I think there were somehow two Wandas that night, which accounts for that scene of Magneto and Wanda meeting up AFTER she was already dead by the timestamps.
    A blood sacrifice as part of a spell to ‘ring a bigger bell’?

While I wouldn’t rule it out, those sort of sacrifices usually have to not be clawing at their throat so hard they tear up their hands

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Well Pietro Don't kill his kids.
    The painful truth is he don't give a **** for Pietro. Magneto is frequently depicted as being physically abusive to his sonMagneto more than deserved every blow that his children specifically landed on him, and somewhere deep within his comatose mind, he knows that, and it torments him.

baumblume

It’s interesting that, of all the families shown in that panel on the feature image, it’s Logan’s that’s actually the most stable and least dysfunctional.

Well Pietro Don't kill his kids.
    The painful truth is he don't give a **** for Pietro. Magneto is frequently depicted as being physically abusive to his sonMagneto more than deserved every blow that his children specifically landed on him, and somewhere deep within his comatose mind, he knows that, and it torments him.
    I don't think Pietro even remembers Luna is alive half the time. He so pressed about his sister who apparently not even dead when his daughters people were damn near annihilated last I checked.

baumblume

Erik abused his children before and after he knew they were theirs, that’s canon and I will knowledge said canon because this fandom just keeps ignoring, justifying and even making fun of it.

I’ve been a Magneto fan over decades and it’s kinda overwhelming and tiresome to see this kind of hot takes from the fandom to try justify/woobify Magneto’s abusive tendency/behaviors… it’s not funny nor cute nor “oh he didn’t know, who cares?”

Abusing, threatening, exploiting, and gas-lighting teenage homeless orphans wouldn’t/shouldn’t be justified just because they are not your kids. I love him as a fictional character with those negative elements.

baumblume

No father’s day celebration for Magneto unless it was a joke or a sarcasm, you are a terrible **** tier father to all of three your living children and you still didn’t make it up to them. Maybe only Age of Apocalypse Mags could get a pass.