Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao since when is Lucius a character anyone cares all that much about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Since the Nolan trilogy?
    Since the '90s for me.

I was introduced to him in B:TAS and then when I started reading the comics I liked him being around (and even getting the occasional spotlight). Bruce having a non-Bat family friend and trusted advisor who was just a decent man that handled Bruce's company is a breath of fresh air and helps make the world feel real. Lucius was a great side character and that was all he needed to be.

Not everybody in a hero's world needs to be an active part (or even know of) of their costumed life.

That said, I like that Jace is a retooled Timothy Fox and it actually does make sense for the character to end up here.
    Last edited by exile001; 09-13-2021 at 02:50 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao since when is Lucius a character anyone cares all that much about?
    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Since the '90s for me.

I was introduced to him in B:TAS and then when I started reading the comics I liked him being around (and even getting the occasional spotlight). Bruce having a non-Bat family friend and trusted advisor who was just a decent man that handled Bruce's company is a breath of fresh air and helps make the world feel real. Lucius was a great side character and that was all he needed to be.

Not everybody in a hero's world needs to be an active part (or even know of) of their costumed life.
    He was definitely a cool addition to the world of Batman/Bruce Wayne when he was introduced back in the late 1970s/1980s.

And there was this story, which originally introduced the daughter of Mademoiselle Marie:

Lucius served the same point as Alfred kinda.

The issue today was a decent introduction. Just Jace prowling Alleytown and dealing with Fear State. The murder mystery tease is pretty cool.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-15-2021 at 07:57 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The issue today was a decent introduction. Just Jace prowling Alleytown and dealing with Fear State.
    Yeah decent issue but I think like all things Gotham right now, it's being hindered by Fear State/ Magistrate/ Future State, which I am not a fan of personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    ^^ How d'you mean? Like, in what context?

(1) in comparison to [insert existing Bat character];
    (2) to wear a Batman suit; and/or
    (3) ...

Also, and I stand to be corrected, think Katana (irrespective of her codename) is more than just a "swordswoman".
    (fighter) We saw in Second Son, he struggled in a fight against a nobody. Katana comes in and makes a joke out of said nobody which makes Jace look that much worse.
    (Mentally Weak) Throughout Second Son and in issue 0, we see he has a lot of self doubt and insecurity from his talks with Katana and the lady from 0 that I can't recall her name. That being said, maybe mentally weak was a tad too strong.

Regarding Katana, you will have to help me out with that one if you see otherwise. From the comics I've read with her in it, movies, and cartoons; I've only ever seen her use a sword. Heck, Jace could end up using a non lethal sword at some point... that would be kind of cool...
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose