Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Regarding Wanda and Jean: the difference is that with Jean, the people who held her as dangerous and genocidal were aliens, not eartheans. In the case of Wanda, those people are eartheans (human mutants) who live in the same world as her, so the perception when we read comics is that she is more hated, which is true because she is in Earth. Earth people were not very concerned with holding Jean acocuntable as the Shi'ar were, simply because those things didn't happened to them but to aliens. It's hypocritical? maybe yes, but not unexpected. People in general tend to have harder feelings about things that happened to them than things that happened to others, and this is the situation of Wanda. Probably aliens are not very concerned about Wanda as well. The Skrulls don't seem to have a problem with her at all, for example, as was seen in SWORD with Paibok. I'm saying this as how I see things In-Universe, since opinions in the fandom can vary between objective or subjective in the matter.

In the case of Cyclops or Storm, I don't think they can be compared to the situations of Jean and Wanda, the incidents of these two are in another level.
    This I understand and see as a fair point.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I insist, it does not seem to me that storm has defense when

1) she wasn't a villain, she was part of the "good guys" group

2) storm was not a teenager and she was far from it, she was old enough to know what is right or wrong.

3) Storm has always been a morally gray character, is quite hypocritical when she wants to give Morales speeches, when she has repeatedly tried to use lethal force, and with Marrow she was not the only person.

4) Marrow's thing seems horrible to me, storm was a middle-aged woman, and marrow was still a adolescent ( a Child), translated it was still a girl, and storm tried to murder her, that seems horrible to me.

It just annoys me that they demonize Wanda so much, when she has the excuse of being possessed and crazy, but with the things that Xmen do in full use of their mental faculties, they are very good at looking the other way, and that I have not I wanted to put the questionable things that Logan has done, because there if it wouldn't finish until tomorrow
    1) Are we gonna pretend like Marrow didn't have a bomb attached to her heart that was set to detonate? She survived anyways so why is this even being brought up?

2) Are we gonna pretend like Storm isn't the same age as the other senior X-Men... late twenties to early thirties? Also that menopausal comment earlier was NOT cool. Let's not make rude comments over natural bodily processes that women go through.

3) Regarding Wanda and not in response to you: while mutants do have a legitimate reason to dislike her, I don't see the problem if a writer wants to improve that relationship. It's been 15 years and it was a poorly written story that didn't even have her as an active participant. I think we'd all be a lot better off if we didn't hold onto so much hatred for comic book characters that are often written OOC for the sake of a never-ending story.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I'm not sure if the Academy X generation even fully trusts Magik to this day, so I doubt it would make much difference to them if they believed Wanda acted under the influence of some other power or that her intent was not malicious.

Many of these young mutants had already lost their former friends and family upon manifesting their powers, and the mutant community was the only place they had in the world. Decimation took almost everything they had left, which they were then forced to defend against those who exploited their weakness to finish what Wanda's spell started, essentially becoming child soldiers in what seemed like a hopeless war against inevitable extinction.

Krakoa being able to bring back their dead friends isn't going to erase the trauma of having watched them get butchered in front of them, nor does it undo all the violence, torture, and maiming some of them endured in the wake of Decimation. Even in this era where mutants appear to have conquered death, Rockslide's fate is a reminder how easily magic can still undo everything they have achieved. They're a generation that knows loss, so I don't think it would be out of character for them to still fear having everything taken from them again, and I can imagine some might see Wanda as a greater threat than even Nimrod and Bastion. They have no reason not to be wary of her, much less to forgive and forget.
    had to bold this for the truth

It's not like Wanda is an actual villain that goes around antagonizing mutants. It happened once. During a mental breakdown involving external forces and manipulation. Mutants can feel whatever they feel like when it comes to their trauma, but no, she's not an actual threat right now.

baumblume

FeuerValerio SchitiFeuer
    @ValerioSchiti
    · WandaPietro Magneto's the last cover for The Trial Of Magneto
    Last edited by baumblume; 09-12-2021 at 11:48 AM.

That had me confused for the longest until I figured out that’s Wanda’s back with a lot of flowie material around
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

baumblume

So Pietro and Wand are both dead

baumblume

A Person on Twitter says it is Magneto Wanda and Pietro,
    Pietro and Wanda are both dead in Trial Of Magneto 5
    Last edited by baumblume; 09-12-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    FeuerValerio SchitiFeuer
    @ValerioSchiti
    · WandaPietro Magneto's the last cover for The Trial Of Magneto
    I'm having a hard time figuring the picture xD I can see a hand and an elbow

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Bunn's conception of the characters of Lorna as the dutiful generic heroine daughter and Magneto as the morally complex dad who wants to make up for lost time with Lorna didn't really work either. You don't see either Magneto nor Polaris fans extolling the value of their team ups against Mojo, etc.

Bunn wanted to send the 05 packing which was quite reasonable, but also to replace Lorna with teen Jean's role which was not reasonable or good.
    I agree Bunn´s run was a little too generic when it concerns to Lorna´s character but I was not talking about it, I was talking about the Genosha issues by Alan Davis and the AU from HOM of 2015, I think those issues really pictured their dynamic well and Austen of course, for Lorna´s solo appareances on Genosha.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

sticking with the theory that the first pic is a room in House of M and not Charles’ treehouse
    Charles extracted that information from Erik’s mind”

baumblume

the house in Erik’s dream has a view of the sea. This is consistent with the location of House of M on the Krakoa map.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes I think that scene is supposed to be on HoM, Xavier´s room looks very different, it does look like a tree house while Magneto´s house has those touches of european arquitecture.

This is HoX

And this is HoM

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-12-2021 at 01:52 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree Bunn´s run was a little too generic when it concerns to Lorna´s character but I was not talking about it, I was talking about the Genosha issues by Alan Davis and the AU from HOM of 2015, I think those issues really pictured their dynamic well and Austen of course, for Lorna´s solo appareances on Genosha.
    Yes, Alan Davis and 2015 HoM are the best versions of their interaction. Neither were to be trifled with nor fell into the generic character department even though that HoM version could have used a few extra IQ points. They were both allowed to be complex characters with their own goals.

Now that you mention it a more brilliant, but jaded Austen type Polaris and Magneto interacting would be very interesting too and it’s something that hasn’t been done.

Oh and have we even seen Lorna in the House of M habitat as yet? I don’t think we have, their scene in HoX 5 was elsewhere.

The next major , event should be called “HypoXrisy”
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”