Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hey I like them both I just thought I remembered some stuff between them. Either way this was a good issue
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey I like them both I just thought I remembered some stuff between them. Either way this was a good issue
    It's OK. I've had to litigate this point many times on Tumblr and it all comes down to misinterpretation of what happens in that issue. We're told via dialogue Damian went over the line, but the art does nothing to portray that, which I value much more. I'd rather be shown something, not told something, especially when what I'm shown doesn't not match up with what I'm told. If Tim looked the way Damian did after he fought Connor, I'd buy what Tim fans are peddling, but all I saw was a back fist and a fall from a decent height.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I liked the issue but kinda wish only Jason and Dick went after Damian. Steph and Tim didn't really contribute much here beyond being window dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I liked the issue but kinda wish only Jason and Dick went after Damian. Steph and Tim didn't really contribute much here beyond being window dressing.
    If you don't include them in what was marketed as a "Robin reunion", people would complain a lot. Even tho most people that complain the loudest about this kinda of stuff only react to the covers and don't usually read the books for real.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I can not put into words how much I loved this issue. This is the kind of stuff I love seeing whenever Damian and Dick are together. My only real complaint is with Steph. She just kinda got treated like an afterthought. So much so that she got lumped in with Tim when Damian was taking them all down. Everything's canon again, right? That means she's back to being the Robin (aside from Dick) that he had the closest relationship with. I honestly think the longer moment should have gone to her rather than Jason. Or maybe just cut out that prologue at the beginning so there'd be more pages to dedicate to Damian having a one on one with all of them.

Oh well. Still my favorite issue so far. I've been saying that every time a new one comes out and I hope that doesn't change. I haven't enjoyed Damian this much since Gleason was in the driver's seat.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-24-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    If you don't include them in what was marketed as a "Robin reunion", people would complain a lot. Even tho most people that complain the loudest about this kinda of stuff only react to the covers and don't usually read the books for real.
    I mean… if you take them out I’d hope they decide against marketing it as a Robin reunion

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I mean… if you take them out I’d hope they decide against marketing it as a Robin reunion
    They would still found a way to complain about them not being there, i'm sure.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Because all of them should be there. They all have some sort of personal relationship with Damian. The problem is that Tim's currently a nobody and Steph was just written as an accessory for Tim (happens way too often). We COULD have gotten something meaningful out of all of them being there but we didn't.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    A gross exaggeration by Tim fans. He was knocked unconscious. Far from the attempted murder certain fans will have you think "actually" happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He pushed him off a dino
    He didn't nearly kill him and he never slit his throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    It's OK. I've had to litigate this point many times on Tumblr and it all comes down to misinterpretation of what happens in that issue. We're told via dialogue Damian went over the line, but the art does nothing to portray that, which I value much more. I'd rather be shown something, not told something, especially when what I'm shown doesn't not match up with what I'm told. If Tim looked the way Damian did after he fought Connor, I'd buy what Tim fans are peddling, but all I saw was a back fist and a fall from a decent height.
    Hahaha, are you guys serious? In all my years on the Internet I didn't even know this was a debate. Damian obviously had no compunction against killing Tim. He threw a decapitated head with a grenade in its mouth at him, pushed him at least 50 feet (?) down, crashing through a glass case, and walked away. He said himself that he viewed it as a Leauge of Assassins competition ritual. It wasn't exactly just playful roughhousing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I can not put into words how much I loved this issue. This is the kind of stuff I love seeing whenever Damian and Dick are together. My only real complaint is with Steph. She just kinda got treated like an afterthought. So much so that she got lumped in with Tim when Damian was taking them all down. Everything's canon again, right? That means she's back to being the Robin (aside from Dick) that he had the closest relationship with. I honestly think the longer moment should have gone to her rather than Jason. Or maybe just cut out that prologue at the beginning so there'd be more pages to dedicate to Damian having a one on one with all of them.

Oh well. Still my favorite issue so far. I've been saying that every time a new one comes out and I hope that doesn't change. I haven't enjoyed Damian this much since Gleason was in the driver's seat.
    No, people are mistaken about this a lot. Infinite Frontier isn't everything is canon but everyone will remember their past version in flashes sometimes.

What actually happens may be different or maybe the same, but we don't know what's in and out in specific unless they say it happens.

Like for example, Steph is Robin again, but we don't know if she's ever Batgirl and therefore has that relationship with Damian. This road to Fear State Tynion era maybe the first time she's referred as a Batgirl in this continuity.

Of course the example I most often bring up is that Bludhaven and Blockbuster survive, and the lore already changed on how Dick quit the police department

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Hahaha, are you guys serious? In all my years on the Internet I didn't even know this was a debate. Damian obviously had no compunction against killing Tim. He threw a decapitated head with a grenade in its mouth at him, pushed him at least 50 feet (?) down, crashing through a glass case, and walked away. He said himself that he viewed it as a Leauge of Assassins competition ritual. It wasn't exactly just playful roughhousing.
    Is this that whataboutism that hannaity is always doing on Fox news?

You are yet to point out to me where and when Damian slit his throat which was what Tim claimed In Robin#5

Do you have the title and issue number? Does anyone here have it cos i must have missed that particular comic

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Certain fans often use Damian's early characterization as an indictment against his later characterization, willfully ignorant that characters can grow past their initial introduction, especially when they're raw and undeveloped and literally planned to not be around past that introduction. Damian had no regard for Tim, that is clear, but some people make it out that Damian actively hated and purposely targeted Tim just for existing, rather than Tim just being a mere obstacle that he easily removed by proving he was superior in combat.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Is this that whataboutism that hannaity is always doing on Fox news?

You are yet to point out to me where and when Damian slit his throat which was what Tim claimed In Robin#5

Do you have the title and issue number? Does anyone here have it cos i must have missed that particular comic
    That must be an error or williamson is mistaken though that's a hell of a thing to be mistaken about.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That must be an error or williamson is mistaken though that's a hell of a thing to be mistaken about.
    It's mistakes like these that cause the most in-fighting among fans, especially for contentious characters like Damian.

The funny part is that Jason did much worse to Tim than Damian. Two times actually. In Teen Titans he beat Tim to a pulp and then almost killed him in Battle for the Cowl.

After the New52 they became cool with each other.