Page 30 of 87 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Why are y'all discussing this so heavily? Magic isn't real.....
    Magic is very real
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She's not practicing Chthonic magic. It's not something she has to use that way. She does not have to cast spells. Again, for like the 5th time, she practices nature magic and her goddesses belong to nature, not the devil. Stop being weird.
    Her power is directly derived from Cthohn. It’s not “nature magic” she practices. It’s Cthohnic or Chaos Magic, according to Marvel. There’s no magic if you don’t believe. Hence, she’s practicing her belief systems when she is practicing magic.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Yeah I think actual fans of the characters would much rather see them team up than fight. Lorna should get to tag along too.

I'd definitely rather see a team up. There's too much fighting between heroes anymore anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Her power is directly derived from Cthohn. It’s not “nature magic” she practices. It’s Cthohnic or Chaos Magic, according to Marvel. There’s no magic if you don’t believe. Hence, she’s practicing her belief systems when she is practicing magic.
    She doesn't practice chaos magic, she naturally wields it. She practices traditional magic. Also, no magic is real.

No I'm not reading anything else you type, because it's nuts.
    It’s not nuts. Marvel — as set forth by Stan Lee himself, or ripped off and promoted by Stan — has always strived to represent the world outside your window, but with superheroics, and fantastic worlds and adventures.

When we critique those fictions, shouldn’t we judge it by the standards Marvel set for itself?

In the world outside my window — the real world — the practice of magic is very real and its practice is a set of religious beliefs. That is magic in reality. That is what magic actually is. Religious practice.

So, in the Marvel Universe, the same rules apply in that fictional universe as in the real world. Magic is religious practice in the Marvel Universe, too.
    Last edited by Brian B; 08-28-2021 at 11:28 AM.

She doesn't practice chaos magic, she naturally wields it. She practices traditional magic. Also, no magic is real.

To the law and civil society in the United States of America, magic is as real as my Christian religion or whatever religion you follow if you choose to follow any.

Magic is as real as metaphysical concepts like love, peace, hate, luck and so forth…..
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member

In the world outside my window — the real world — the practice of magic is very real and its practice is a set of religious beliefs. That is magic in reality. That is what magic actually is. Religious practice.

So, in the Marvel Universe, the same rules apply in that fictional universe as in the real world. Magic is religious practice in the Marvel Universe, too.
    Magic is a religious practice for some people. For others it's just a skill, a craft. For example, candle magic is one of the simplest forms of magic. It does not require engaging in any religion.

BANNED

I'd definitely rather see a team up. There's too much fighting between heroes anymore anyway.

Wanda and Jean were established as friends in the First Class comics, and that always made more sense than them being bitchy rivals over Cyclops.

Wanda and Jean were established as friends in the First Class comics, and that always made more sense than them being bitchy rivals over Cyclops.
    Way better sense and a much more enjoyable read.

Spectacular Member

I loved the Wanda and Jean friendship in First Class.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Magic is a religious practice for some people. For others it's just a skill, a craft. For example, candle magic is one of the simplest forms of magic. It does not require engaging in any religion.
    If it is not religious practice then it is not Constitutionally protected.

It is Constitutionally protected, ergo it’s a religious practice.

Most Christian religions would see it as a religious practice as well, though they would say it is a false religion.

Those Colleen Coover's minicomics of Wanda and Jean are a treasure <3

Yay i been wanting a scarlet witch thread on this side. I don't care how the story ends up but at the end of the day to me she is and will always be Magneto daughter. Genetics don't matter to me as much as i would probably cut you if you call one of my half siblings a half sibling.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Wanda has studied and read up on a variety of types of magic. She’s very knowledgeable. However, her powers source is chaos magic, which is Chthon. Magic users in Marvel can access more than one type of magic if they want to. At least the powerful and skilled ones. But her main magic will always be Chthonic.