Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    How, exactly, would a stage musician know how to contact the real Superman?

They would contact him through the staff at the Daily Planet. Would make sense, considering that many staffers at that paper are friends of Superman.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I haven't seen the episode in [COUGH] years, but I though the "joke" was that the actor who played Superman on TV was in fact a strong guy in real life. Not actually strong enough to easily slide a piano across the room, of course (that was the joke), but certainly a lot stronger than a Cuban bandleader.
    I thought that too, that they were just, for the comedy, questioning if the guy who plays Superman really is Superman.

I compare it to "Hercules the Legendary Journeys" decades later, when they did an episode where the actor who plays Hercules secretly really is Hercules.

Yes, for the fun of it, there's a reality where the 1950s show happened. There's also a reality where Superman was a show but the actor was running around in secret helping people as Superman because he really was Superman.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    They would contact him through the staff at the Daily Planet. Would make sense, considering that many staffers at that paper are friends of Superman.
    Yes. In fact, there were several episodes where ordinary people contacted Superman through the Daily Planet, either by asking Perry, Lois, Jimmy or Clark or just posting something in the message section of the paper.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Not sure a kid's birthday party is the same kind of emergency as someone lost at sea or whatever he normally deals with.
    Assassinate Putin!

I forgot all about this episode. Since all Superman stories are real in the DC universe, yes!, there is a Lucy in the DC Universe!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    Since all Superman stories are real in the DC universe, yes!, there is a Lucy in the DC Universe!!!
    Well, since Don Rickles exists in the Lucy universe:

and in the Superman universe:

then Lucy and Superman have only a single person between them in the Five Degrees of Kevin Bacon game.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Not sure a kid's birthday party is the same kind of emergency as someone lost at sea or whatever he normally deals with.
    Would be funny if Clark & Ricky were old friends.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I guess Superman is real in the Lucyverse. Just like how Batman exists in the Space Ghost universe (as evidenced thru Cartoon Network Starring #4.)
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.