Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    You say that for ALFRED GHOST? Or for that Magic trick that he used against GOTHAM GIRL?
    Gotham Girl

Ah. OK..

I thought that maybe I missed something(Something likely because I do not see Supersons) and he knew more MAGIC TRICKS..

He also survived being a magical conduit for Den Darga during Robin: Son of Batman, and in a possible future he makes a deal with The Devil to become Batman 666. Add to that his connection to Sexy Yoga Gramps and he's definitely one of the more magical Robins.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    He also survived being a magical conduit for Den Darga during Robin: Son of Batman, and in a possible future he makes a deal with The Devil to become Batman 666. Add to that his connection to Sexy Yoga Gramps and he's definitely one of the more magical Robins.
    He also apparently knows a spell to help or purgatory, and have Book of Damned although I think it will be forgotten

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian is already the magic and Tim is already the tech guy.

However Tim needs more than button pushing A good character is more than skill set.
    Agreed. But wasn't it sort of the thing that he was the best of the Robins (not the Bat team) when it came to computers and the like? Also we know he can build tech because he helped with that in the Clock tower.

I would say let him be a bit like Gear from Static Shock, making new gadgets that the others can use and the like.

Science vs Magic between the two of them. Could be rather interesting if someone tried a book with the two as partners in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    He also apparently knows a spell to help or purgatory, and have Book of Damned although I think it will be forgotten
    When did he get the necramomicon? (Can't spell it, but the book from Evil Dead) and I am kidding about that. But seriously wouldn't John Constantine or Zee be up in Bruce's business, along with JLDark if he's got a book that can connect to hell? When did he get that?

So are they implying that the Pits are more than just resurrecting liquid?

All the Robin build their own tech and gadgets so hard to say who is best at tech out of all the Robins. For example 16 year old Tim might have helped build the clock tower but 10 yr old Damian hacked 18 year old Tim so No Tim isn't the best. Trying to give a Robin a niche by elevating them above the rest in a skill they all excel at is pointless because they ALL excel. at those skills

Tim would be better off being the normal relatable guy than being the tech guy. When you've got pre tween Robin who built flying cars, Bat sons who build and operate intricate tech like Dick and Jason the bats don't need a tech guy.

Tynions Tim was disliked because he was over reliant on tech and hacking. I don't think that's a good move for Tim

Extraordinary Member

Problem is also that hacking is kind of boring in comics, and Tech often ends just being used as Deus-ex-Machina solution which is even worse.

Apart from that I don't think that most fans really that much over the top comic tech in the Batman books.

Oracle was great because of her interactions with her agents not because of her hacking skills.

spoilers:
    I liked the issue, the art is amazing as always, but most of the Robins' conversation felt quite hollow to me, except for the end. It felt like Williamson was just hitting the Tumblr fanfic Batfam high points without any real substance except for Dick and Damian's last conversation. I like the Tumblr Batfam as much as the next Tumblr user, but when I'm reading comics, I want to read the Batfam that's actually been portrayed in the comics and not what everyone else thinks the Batfam is.

Williamson was actually on the money by having Tim and Damian barely interact in the chase, because their relationship is quite underdeveloped, but utterly dropped the ball by only referencing computers and his and Steph's relationship. The real missed opportunity was not doing more with Damian and Steph because they actually had a pretty interesting dynamic pre-N52.

Personally, the same thinking that went into Taylor making canon the Batfam having a group chat is what happened here. I'm glad Dick and Damian actually had the conversation they were supposed to have. It was short and sweet and didn't overstay it's welcome. It got to the point, but I genuinely feel like it could've been stretched out and decompressed and really feel like a conversation, something along the lines of Bendis in his prime, when his dialogue was both in-character and realistic.
    end of spoilers

I loved this issue, i had a smile to my face reading from beginning to end, but that moment with my Dynamic Duo made everything even better.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

"But you were my robin"

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    spoilers:
    I liked the issue, the art is amazing as always, but most of the Robins' conversation felt quite hollow to me, except for the end. It felt like Williamson was just hitting the Tumblr fanfic Batfam high points without any real substance except for Dick and Damian's last conversation. I like the Tumblr Batfam as much as the next Tumblr user, but when I'm reading comics, I want to read the Batfam that's actually been portrayed in the comics and not what everyone else thinks the Batfam is.

Williamson was actually on the money by having Tim and Damian barely interact in the chase, because their relationship is quite underdeveloped, but utterly dropped the ball by only referencing computers and his and Steph's relationship. The real missed opportunity was not doing more with Damian and Steph because they actually had a pretty interesting dynamic pre-N52.

Personally, the same thinking that went into Taylor making canon the Batfam having a group chat is what happened here. I'm glad Dick and Damian actually had the conversation they were supposed to have. It was short and sweet and didn't overstay it's welcome. It got to the point, but I genuinely feel like it could've been stretched out and decompressed and really feel like a conversation, something along the lines of Bendis in his prime, when his dialogue was both in-character and realistic.
    end of spoilers
    I totally agree with this. It really sucks that fans demand that all the characters show up together all the time because it always boils down to the same predictable beats. One-on-one character interactions that actually matter are so much better. Just use the characters relevant to the story.

That's a general complaints about modern Batman comics, but the Dick and Damian interaction this issue was excellent and heartfelt. More than most we've seen in a while as far as character interactions.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

This was great. So much feels. As others have said Dick and Damian were the highlight.
    Williamson should read up on his Tim and Damian because at no point has Damian ever cut Tim's throat. His grappling line yeah not his throat. never.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    This was great. So much feels. As others have said Dick and Damian were the highlight.
    Williamson should read up on his Tim and Damian because at no point has Damian ever cut Tim's throat. His grappling line yeah not his throat. never.
    Didn’t Damian nearly kill Tim in the initial Grant Morrison introduction?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    A gross exaggeration by Tim fans. He was knocked unconscious. Far from the attempted murder certain fans will have you think "actually" happened.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    He pushed him off a dino
    He didn't nearly kill him and he never slit his throat.