Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    baumblume

. So Pietro will presumably also die in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Wanda is bad for doing something, that she did not even intend to murder anyone ... that it was not her fault because she was crazy and possessed.

But the genocide or murder of Xavier is fine.
    and she can be forgotten by Poseidon.

Or how storm stabs and takes out the heart of a Morlock Girl .... sorry but marrow was still a teenager and the old Storm tried to murder a Girl, all good a lot of hypocrisy regarding Wanda.
    You can keep posting that Wanda was crazy and such until you are blue in the face that point has been destroyed countless times now in multiple threads.

and bringing up Storm killing Marrow is such a weak comparison compared to M Day I mean come on now

Krakoa is a second chance for mutants which Wanda is not. Even if she was she would still most likely be treated the same way the Fenris Twins are treated times 1000

Wanda brought the mutants the closest to extinction, a whole generation of mutants thought they were going to be the last mutants ever. I don't get what is so hard about understanding that mutants should hate the woman who did that and is still insanely powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    You can keep posting that Wanda was crazy and such until you are blue in the face that point has been destroyed countless times now in multiple threads.

and bringing up Storm killing Marrow is such a weak comparison compared to M Day I mean come on now

Krakoa is a second chance for mutants which Wanda is not. Even if she was she would still most likely be treated the same way the Fenris Twins are treated times 1000

Wanda brought the mutants the closest to extinction, a whole generation of mutants thought they were going to be the last mutants ever. I don't get what is so hard about understanding that mutants should hate the woman who did that and is still insanely powerful.
    hahahaha weak for Wanda's Anti, but it is the truth she was possessed and her intention was not to kill anyone.

Instead they have overrated characters like the old storm menopausal who, being in full use of her mental faculties, tried to murder a girl, bravo they took the double standard to the next level.
    LOL

hahahaha weak for Wanda's Anti, but it is the truth she was possessed and her intention was not to kill anyone.

Instead they have overrated characters like the old storm menopausal who, being in full use of her mental faculties, tried to murder a girl, bravo they took the double standard to the next level.
    LOL
    Yup you got me Storm killing a mutant is worse than bringing the entire mutant population down to less than 200 /s

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Shi'ar =/= Mutants

You can't compare an expansionist galactic empire that has conquered countless worlds and people to a group of people that have been hunted their whole lives and nearly faced extinction to react the exact same way.

I mean you even brought up the difference yourself. You don't see the mutants calling for the death of all of Wanda's family.

War and conquest is built into the culture of Shi'ar while survival and fear has been mutants
    It shouldn’t matter the position of either group when an extinction level event was happened to innocent people. The planet that Jean destroyed was a planet in Shi’ar territory that was home of a different alien race so it’s still horrible what happened to them. Mutants may not have been calling for the death of her family, but there where heroes who were quick to want to kill Billy during Children’s Crusade. The culture of mutants now seems to be about expansion now more than it is about fear. Both caused innocent lives to be lost yet everyone wants to put Wanda as the great evil when she couldn’t even completely remember what she did on M-day.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    It shouldn’t matter the position of either group when an extinction level event was happened to innocent people. The planet that Jean destroyed was a planet in Shi’ar territory that was home of a different alien race so it’s still horrible what happened to them. Mutants may not have been calling for the death of her family, but there where heroes who were quick to want to kill Billy during Children’s Crusade. The culture of mutants now seems to be about expansion now more than it is about fear. Both caused innocent lives to be lost yet everyone wants to put Wanda as the great evil when she couldn’t even completely remember what she did on M-day.
    Maybe mutants weren't calling for the death of Jean's fmily, but the Shi'ar executed them all.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Maybe mutants weren't calling for the death of Jean's fmily, but the Shi'ar executed them all.
    Sorry I should have been more specific when I said “her family” I was referring to Wanda’s kids.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    No,
    IDK what this is supposed to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    He convinced Wanda to change reality because he was afraid the heroes were coming to kill her. He didn't make her say "No more mutants," or cause her to have a breakdown and attack the Avengers in the first place.
    Yeah but his actions set **** in motion it's a butterfly effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Whose actions led to her having the life force?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Or how storm stabs and takes out the heart of a Morlock Girl .... sorry but marrow was still a teenager and the old Storm tried to murder a Girl, all good a lot of hypocrisy regarding Wanda.
    Or how Rogue drained the powers and memories of Carol Danvers and then attempted to finish her off by dumping her over the Golden Gate Bridge. She was forgiven, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    It shouldn’t matter the position of either group when an extinction level event was happened to innocent people. The planet that Jean destroyed was a planet in Shi’ar territory that was home of a different alien race so it’s still horrible what happened to them...
    And I'm going to post it again since it seems you missed it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    First of all, it was a clone of Jean fashioned by the Phoenix Force and bonded with a duplicate of Jean’s essence, both of which were subjected to a violation that could be considered not just a psychic drugging but also a psychic rape. A psychic drugging and rape, mind you, that resulted in physical perpetrations. EDIT: I noted this because what Jason Wyngarde did, with the aid of Emma Frost, resulted in the Jean clone’s emotional breakdown and conversion into the Dark Phoenix.

Secondly, the Jean clone did not intend to commit genocide - she certainly didn’t say, “No more D’bari” - but was only interested in consuming a star, which, after she did, went supernova and destroyed the D’bari planet, unbeknownst to her.

Thirdly, as a result of the actions of this clone, which Jean’s duplicated essence literally fought to the death, Jean’s entire family was murdered - something she has to live with to this day.

I really wish people would stop dragging Jean into discussions regarding Wanda’s actions, especially to rake Jean over the coals for something she did not do and still paid handily for, including by having to fight for decades with the Phoenix Force itself to leave her alone.
    __________________________________________________ ________

While I can agree with points made in both camps, i.e., by the side that supports Wanda being forgiven and the side that doesn't, I do not desire to step into this debate. However, I do want to point out that attempting to win an argument in which you are defending Wanda by blaming and dragging other characters for their past actions - out of context, mind you - seems a futile enterprise at best and a disingenuous attempt at whataboutism at worst.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Not only did she cause the “deaths” of a few Avengers, like Ant-Man and Vision, but she also got Hawkeye killed twice.. He didn't make her say "No more mutants,"

The irony I think he should let her die And even if it happened, then Wanda Stans would've screwed him over.

baumblume

Pietros Family abuses/disrepects/manipulates him.Pietro is very loyal. He has proved time and again to come through for his family .

What would I have you do? Oh, I am very close to my sister so I can understand where Pietro are coming from.

baumblume

Pietro should return to the X-men.
    Wanda AND MAGNETO doesn't care about Pietro either 99% of the time.
    He's got his heart in the right place but his family sucks,

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Or how Rogue drained the powers and memories of Carol Danvers and then attempted to finish her off by dumping her over the Golden Gate Bridge. She was forgiven, too...

And I'm going to post it again since it seems you missed it the first time.

__________________________________________________ ________

While I can agree with points made in both camps, i.e., by the side that supports Wanda being forgiven and the side that doesn't, I do not desire to step into this debate. However, I do want to point out that attempting to win an argument in which you are defending Wanda by blaming and dragging other characters for their past actions - out of context, mind you - seems a futile enterprise at best and a disingenuous attempt at whataboutism at worst.
    Some just point out that the same energy should be carried if another character does the same thing. I understand there is a biased based on favorite characters. That why personally I like these kinds of debates so I can see people’s rebuttals and appreciate their views. Like concerning Jean it may have been a cloned body but it still had her consciousness in it same with the resurrection protocols now. Otherwise she wouldn’t admitted to Hank that she felt terrible for what happened. Both Jean and Wanda have committed terrible acts due to possession by cosmic entities regardless of how said entity came into the possession of their minds. Both should be looked at as women who weren’t themselves at the time, but I know that won’t happen so I’m content with it.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 09-12-2021 at 05:06 AM.