Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1304

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Marvel's gonna do whatever will make them money the family dynamic sells/HOM sells that's all they care about.
    Wanda does in general right now. Everything started selling out because of her show.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    People in real life do work things out with difficult parents.
    This isn't a difficult parent. It was someone that abused her. I hate how fandom tends to gloss over abuse of characters if one of them is a fave. It's one of the worst traits of standom.

Even in abusive situations though you can move past it if you really want too just takes time & effort.

Lorna attached Magneto with the rest of the X-Men.

And she wouldn’t back down after Magneton told her too. It’s the only reason why that happened.

A father has the right to pursue a relationship with all his children. Magneto was not playing favorites.
    No Mags attacked Lorna personally. He's always been a terrible father. He's just continuing that.

Even in abusive situations though you can move past it if you really want too just takes time & effort.
    I've been in this discussion before. And there are some people they will never feel safe around. And in the case of Magneto specifically, there likely will be times he's still a prick. Considering he just was to Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I've been in this discussion before. And there are some people they will never feel safe around. And in the case of Magneto specifically, there likely will be times he's still a prick. Considering he just was to Lorna.
    I mean but that's with anyone families fight people are a-holes/b*tches sometimes what can ya do ya know. Family gets the best of you & the worst of you.

Ultimate Member

I mean but that's with anyone families fight people are a-holes/b*tches sometimes what can ya do ya know. Family gets the best of you & the worst of you.
    There's a difference between a-holes and manipulators/abusers

BANNED

No Mags attacked Lorna personally. He's always been a terrible father. He's just continuing that.
    After she fought him with her powers, and did not get his side of the story and basically came to arrest him. After the QC refuses to resurrect his other daughter. There’s context. Magneto did not personally attack Lorna out of nowhere.

BANNED

You’re taking things out of context and projecting too much. These are fictional characters. They will have whatever relationships the writers want them to, regardless of the past.

Now in real life sometimes people from bad families reconcíliate, sometimes they don’t.

After she fought him with her powers, and did not get his side of the story and basically came to arrest him. After the QC refuses to resurrect his other daughter. There’s context. Magneto did not personally attack Lorna out of nowhere.
    Personal attacks are not ok. No matter what. But he did it to his own daughter.

You’re taking things out of context and projecting too much. These are fictional characters. They will have whatever relationships the writers want them to, regardless of the past.

Now in real life sometimes people from bad families reconcíliate, sometimes they don’t.
    Sure, they will have whatever relationships writers want them to have. Which will be them getting along sometimes and then fighting others. That's what writers do with them.

And I as a reader who has actually been in abusive relationships can decide if I find that healthy. I don't.

Depends on the family. Some families are healthy, some are not. I stay away from the ones that never learn or better themselves.

Ultimate Member

It just seems like some people may be more concerned with 'getting the family back' than whether that's good for a character who's been poorly portrayed during the last 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    There's a difference between a-holes and manipulators/abusers
    Meh not really

Ultimate Member

Meh not really
    Uh, yeah. One Can be a jerk or insensitive without manipulating or abusing others