Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Could Jean be any more beautiful?!
    Thats the only thing I liked about this book. The artists should be rewarded.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    so just the four of them go to confront magneto, two of which are covered in metal
    Jobbing against Avengers isn't something not unpopular.

Are the mutant kids established character or just randos ?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Jobbing against Avengers isn't something not unpopular.
    Magneto should be able to crush these four Avengers quiet easily.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Are the mutant kids established character or just randos ?
    Seriously nothing annoys me more than when this happens I swear I wish there was a list in the back of who the kids are. Even if they don't have any speaking lines

Is that not Glob in the far back...?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Seriously nothing annoys me more than when this happens I swear I wish there was a list in the back of who the kids are. Even if they don't have any speaking lines
    It's weird to see a bunch of characters I have no recollection of wearing X-Men training uniforms with "X" belts.

The pink one looks like if Glob ate Proteus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What are the kids standing around and staring for? It's like they're waiting for an excuse to attack the Avengers.

Janet being the one to punch Magneto first is kind of funny given she seduced him in Secret Wars.

I feel like there should be more Avengers there. Like, why isn't Carol Danvers there? Or Jennifer? Clint? Not even T'Challa?

Jericho Drumm AKA Doctor Voodoo.
    Well, can you blame them? A bunch of privileged asses come to your home to pick a fight. This isn't the first time they've done this either.

Avengers should be shocked their core to discover that outside the core X-men and Magneto, pretty much nobody is going to give a damn about Wanda's death or them either, especially the kids and teens.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 08-19-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like there should be more Avengers there. Like, why isn't Carol Danvers there? Or Jennifer? Clint? Not even T'Challa?

Jericho Drumm AKA Doctor Voodoo.
    I think that they only had those Avengers there who were closest to Wanda, though you would think that Wonder Man and Hawkeye would also be there.
    The Avengers taking on Magneto without the rest of their current roster Thor, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, She Hulk, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Phoenix Echo is suicide.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Hey, if Magneto jobs against 4 of the Avengers, we just have to accept it as canon.

Astonishing Member

I think it’s pretty clear that the Avengers are going to lose, though Vision will put up the most fight (honestly I’m worried he’ll get accidentally’d by Beast due to the Hesiod protocol)

I do hope it’s pointed by Mags out that while the Avengers doing something like this is response to the death of one of theirs is expected and even understandable, the QC degenerating into rabid dogs and throwing him under the bus at a whim, including setting the X-Men, X-Factor and the Wolverines on him is not

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I think that they only had those Avengers there who were closest to Wanda, though you would think that Wonder Man and Hawkeye would also be there.
    The Avengers taking on Magneto without the rest of their current roster Thor, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, She Hulk, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Phoenix Echo is suicide.
    Carol should also be there then. They were best friends for years. And still are friends. She-Hulk and she were friends as well.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Well, can you blame them? A bunch of privileged asses come to your home to pick a fight. This isn't the first time they've done this either.

Avengers should be shocked their core to discover that outside the core X-men and Magneto, pretty much nobody is going to give a damn about Wanda's death or them either, especially the kids and teens.
    Why would they be shocked? That's not news to them. They knew the reaction from Children's Crusade, AvX and UA.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I sure hope so lest train him back into his 90´s shape.

With the cape, Mags, to add resistance! Go! :D

Yes I also wish this didn´t happen and I keep some hope it may not be so bad but it sure sucks to be in that position and every fan has known this pain at least once for their favorite character, this is why I advocate stories in which there´s a good treatment for all characters involved and that it makes sense, I am not saying no character or my fave can´t have down times or be defeated ever, everybody has at some point but there´s a difference between having hard times in which your character is recognizable and it makes sense for their story and there are times those hard times look more like mandate than something that makes sense for the story, the character or the narrative.
    Precisely. I’m a fan of Daredevil. He has lad his life destroyed quite some times but, usually, those were good stories. Ups and downs are part of life and should be part of the lives of the characters too. But the characters have to be recognizable, their motivations and actions have to make sense.

I don’t want any character to be poorly treated or used as tools to further a badly conceived plot, especially when it becomes a very damning, very defining thing for them.

Which is why I’m hoping something good comes for Wanda. She’s not one of my favourites, but I like her and I’m really tired of seeing her so mistreated in the X-corner. It will suck if Magneto has to pay the price, though.

That said there´s something interesting Leah is doing with Magneto here, it´s certainly very interesting to see his biggest wish become a nightmare and to be between a rock and a hard place, between his love for Wanda and his wish to protect mutantkind and even it makes sense for the X-men to turn on him if they truly believe he´s guilty, this can lead to many new stories, my pet peeve is that this situation looks too forced, things happened too quickly and given Magneto own friendship with the some X-men, it would have made sense for someone to support him, even a little and ToM Magneto looks like a completely different character than the one we saw on Planet Size or the last 15 years. That character, even in grief or feeling betrayal or being confronted with something like "your country was completely anhiliated " managed to keep his bearing and managed the situation the best he could under the circunstances, something that´s absent on this magneto.
    That’s the problem with those stories, right? The writers want to tell a story but given the previous history of the characters, their relationships and their powers, it is very hard to tell it in a way that makes sense and is exciting.

I mean, as many posters said in different places, with all those telepaths around, couldn’t one of them or even Mags just suggest to have a look in his mind and establish his guilt/innocence?

*shrug*

On the good side I like she´s giving Wanda and pov and if she manages to heal or give catharsis to her story with Krakoa and mutants and closes the decimation/hom chapter definitely, then it will be a good mini for her character and I will be happy for her fans.
    Me too.

I am not sure,he was not truly an official part of the cast, he was more like a frequent guest in the title because he was the Quiet Council liaision with SWORD and Agent Brand and now it looks like Storm will be a more permanent member of the cast. Still Ewing said on an interview he was having fun exploring Magneto and that he would not be the only one who did it, I guess he was referencing Trial of Magneto and Inferno, so my guess is that he possibly will still have a role on the title just not the same he used to have,because right now we are not even sure he will still be part of the council, if there´s a council to speak of post january. I hope Ewing manages to keep him around his take on him has been one of my favorites from this era.
    I’m not sure how much inferno will shake things up, though. And I’m not sure how different things will be in January. I think we’ll just be getting different books, since it will be time for that profitable issue #1 relaunch…

We’ll have to wait and see. :)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Jesus Mags is getting his ass whooped.
    IF he is not the killer, that is even more salt to the wound

'How many women is it now you once claimed to love who all perished during you brief window of affection or attention? You leave a trail of dead wives and dead daughters behind in your wake' to me this choice of words implies (even if Onslaught could be influencing Magneto assuming he indeed killed Wanda) the choice to intentionally malign Magneto on a psychological level is made which if it is short term is unfortunate and if it's long term is straight up misandry ..as if Magneto is a misogynist (which I find ridiculous even if it is being implied)
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-20-2021 at 04:53 AM.