Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    They're one of my favorite teams of all time. I wish they interacted with the wider DC Universe a bit more. That's my preference of course.
    Morrison's run is my all time favorite but I would be down for the next Doom Patrol series to have more super-heroics. Have them fight some of their classic villains and focus on the core team members. Way's run was alright but at times he was trying much too hard to ape Morrison. Give the weird for the sake of weird routine a rest for a bit.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-04-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Giffen's run was the perfect middle ground between the craziness of the team and their more superheroic inclinations. I'd love to see a continuation of that run.
    If I remember correctly, the book wasn't selling that well, so it got cut when the entire line was relaunched post-Flashpoint.
    Then Johns brought a watered down version of the DP back that never got any focus. Way's run was the first real attempt at a DP book after 2011.

Incredible Member

Way's run was very frustrating as I liked the new characters, liked the art, the junk food story was interesting idea, but after first few issues, the scripts just werent tight at all. - Things quickly became a sprawling mess, i have no interest in trying to make a continuity out of all the different series, and by the end there was a zillion characters and not much room for either character development or story. Annoying as it was almost very good but just lack of focus and time spent on scripts and it fell apart quickly.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

The HBO series made me go back and love the Morrison run which led me to the 60s series. One of the high points of the Silver Age, the art especially but Arnold Drake really creates some madness. One of my new favorite teams and books! (I picked up the Gerard Way run but I started liking the Tom Scioli Super Powers series more!)

Incredible Member

I enjoyed the Way series…it was fun, and paid enough tribute to the previous team’s incarnation.
    I can’t believe DC has a successful show based on a comic they are not currently publishing. What a wasted opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I enjoyed the Way series…it was fun, and paid enough tribute to the previous team’s incarnation.
    I can’t believe DC has a successful show based on a comic they are not currently publishing. What a wasted opportunity.
    Sadly, DC really sucks at this.
    Supergirl only got another series because King pitched it.
    Stargirl's solo is still nowhere to be seen.
    Black Lightning only appears sporadically alongside the Outsiders.
    Batwoman hasn't had a comic in ages.

But it really is time for a new Doom Patrol series. It's a no-brainer to have a comic with Cliff, Rita and co.

I wonder if they'd keep it "weird" or go more conventional. I guess it would depend on the creative team.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I hope Scotty Fischer appears in it. I need more of my DC Clint.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    And a positively awful show that they are publishing a supporting comic for. #titansunited

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I have enjoyed every iteration of the Doom Patrol (with the exception of the Way series as I just haven't bothered to pick them up and it seems like I made the right decision.) My favorite of course has been the Giffen/Clark run.

BANNED

I liked Gerald Way's first run "way" better than his second run Weight of the Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I liked Gerald Way's first run "way" better than his second run Weight of the Worlds.
    So did I. I thought his first run was terrific.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar