Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm annoyed!!! All the tease about tension with the Skree alliance, am I really not gonna get some payoff? Are they really gonna do this to me! IDC about Rodgers, Stark, & Bug Lady! Vision IDC either but I get they want WandaVision synergy, where TF is her boyfriend at lets ask that question! If it really just is these 4 I'm gonna be so disappointed!
    Not the Bug Lady! But fr I don't need to watch everyone beat Magneto's ass. This first issue had enough surprise appearances that I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy does eventually show up, I just hope they don't drag out this mystery too much (which they inevitably will).

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Yes, the "cover with the Owls" is the Vega variant I mentioned.
    At first I thought it was a very artistic cover but if the interior of the comic reflects it I guess thereīs some significance between Owls and Wandaīs coming back to life or maybe sheīs bonding with Krakoa.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Yes, the "cover with the Owls" is the Vega variant I mentioned.
    Well, Blodeuedd was the woman made from flowers as a bride for Lleu Llaw Gyffes, she was turned into an owl, by Gwydion, as punishment for an extramarital affair.

Mabinogi 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    At first I thought it was a very artistic cover but if the interior of the comic reflects it I guess thereīs some significance between Owls and Wandaīs coming back to life or maybe sheīs bonding with Krakoa.
    Owls signify wisdom. Maybe she has some information to reveal in this run. Something new.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Really looking forward to this Loved the first issue.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Definitely if Apocalypse was still on Krakoa, he would scold Magneto for his weakness, ToM looks like lest all scold magneto day anyway and provoke him into a fight just to make him train harder and I expect the same from Isca. :D
    Training with Isca is certainly a diet of humble pies! :D

But that core will get tight! :D

I think I am going to like it as a Wanda story and totally hate it as a Magneto story. I like the images and ideas around Wanda and I am almost sure this will end with some kind of catharsis between Wanda and Krakoa and possibly also the same Quiet Council that right now is rejecting her ressurrection but itīs very possible Wanda will be back with magic.

Magneto, on the other hand, is pretty much being sent under the bus on a narrative sense and his characterization is just in the ground. I hope Inferno is more kind to his character or I will just skip the next few months and see where he ends post Inferno. I will hate if he just becomes an adversary to the X-men again but after this it may be best for him to go and do his own thing for a while and itīs so sad because Planet Size ended on such a high note for him and the X-men alliance.
    I have the same feeling about Wanda and Magneto... Personally, I don't care that much about him, but I feel sorry for you and his other fans, if it turns out we were right about the story. :(

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Owls signify wisdom. Maybe she has some information to reveal in this run. Something new.
    Yes this Owl makes me remember Athena the godness of wisdom and daughter of Zeus in Greek mythology so either Wanda may have some new information on Krakoa(the island) or the ressurrection process or she may gain new habilities and become a kind of "godness of wisdom" in some capacity maybe she gets a new understanding over her powers and will be able to use them without attracting chaos to her life like it was mentioned by Remender on Uncanny Avengers and more like an empowering thing like Leah mentioned in her interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Training with Isca is certainly a diet of humble pies!

But that core will get tight!
    Lol exactly thatīs the point of training, heīs eating a lot of humble pie anyway so if it helps him get better thatīs something at least and when he puts his mind to it, he can get almost as obssesive with training as he does with his philosophical ideas or his mission.

I have the same feeling about Wanda and Magneto... Personally, I don't care that much about him, but I feel sorry for you and his other fans, if it turns out we were right about the story.
    Thank you it sucks for us magneto fans I really hope I am wrong but Leah just canīt handle him and she said this was not a Magneto story which has become quite clear to me after issue 1.

Now on the other hand I donīt know what will be his role on Inferno and while ToM will certainly affect him, I get the sense Inferno is the story that will dictate his next role post the reset buttom for the X-franchise by January. I hope he ends on a good place after all itīs said and done.

I am also worried a for Lorna on this story but I think sheīs still in good hands with Duggan on X-men.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-19-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Janet being the one to punch Magneto first is kind of funny given she seduced him in Secret Wars.
    Magneto was trying to seduce her actually(which was bizarre). She was just playing along until she could learn his plans. She even called him "the most evil scum since Hitler".
    Last edited by thjan; 08-19-2021 at 01:16 PM.

To be fair, the main editor at marvel and writer of the story said he was under the "influence" of a kind of food that affected him so he was a little OOC on that scene, so yes Janet definitely "took advantage" of him. The Hitler part was strange given the writer knew already of Claremontīs intentions to tell Magneto origin story as a holocaust survivor so I guess he just wanted to paint Wasp as ignorant of his origin but he also did the same with Cap America.

Marvel at the time liked to play with the different perspective and misunderstandings and a source for conflict between the characters and sometimes it led to interesting stories.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-19-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Lol exactly thatīs the point of training, heīs eating a lot of humble pie anyway so if it helps him get better thatīs something at least and when he puts his mind to it, he can get almost as obssesive with training as he does with his philosophical ideas or his mission.
    No pain no gain. And Isca seems to know a thing or two about inflicting pain. Magneto will come back to Earth with the musculature of a Hulk. :D

Thank you :( it sucks for us magneto fans I really hope I am wrong but Leah just canīt handle him and she said this was not a Magneto story which has become quite clear to me after issue 1.
    It sucks. I don’t want any fan to have to go through those low points imposed on their favourite characters without any good reason that pertains to the character itself… :(

Now on the other hand I donīt know what will be his role on Inferno and while ToM will certainly affect him, I get the sense Inferno is the story that will dictate his next role post the reset buttom for the X-franchise by January. I hope he ends on a good place after all itīs said and done.
    I know a lot will depend on Inferno indeed. But do you think ToM will be enough to get him out of S.W.O.R.D.'s cast?

I am also worried a for Lorna on this story but I think sheīs still in good hands with Duggan on X-men.
    Yeah... I don't think this story will affect her much, actually. Their fans will just have to endure her portrayal during the next issues, but then that will probably be it.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    so just the four of them go to confront magneto, two of which are covered in metal
    After the last schooling Mags gave him, Vision meticulously removed any materials from his body that could be manipulated through electromagnetism. (It prevented his little brother Victor from using his own magnetic abilities against him.)

The old man could be in trouble here. The last time Vision felt genuine bloodlust, he crushed a very stacked Avengers team, singlehandedly.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Also Tony does have a suit that is either resistant to or is made of metal that can’t be manipulated by electromagnetic spectrum.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    No pain no gain. And Isca seems to know a thing or two about inflicting pain. Magneto will come back to Earth with the musculature of a Hulk.
    I sure hope so lest train him back into his 90īs shape.

It sucks. I don’t want any fan to have to go through those low points imposed on their favourite characters without any good reason that pertains to the character itself…
    Yes I also wish this didnīt happen and I keep some hope it may not be so bad but it sure sucks to be in that position and every fan has known this pain at least once for their favorite character, this is why I advocate stories in which thereīs a good treatment for all characters involved and that it makes sense, I am not saying no character or my fave canīt have down times or be defeated ever, everybody has at some point but thereīs a difference between having hard times in which your character is recognizable and it makes sense for their story and there are times those hard times look more like mandate than something that makes sense for the story, the character or the narrative.

That said thereīs something interesting Leah is doing with Magneto here, itīs certainly very interesting to see his biggest wish become a nightmare and to be between a rock and a hard place, between his love for Wanda and his wish to protect mutantkind and even it makes sense for the X-men to turn on him if they truly believe heīs guilty, this can lead to many new stories, my pet peeve is that this situation looks too forced, things happened too quickly and given Magneto own friendship with the some X-men, it would have made sense for someone to support him, even a little and ToM Magneto looks like a completely different character than the one we saw on Planet Size or the last 15 years. That character, even in grief or feeling betrayal or being confronted with something like "your country was completely anhiliated " managed to keep his bearing and managed the situation the best he could under the circunstances, something thatīs absent on this magneto.

On the good side I like sheīs giving Wanda and pov and if she manages to heal or give catharsis to her story with Krakoa and mutants and closes the decimation/hom chapter definitely, then it will be a good mini for her character and I will be happy for her fans.

I know a lot will depend on Inferno indeed. But do you think ToM will be enough to get him out of S.W.O.R.D.'s cast?
    I am not sure,he was not truly an official part of the cast, he was more like a frequent guest in the title because he was the Quiet Council liaision with SWORD and Agent Brand and now it looks like Storm will be a more permanent member of the cast. Still Ewing said on an interview he was having fun exploring Magneto and that he would not be the only one who did it, I guess he was referencing Trial of Magneto and Inferno, so my guess is that he possibly will still have a role on the title just not the same he used to have,because right now we are not even sure he will still be part of the council, if thereīs a council to speak of post january. I hope Ewing manages to keep him around his take on him has been one of my favorites from this era.

Yeah... I don't think this story will affect her much, actually. Their fans will just have to endure her portrayal during the next issues, but then that will probably be it.
    Yes I hope you are right
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-19-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    After the last schooling Mags gave him, Vision meticulously removed any materials from his body that could be manipulated through electromagnetism. (It prevented his little brother Victor from using his own magnetic abilities against him.)

The old man could be in trouble here. The last time Vision felt genuine bloodlust, he crushed a very stacked Avengers team, singlehandedly.
    Pretty much, but that was more-or-less what they deserved for sending an infiltrator into the family he was trying to build for himself (and taking advantage of said infiltrator's vibranium addiction to get him to do it, no less), which started the chain of events that led to the destruction of said family and the beatdown the Avengers got.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Also Tony does have a suit that is either resistant to or is made of metal that can’t be manipulated by electromagnetic spectrum.
    When he last fought Magneto at the beginning of Avengers Vs. X-Men, he mentioned that he reconstructed the Bleeding Edge Armor he was using at the time with nonmagnetic materials, which he could do relatively easily since Bleeding Edge was made from nanomachinery. Given that his current armor is technically a "back to basics" model for him, he might have lined it with something nonmagnetic for this impending encounter with Magneto, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Do they know that it's Magneto? I mean it's sort of a first guess but that'd be a lot to come out swinging on