Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Theory: Franklin is going to be re-retconned into a mutant, Sinister is going to make an adaptation of Hyperstorm with Franklin & Rachel's DNA, or Sinister makes a Sinister/Franklin hybrid to be his protégé, if only to make himself look good.

I have no evidence of this, but if I will it hard enough, surely it will come true.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Anyone know if the Cancerverse has been mentioned at all in a Marvel title?

Vulcan's mystery seems ripe for exploration; I hope SWORD or another Marvel Cosmic title explores this

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Vulcan's mystery seems ripe for exploration; I hope SWORD or another Marvel Cosmic title explores this
    I never liked Vulcan, either him as the 'third Summer's brother' or his ridonkulous powerset, but I was intrigued by the idea of there being two of him, and how that would mess with the resurrection protocols and dredge up all the questions swirling around them (and being scrupulously handwaved).

Plus any focus on him might showcase some Petra and Sway, whom I am *vastly* more interested in, and seem to be drunk in his room on the moon, last we saw them, since, I would suspect, they HATE, HATE, HATE Krakoa and have zero desire to set foot on that island what ate them.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I never liked Vulcan, either him as the 'third Summer's brother' or his ridonkulous powerset, but I was intrigued by the idea of there being two of him, and how that would mess with the resurrection protocols and dredge up all the questions swirling around them (and being scrupulously handwaved).

Plus any focus on him might showcase some Petra and Sway, whom I am *vastly* more interested in, and seem to be drunk in his room on the moon, last we saw them, since, I would suspect, they HATE, HATE, HATE Krakoa and have zero desire to set foot on that island what ate them.
    I think Vulcan was meant to be disliked by readers. He is not the hero type.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Yeah Petra and Sway's behavior was pretty odd and totally they would hate Krakoa.

I mean why haven't we gotten an explanation as to why Krako was such a d-bag towards the X-Men in the beginning or why Prof. X is okay with it especially with all of the trauma all parties suffered

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah Petra and Sway's behavior was pretty odd and totally they would hate Krakoa.

I mean why haven't we gotten an explanation as to why Krako was such a d-bag towards the X-Men in the beginning or why Prof. X is okay with it especially with all of the trauma all parties suffered
    They punted Krakoa into space and planted his kid on their lawn. I'd say they're even at this point lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    They punted Krakoa into space and planted his kid on their lawn. I'd say they're even at this point lol.
    Ha, I totally forgot about Kid Krakoa in Wolvie & The X-Men.

But I suppose Secret Wars or something might explain the change.

I would like a real answer though, but I'm afraid we'll never get it

BANNED

Inferno isn't the end of what Hickman did with Moira.

Wasn't there also supposed to be a plot related reason for why Jean was in the Marvel Girl dress? I know he talked about in in an interview and said that he thought it would be obvious after reading Hox 1 but I never understood it at all. Was it supposed to be this big deal mystery or was there just a simpler explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Wasn't there also supposed to be a plot related reason for why Jean was in the Marvel Girl dress? I know he talked about in in an interview and said that he thought it would be obvious after reading Hox 1 but I never understood it at all. Was it supposed to be this big deal mystery or was there just a simpler explanation?
    I think it was supposed to be a reference to when she wore it again at the end of the DPS, but I have no idea what the end goal was supposed to be.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't think there was an end goal, really. It was just a tid-bit that only had any real meaning to the character...and which ultimately got swept away with all the non-essential stuff early on.
    I'm thinking it might have been changed sooner if the X-Twatters weren't being such ass-wipes month after month.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    If I recall from an interview (without source) of Hickman when HoX started, he wanted Jean in the costume because its dates pre Phoenix.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. I believe it was just a visual signifier that this Jean was closer in mind heart and spirit to Claremont's Jean before the Phoenix but also the last time Jean was entirely herself and free of the Phoenix taint.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I've updated this post with the info we got from Inferno #1. Spoilers obv.

spoilers:

1) The Golden Girls are back, and collaborating with Orchis.
    2) Doug does his hand thing again. It doesn't look like he's infecting Krakoa, but rather just transferring Warlock so he can take form again?
    3) Destiny is back (or at least it looks that way)
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I've updated this post with the info we got from Inferno #1. Spoilers obv.

spoilers:

1) The Golden Girls are back, and collaborating with Orchis.
    2) Doug does his hand thing again. It doesn't look like he's infecting Krakoa, but rather just transferring Warlock so he can take form again?
    3) Destiny is back (or at least it looks that way)
    end of spoilers
    I love this thread keep up the good work!

There is so much to keep track of, I hope the next 3 issues blows my socks off