Page 75 of 87 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1304

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Yeah, I don't get why people are so gung ho about re-establishing this relationship. It's like what happened to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver doesn't really matter that much
    The old historic basis of Wanda's relationship to Magneto was she hated him for convincing her to join the Brotherhood. Pietro did as well, but far less so because he didn't like how humanity treated mutants. After Avengers 503 that basis was shaken up and never quite settled down.

The old historic basis of Lorna's relationship to Magneto was that she derived some measure of her identity by means of her relationship to Magneto all the way back in time to her first M2 code name. For Magneto he wanted a heir, but didn't want to impose it on her.

ToM has shaken up the foundational basis of their relationships at a level that I can't really see what Lorna or Magneto's relationship is with each other. Wanda and Magneto are on great terms and while that makes sense from Magneto's standpoint for Wanda it is a head scratcher. The relationships of all of them need foundations to understanding them.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-22-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    i hate MCU.
    What did the MCU do?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The old historic basis of Wanda's relationship to Magneto was she hated him for convincing her to join the Brotherhood. Pietro did as well, but far less so because he didn't like how humanity treated mutants. After Avengers 503 that basis was shaken up and never quite settled down.

The old historic basis of Lorna's relationship to Magneto was that she derived some measure of her identity by means of her relationship to Magneto all the way back in time to her first M2 code name. For Magneto he wanted a heir, but didn't want to impose it on her.

ToM has shaken up the foundational basis of their relationships at a level that I can't really see what Lorna or Magneto's relationship is with each other. Wanda and Magneto are on great terms and while that makes sense from Magneto's standpoint for Wanda it is a head scratcher. The relationships of all of them need foundations to understanding them.
    I just don't think the history of Marvel comics has actually built that foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What did the MCU do?
    Stole someone’s bicycle and kicked someone else’s puppy.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Stole someone’s bicycle and kicked someone else’s puppy.
    the show is rasict .
    Last edited by baumblume; 10-22-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

She didn't hate him for convincing her to join. She hated him for abusing them when they tried to leave and treating them like crap when they were members. They first thought that he had saved them and that they owed him a debt. They soon realized that Magneto of that era was psychotic.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    cover variant

This is likely a trick cover. It usually is with Wanda. The magic aura is green. So it could be Loki posing as her again, or Hela. Or what is on the cover never happens and Wanda is never even in the comic. Since that is most common.

i hate MCU.
    The MCU did not do this. This all started with John Byrne and then was perpetuated 15 years after that by Brian Michael Bendis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She didn't hate him for convincing her to join. She hated him for abusing them when they tried to leave and treating them like crap when they were members. They first thought that he had saved them and that they owed him a debt. They soon realized that Magneto of that era was psychotic.
    The sentiment I from a lot of comments here is he was somehow a good dad

Ultimate Member

the show is rasict .
    Is it because they didn't cast Romani actors?

Duplicate post
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 10-23-2021 at 09:42 AM.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She called him daddy...she called him daddy.
    She did, indeed.

It's too child-like. But it is a weird clone. Like the weird one in Magneto: Not a Hero.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She did, indeed.
    Is that supposed to be a good thing?

I'm curious if the 'they're a happy family' advocates think this is all somehow good for Scarlet Witch as a character

I wasn't surprised at the daddy part, considering that Williams also writes Tommy calling her "mommy".