Default Charles Xavier/Fantomex question

Is Charles still in Fantomex's body? Is there some reason he can't resurrect his own body?
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Is Charles still in Fantomex's body? Is there some reason he can't resurrect his own body?
    Hard to tell… This is Xavier in Fantomex’s body:

And this is Xavier in Hickman’s run:

I find them different and Xavier is not his older self neither… I don’t think it plays any role… For my part I liked cocky young Xavier and I don’t like this new Xavier… regardless the appearance.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

He was in Fantomex’s body until his assassination in X-Force. That’s been confirmed, at least in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    He was in Fantomex’s body until his assassination in X-Force. That’s been confirmed, at least in interviews.
    Really? I hadn’t seen that. It sure looked like his old body in the flashback where he brought Doug to Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That's correct. Hickman said he was in Fanto's body until X-Force #1 and then he was resurrected in his own body.
    https://www.cbr.com/jonathan-hickman...or-x-fantomex/
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

How could he walk through the gates then

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    LOL...magic
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I’m not sure if you’re asking how X could walk through the gates or how Xavier in his old body can walk in general. I’ll just answer both.

The answer to the former: telekinesis. Or at least that is the implication. According to Xavier, when he took over Fantomex’ body, he changed the genetics. Thus, he lost Fantomex’ healing factor and all that. Even still, I’m pretty sure Fantomex has been called a mutant before, so there is no reason he couldn’t walk through a gate.

If the question is about the latter question, Charles has been walking since post-House of M. Needless to say, even if he for some reason couldn’t walk, it’s been pointed out that the Five can manipulate the genetics to make changes on the resurrected mutant, as evident by Quentin Quire constantly asking them to change his bodily structure to his desired standard.

And when they resurrected Charlie, did they split mind and body and resurrect Fantomex too then?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes they brought Fantomex back to life too.

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I’m not sure if you’re asking how X could walk through the gates or how Xavier in his old body can walk in general. I’ll just answer both.

The answer to the former: telekinesis. Or at least that is the implication. According to Xavier, when he took over Fantomex’ body, he changed the genetics. Thus, he lost Fantomex’ healing factor and all that. Even still, I’m pretty sure Fantomex has been called a mutant before, so there is no reason he couldn’t walk through a gate.

If the question is about the latter question, Charles has been walking since post-House of M. Needless to say, even if he for some reason couldn’t walk, it’s been pointed out that the Five can manipulate the genetics to make changes on the resurrected mutant, as evident by Quentin Quire constantly asking them to change his bodily structure to his desired standard.
    Actually, Fantomex is (was?) an artificially-evolved human, an engineered mutate with three brains for independent parallel processing and 'nano-active blood'.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-22-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Fantomex is a mutant. I think the retcon was an accident, but it still happened.

Specifically, Si Spurrier’s X-Force has him as a mutant. Hope even mimics his powers at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Actually, Fantomex is (was?) an artificially-evolved human, an engineered mutate with three brains for independent parallel processing and 'nano-active blood'.
    Three little brains then… he doesn’t seem to have a head three times bigger.

And it’s “was”. PyroFN is right. I remember now: Xavier took Fantomex’s body as a material for his own body. That explains why this body has his mutant powers.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

But is the current X walking around with the Cerebro on his head even younger? Or just a different body?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But is the current X walking around with the Cerebro on his head even younger? Or just a different body?
    It's most likely a replica of the body he had when he was on Utopia.
    "Cable was right!"