Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Deathstroke Inc. #1 Preview

Deathstroke Inc. #1 Preview (Unlettered + Interview)
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Howard Porter

Did they redesign Grant's costume? It looks more hi-spec.

Extraordinary Member

Deathstroke Inc. #1 Preview (Lettered)
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Howard Porter

Honestly I like everything about this but Deathstroke...was never a huge fan of him can’t say I ever read any of his series. Because this has black canary doing cool spy stuff, it’s got Toyman, and written by Williamson. Maybe a trade wait for me
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hiro!? Did not expect to see him in this.

Ha! Dinah's in a black wig .

Amazing Member

Wait so ... all the agency's and villian organization are currently "defunct" due to the whole drawn out Leviathan thing, and in this one preview we have a "new" HIVE & TRUST?

All I'm asking for is a hint of consistency, as Black Canary is tied up with the whole Leviathan thing via JLA B-Plots with Ollie & Checkmate, and just tossing out a "oh Shaw missed this one" or "it has formed in the absence, which given the plot points feels like less than a month or two" just feels off.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth_Brower View Post
    Wait so ... all the agency's and villian organization are currently "defunct" due to the whole drawn out Leviathan thing, and in this one preview we have a "new" HIVE & TRUST?

All I'm asking for is a hint of consistency, as Black Canary is tied up with the whole Leviathan thing via JLA B-Plots with Ollie & Checkmate, and just tossing out a "oh Shaw missed this one" or "it has formed in the absence, which given the plot points feels like less than a month or two" just feels off.
    Well, Williamson cares more about continuity than Bendis does so I feel like he'll probably get around to addressing it.

I kinda love that Dinah’s the one challenging Slade in this… a great departure from the Nightwing and Deathstroke’s rivalry on Titans back in the day… and it’s a showdown that Dinah’s absolutely capable of after Simone’s exquisite buildup and repositioning of the character years ago in BoP.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Lettered preview over here
    https://graphicpolicy.com/2021/09/24...hstroke-inc-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did they redesign Grant's costume? It looks more hi-spec.
    I thought it's the New 52 version, but no... the New 52 version's more clunky

---

Let's see... Hiro Okumura was 13 in Public Enemies, that was 2003 when Tim's 16... so he should be 18... if the timeline didn't get screwed around since I can only judge the age up by Damian and not Tim. Whatever. He's still a teen, aged between Damian and Tim. So 14 at the youngest, 18 at the oldest.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-25-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Spoilers

Not a bad first issue. I really liked the weirdness of this HIVE Queen and her brood. Great art by Porter.

Not sure how I feel about this version of Slade. He says he’s gonna try be a hero for a while but Williamson already said in the interview that deep down Slade is a piece of ****. So we’ll see how long this “good guy” routine will last. Obviously nothing will ever come close to Priest’s Deathstroke.

So is DC’s Team 7 back in continuity? I really don’t like Dinah as a soldier. I much prefer her as someone who has just dedicated her life to marital arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So is DC’s Team 7 back in continuity? I really don’t like Dinah as a soldier. I much prefer her as someone who has just dedicated her life to marital arts.
    Was it any good?

I thought it was a pretty fun issue. I really don't like Deathstroke, but Dinah's involvement made me want to give the series a try.
    I absolutely loved how creepy the new Hive is. Howard Porter delivered with this one.

Extraordinary Member

Spoilers

Not a bad first issue. I really liked the weirdness of this HIVE Queen and her brood. Great art by Porter.

Not sure how I feel about this version of Slade. He says he’s gonna try be a hero for a while but Williamson already said in the interview that deep down Slade is a piece of ****. So we’ll see how long this “good guy” routine will last. Obviously nothing will ever come close to Priest’s Deathstroke.

A solider, she more a field agent, when she works with Oracle she give me black widow vibes

Astonishing Member

Spoilers

Slade is probably rusing everyone, but so far Williamson hasn't tried to justify his nonsense.

I think I might be the only one that really doesn’t care for Porter. From JLA to Flash to this, every time he draws an issue it takes me out of the story entirely. I still can’t fully appreciate Morisson’s JLA. No matter how many times I read it I spend the whole time wishing it was drawn by someone else. I get that writers are very excited to work with him, I just don’t at all understand why.