Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,486

    Default I Am Batman #1 Preview

    I Am Batman #1 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: John Ridley
    Artist: Olivier Coipel

    Last edited by Hypo; 08-21-2021 at 09:56 AM.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    The art on this is top notch!
    Incredible.

  3. #3
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,390

    Default

    I forgot Coipel was with DC...

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I Am Batman #1 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: John Ridley
    Artist: Olivier Coipel

    The link didn't work for me.

    EDIT- alternate link

    https://www.cbr.com/dc-i-am-batman-1-first-look/
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-21-2021 at 09:57 AM.

  5. #5
    Outlier Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brissy
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forgot Coipel was with DC...
    You're likely to forget after this issue, too probably. He's apparently off it after #1 unless it's an artist rotation, replaced by stephen segovia, who's a great artist in his own right as well. Though makes me wonder why he didn't just draw from #1 if Copiel is one and done.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The link didn't work for me.
    Fixed the link.

  7. #7
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,390

    Default

    So he's like season 1 Batwoman where he just rides around on a motorcycle all the time.

  8. #8
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    You're likely to forget after this issue, too probably. He's apparently off it after #1 unless it's an artist rotation, replaced by stephen segovia, who's a great artist in his own right as well. Though makes me wonder why he didn't just draw from #1 if Copiel is one and done.
    They probably wanted an all-black creative team for issue #1 or something.

  9. #9
    Outlier Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brissy
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So he's like season 1 Batwoman where he just rides around on a motorcycle all the time.
    In Future State he didn't have a Batmobile or anything either, which I guess makes sense, unless that torn up base can print out a whole Batmobile like it can a suit, he'll probably be lacking when it comes to high tech stuff, especially since Lucius doesn't know he's Batman. Maybe his friend Vol could help with that.
    Last edited by GSman; 08-21-2021 at 04:34 PM.

  10. #10
    Amazing Member XenobladerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Considering his backstory, he probably tries to avoid driving any kind of car.

  11. #11

    Default

    Jace should fight a gang of street racers. They should be a parody of Fast and The Furious lol.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    I Am Batman #1 Preview (Lettered)
    Writer: John Ridley
    Artist: Olivier Coipel


  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,521

    Default

    Interesting that this is the first time we’ve actually been able to see Vol’s face. He’s kind of generic looking but hey it’s nice to finally put a face to a name.

    Also I don’t know why but it’s funny Jace has a belt just full a phones.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  14. #14
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,390

    Default

    Jace has no idea he's basically mimicking Bruce with the fake public persona and secret Batcave .

    "Had any regular people actually seen him in maybe six years?" Um...I would assume so? Urban myth Batman hasn't been a thing in forever. Jace seems kind of out of touch. Like, the idea that Bruce's Batman wasn't real while he teams up with the Justice League and fights every crime in Gotham doesn't really make much sense. This isn't Future State where it seems like Batman actually died, and wherein Jace actually had a grapple gun if I remember.

  15. #15
    Outlier Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brissy
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jace has no idea he's basically mimicking Bruce with the fake public persona and secret Batcave .

    "Had any regular people actually seen him in maybe six years?" Um...I would assume so? Urban myth Batman hasn't been a thing in forever. Jace seems kind of out of touch. Like, the idea that Bruce's Batman wasn't real while he teams up with the Justice League and fights every crime in Gotham doesn't really make much sense. This isn't Future State where it seems like Batman actually died, and wherein Jace actually had a grapple gun if I remember.
    I think Jace's point is that Batman isn't usually seen in public that often, which is kind of funny when you think about it, most of his battles to protect the city take place out of the public eye, so people don't really see Batman that much in Gotham they're more likely to see the Batmobile racing through the streets or the Bat- Plane through the sky, especially when he operates in the dead of night. Where with Jace he seems like he's going to be on the streets more, tackling street crimes frequently, letting Gotham see that his Batman is out there protecting them from all manners of threats but not hidden in the shadows like Bruce usually is, which is demonstrated by him riding a motorcycle for all of Gotham to see.
    Last edited by GSman; 09-10-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •