Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Nah...FALSE!!! Pietro manipulated so many people in order to keep Drama Qeen Wanda safe, in House of m,You see his mission since they were young was to protect Wanda. As far as he is concerned he doesn’t matter as much as her. He was raised to always look after her and sees her as a better person. He admires Wanda for her strength. He loves her, and they are a family, the only family they had for a long time. Sometimes Pietro doesn’t think his actions through. He is a jump first, look second guy, so he will do or say something hurtful.In fact it was Pietro who first voiced his desire to join the Avengers in what would be caps kooky quartet.
    If Wanda is the Pretender, Quicksilver is the Enabler.

If I had been voting on her resurrection, I would have said "no" due to the fact that no matter what her intentions, if she were to lose control again, more people could die. How many lives are worth one unstable woman's happiness?
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post

If I had been voting on her resurrection, I would have said "no" due to the fact that no matter what her intentions, if she were to lose control again, more people could die. How many lives are worth one unstable woman's happiness?
    Depends on how much that unstable woman means to you. That's the beauty of x-comics. There is nothing more human than how the x-comics are written. none of us know how many people the people we love have hurt, and unlike us who are reading comics most of us will never know but i doubt everyone would give up on someone they love just because it hurts people, only the strongest amongst us have that fortitude.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post

I feel a lot of people's roles in M-Day gets forgotten like the whole thing was such a domino effect, like Wanda was the Bullet, Pietro was the gun & Billy & Tommy were the trigger, yet the whole thing gets blamed entirely on Wanda like if she's so hated I don't understand why that energy isn't like for the whole family, I mean obviously Billy & Tommy are innocent it's not their fault M-Day just so happens to be what led to their ressurection. And people say Pietro payed his dues & irrelevancy is punishment enough but I personally feel both twins should be hated in universe equally & that's just not the case for some reason. Like Pietro is probably still at the tavern in his feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    There shouldn’t be any barrier between Wanda and mutants cause the same ain’t being shown to Jean when the Phoenix had her conscious and annihilated an entire planet. Yeah the Shi’ar killed her family and anyone related to her. Jean also died and the Shi’ar where very distrustful of her, but now they see her as a hero and not currently treating her as a devil.
    Shi'ar =/= Mutants

You can't compare an expansionist galactic empire that has conquered countless worlds and people to a group of people that have been hunted their whole lives and nearly faced extinction to react the exact same way.

I mean you even brought up the difference yourself. You don't see the mutants calling for the death of all of Wanda's family.

War and conquest is built into the culture of Shi'ar while survival and fear has been mutants

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel a lot of people's roles in M-Day gets forgotten like the whole thing was such a domino effect, like Wanda was the Bullet, Pietro was the gun & Billy & Tommy were the trigger, yet the whole thing gets blamed entirely on Wanda like if she's so hated I don't understand why that energy isn't like for the whole family, I mean obviously Billy & Tommy are innocent it's not their fault M-Day just so happens to be what led to their ressurection. And people say Pietro payed his dues & irrelevancy is punishment enough but I personally feel both twins should be hated in universe equally & that's just not the case for some reason. Like Pietro is probably still at the tavern in his feelings.
    Pietro was held held equally responsible for a long time, if not more so than Wanda. After all, Wanda went into limbo after HoM, and could neither perjure or defend herself; while Pietro was still appearing in books even as a villain. The theme of Pietro being a villain in all but name was a present theme for him from Son of M until All New X-Factor. However, just as consistent was his desire to protect Wanda and then later to make up for the fall out of No More Mutants.

The perception in blame only swung towards Wanda when she was sprung from limbo, starting with her being on Remender’s Uncanny Avengers. Wanda being used as a mouthpiece for his cold take on sociopolitical theory, and being unrepentant towards Rogue, turned a lot of people against her. Questioning why more mutants needed to be born, and backing Havok’s Call Me Alex speech, gave readers an active reason to dislike her

If I had to find an in-story reason for this, I would theorize that mutants of Krakoa may see Pietro and his previous service with mutant teams and positive relationships with them prior to the events of House of M as a mitigating factor in their judgement of him. It didn’t hurt that he confessed and apologized for this when confronted by victims of his actions, which was broadcasted publicly. I guess he rolled a natural 20 on his persuasion roll.

This contrasts with Wanda’s Avengers only history, which may prejudice her to Krakoan eyes who are at an all time high in patriotic fervor. If Rogue ever divulged what Wanda said about mutants, I could see where that would also infuriate mutants in-story as well. Lastly, they don’t know her as we the readers or even her loved ones do, but they are all too aware of how her hex affected them. If Leah succeeds in her mission to use Trial of Magneto as an empathy engine for Wanda, that perception of her may begin to change.

Pietro was responsible for HoM, a world where his sister was free and mutants weren’t persecuted. He didn’t tell Wanda to wipe out the mutant race.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-11-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    …Jean should be executed right?
    and unlike Wanda (who, even though she was insane, did not intend to murder)…jean committed a complete genocide.
    First of all, it was a clone of Jean fashioned by the Phoenix Force and bonded with a duplicate of Jean’s essence, both of which were subjected to a violation that could be considered not just a psychic drugging but also a psychic rape. A psychic drugging and rape, mind you, that resulted in physical perpetrations. EDIT: I noted this because what Jason Wyngarde, with the aid of Emma Frost, did resulted in the Jean clone’s emotional breakdown and conversion into the Dark Phoenix.

Secondly, the Jean clone did not intend to commit genocide - she certainly didn’t say, “No more D’bari” - but was only interested in consuming a star, which, after she did, went supernova and destroyed the D’bari planet, unbeknownst to her.

Thirdly, as a result of the actions of this clone, which Jean’s duplicated essence literally fought to death, Jean’s entire family was murdered - something she has to live with to this day.

I really wish people would stop dragging Jean into discussions regarding Wanda’s actions, especially to rake Jean over the coals for something she did not do and still paid handily for, including by having to fight for decades with the Phoenix Force itself to leave her alone.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-11-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    What are you talking about I replied and said what I'm about to say again. It....doesn't...matter. The people that Wanda hurt are not going to look at Wanda saving Rogue and go "oh I guess were cool now M Day is forgotten".

M Day is too important and impactful on mutants. IMO Wanda should be hated by mutants or have a serious distrust of her always just like Magneto is disliked and distrusted by humans everywhere for his actions against them.

Not treated just like every other hero because every other hero didn't nearly make the mutants extinct. No amount of I was crazy so were cool is going to work. Wanda is and was free to do what ever she wanted writers just didn't want to use her but when it comes to mutants there needs to be that barrier to respect the impact of M Day.
    You are replying to my original reply to Sylarmax. I have consistently shown respect for the impact of M Day in my posts, even though you may believe differently. I fail to see anything in my posts that takes anything away from the magnitude of Wanda's actions in regards to M Day. I cannot forget M Day any more or less than an X-Men fan is, to which I am also a fan of the X-Men since issue # 1.

baumblume

No,

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Pietro was responsible for HoM, a world where his sister was free and mutants weren’t persecuted. He didn’t tell Wanda to wipe out the mutant race.
    Thank you

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I can see you are very passionate about Quicksilver and the negative depiction that haunts him. So much so I couldn’t possibly answer each of the other posts you made for the last several pages about it. While it is unfortunate that certain writers have used Pietro as a heel in their stories, I can’t say I agree Wanda and Lorna are intent on making him miserable. Outside of Englehart, Robinson, and Zub, Pietro and Wanda are typically portrayed as being supportive and caring of each other.
    Attachment 113685

Lorna and Pietro have generally been depicted as having a best friends dynamic, having served on X-Factor and on Genosha in Magneto’s cabinet. A dynamic that developed years before it was revealed they were related. This made them fiercely loyal to each other. The bullying big brother aspect Hopeless and Bunn gave Pietro in Secret Wars: House of M was a wild departure from that, and clearly meant to be part of the villainization of his character. Only a short while before, Pietro was ready to leave the Avengers (and even Wanda!) behind to support Lorna on X-Factor.

Attachment 113680

Wanda and Lorna aren’t to blame for certain writer’s treatment of Pietro, or stans bashing him. They’re fictional characters after all, and have been prey to similar character assassination stories to make other, more respected characters look good. It’s something they have in common, and should make their fans more sympathetic with each other. Being toxic to each other in fandom spaces only plays into Marvel’s less than ethical business practice of making money off fan rage and derail threads like this.
    Why does Magneto dislike Pietro? Because Pietro calls him out on his bullshit.
    I wonder if the whole point of the Trial of Magneto is to re-mutant Wanda & Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    There shouldn’t be any barrier between Wanda and mutants cause the same ain’t being shown to Jean when the Phoenix had her conscious and annihilated an entire planet. Yeah the Shi’ar killed her family and anyone related to her. Jean also died and the Shi’ar where very distrustful of her, but now they see her as a hero and not currently treating her as a devil.
    Touche👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

baumblume

He convinced Wanda to change reality because he was afraid the heroes were coming to kill her. He didn't make her say "No more mutants," or cause her to have a breakdown and attack the Avengers in the first place.

baumblume

I feel Pietro is often defined as being Wanda’s Twin but the same isn’t true for Wanda. Like most of his character has been used in some way to further Wanda’s character development when they are together. So at that point Pietro becomes a plot device. The Scarlet Witch solo definitely didn’t do Pietro’s character any favors and it proves that.For Pietro, being connected to Wanda didn't do anything for him at all.
    Last edited by baumblume; 09-11-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Wanda is bad for doing something, that she did not even intend to murder anyone ... that it was not her fault because she was crazy and possessed.

But the genocide or murder of Xavier is fine.
    and she can be forgotten by Poseidon.

Or how storm stabs and takes out the heart of a Morlock Girl .... sorry but marrow was still a teenager and the old Storm tried to murder a Girl, all good a lot of hypocrisy regarding Wanda.