Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I for one, do not appreciate the event that cost her 7 years.
    It's one thing to like that connection, it's another to like HoM by extension because of that, sure I don't control others' opinions, but like you said it's a appreciation thread. Are we gonna appreciate her demise as well?
    I already said I am not personally enjoying ToM I just hope it gives a final chapter to the hom issue and I am actually excited for Darkhold and MoM, you are welcome to appreciate it if you want and I also don´t care much for HoM, it had awesome art but it´s a story about Wolverine and the Avengers, not really about Wanda or Magneto who were plot devices there. I agree it was not fair to leave Wanda out of stories for 7 years, I just suggest being mad and angry over it after 15 years doesn´t make sense because it will not change what happened. I personally prefer to get excited for the future projects in which she´s going to be.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I already said I am not personally enjoying ToM I just hope it gives a final chapter to the hom issue and I am actually excited for Darkhold and MoM, you are welcome to appreciate it if you want and I also don´t care much for HoM, it had awesome art but it´s a story about Wolverine and the Avengers, not really about Wanda or Magneto who were plot devices there. I agree it was not fair to leave Wanda out of stories for 7 years, I just suggest being mad and angry over it after 15 years doesn´t make sense because it will not change what happened. I personally prefer to get excited for the future projects in which she´s going to be.
    I need to see how Trial of Magneto ends before I give my actual opinion. It’s going to depend on what actually happens, and how things are developed. I can say she isn’t really dead as if the first issue, but I need to see what happens in other issues.

Agreed I think we will a swerve in more ways than one, like there´s confirmation there will be two wandas at some point and that she´s still not really dead and that she´s getting some sort of healing from Krakoa and Williams said she wanted to give Wanda´s power a different perspective so it was empowering and less caothic so I am personally excited for it if it indeed helps her character and closes up the HoM chapther with the X-side, I am not enjoying ToM mostly because of the handling of Magneto´s and Lorna´s character but Wanda´s character seems to be handled with care by Leah and I am expecting what´s going to happen with her is going to be somethign good, because it´s a sure thing she´s not really dead and she´s going to be back.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

She's making Krakoa more pretty. It needed deadly flowers from Mount Wundagore. Adds the perfect touch.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I am not talking about you specifically, more about the general fandom phenomenon.
    Your stance is pretty clear to me really with all the posts.
    I will try to be positive for new stuff, but act like HoM is okay or even good for her is simply weird.(Again not talking about your position in this.)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She's making Krakoa more pretty. It needed deadly flowers from Mount Wundagore. Adds the perfect touch.
    And they have the aditional benefit of allowing people to see the future and Vision knows exactly how to use them but I also have the headcanon Wanda already used it and this is why it´s connected to her. Who knows, maybe there´s a bigger plan going on there.

I am not talking about you specifically, more about the general fandom phenomenon.
    Your stance is pretty clear to me really with all the posts.
    I will try to be positive for new stuff, but act like HoM is okay or even good for her is simply weird.(Again not talking about your position in this.)
    A fandom as big as Wanda´s, especially now she is more active in the MCU, won´t agree on everything and that´s fair

You scream gatekeep when people disagree, you have the right to like whatever you want and I have the right to call whatever you like crap.
    It's crap and damaging her character regardless of you liking it or not.
    I am not stopping you from liking whatever crap Bendis wrote, but I will call it crap till the end of time.
    That's my opinion, I do not hold the gate, I hold my own opinion backed by some facts like her getting kicked out of comics for 7 years and stuff.
    You have the right to your opinion but please let’s not forget common decency. There is a way to show your opinion in a civil manor. I do think what Bendis did was horrible to Wanda as her most memorable moment is going insane and having reality warping abilities, even though she had none of that to deal with before.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 09-07-2021 at 08:51 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

And they have the aditional benefit of allowing people to see the future and Vision knows exactly how to use them but I also have the headcanon Wanda already used it and this is why it´s connected to her. Who knows, maybe there´s a bigger plan going on there.

A fandom as big as Wanda´s, especially now she is more active in the MCU, won´t agree on everything and that´s fair
    I mean, if not agree about HoM being bad, at least acknowledge some rather simple and direct facts like her long time absence.
    How they rationalize that as okay is up to them I guess.

I can not talk for other fans but I think if we are all Wanda fans they of course want to see more of her not less and that those 7 years of absence were of course not good for her character at all but as genericusername also said, that´s pretty much out of our hands as fans. Marvel decided for whatever reason to do that and it can´t be undone but we can look forward to seeing a better take on Wanda.

House of M wasnt bad at all. The bad thing was the consequences. and why those consequences happen (Fox rigths thingies)

I will say it did seem like Bendis had a personal thing against wanda imo. I mean he wrote disassembled to set up his House of M and then when he took over xmen people had moved from the wanda thing for the most part, sure it bother the fans still but the books weren't actively really mentioning for a bit until he took over and had teen Jean go all ham on wanda for what she did, which completely ripped the bandaid off of an unhealed wound. so it was like he was completely playing volleyball with character. So just from my personal perspective it did seem like he was going to put wanda down and make sure she stayed down.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Check out this week’s episode of What If…? To see Zombie Wanda. She is really good and scary.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    House of M wasnt bad at all. The bad thing was the consequences. and why those consequences happen (Fox rigths thingies)
    No it was definitely bad for Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I will say it did seem like Bendis had a personal thing against wanda imo. I mean he wrote disassembled to set up his House of M and then when he took over xmen people had moved from the wanda thing for the most part, sure it bother the fans still but the books weren't actively really mentioning for a bit until he took over and had teen Jean go all ham on wanda for what she did, which completely ripped the bandaid off of an unhealed wound. so it was like he was completely playing volleyball with character. So just from my personal perspective it did seem like he was going to put wanda down and make sure she stayed down.
    Don't forget, Remender's take on Wanda's situation. I think Bendis has responded a lot in his storylines and character interactions to Remender's socio-political blank spots. For me, Wanda as a character has been absolutely destroyed by Remender and I'm very much team Exodus.

Wanda.jpg

etc.

Was Jean ever wrong?

Wanda2.jpg
    Last edited by Exodus; 09-08-2021 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Don't forget, Remender's take on Wanda's situation. I think Bendis has responded a lot in his storylines and character interactions to Remender's socio-political blank spots. For me, Wanda as a character has been absolutely destroyed by Remender and I'm very much team Exodus.
    Oh remender definitely didn't do wanda any favors. She was on the unity team but made it very clear she was over what she had done, so from the jump there could be no real unity, then when you throw on top of that "Call me alex" by the most whitest of mutants, i think they even put an extra tint of blonde in his hair, and made his eyes pop even more blue, that was like a slap in the face to a lot of people and i could definitely see why. I don't get why they lean in on things like that so much, it's kind of crazy. Like the peanuit allergy thing, no one in editoral, no one on the team was like "This isn't the look we want." with a literal green gas going around like the world was in a concentration camp. It's really out of this world weird to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/