Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

We don't have confirmation that Pietro ever died and he's in this issue... Even old version of Wanda (if she is that) is not acting like herself. She's playing off like everything is fine too much. It's a ruse.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Idk if I'm stupid but I didn't understand a sh*t about this issue
    151330997_1144032769373812_1502778084976071516_n.jpg

I get that Mags acting like a madman is just Hope is controlling his powers right? Maybe Hope and the rest of The Five just resurrected Wanda without caring what the council said, a nod to what they did with Gabby in New Mutants, but it turned out wrong because the back-ups were old? And the real Wanda is still out there in the astral plane or in Krakoa's insides(?), or something. So the one that showed up at the end, is a clone with trimmed memories?

*sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post

I get that Mags acting like a madman is just Hope is controlling his powers right? Maybe Hope and the rest of The Five just resurrected Wanda without caring what the council said, a nod to what they did with Gabby in New Mutants, but it turned out wrong because the back-ups were old? And the real Wanda is still out there in the astral plane or in Krakoa's insides(?), or something. So the one that showed up at the end, is a clone with trimmed memories?

*sighs*
    Mags was acting weird towards Lorna in the last issue too. So it might be just how Leah sees that relationship. It's very odd though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post

*sighs*
    Hope is manipulating Magneto and possibly impersonating Wanda by copying Mystique's power. Why she's doing this remains unclear.

My guesses:

1. Buying time until Wanda gets revived by the Five
    2. Trying to draw out the real killer
    3. She is the killer/ trying to cover things up for the killer.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hope is not controlling Magneto's powers. His tirade and out of-the-blue admission to murdering Wanda seemed to be a diversion to prevent the Avengers from going further to view Wanda's remains because...there are no "remains" to view or take.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, it's kinda like the rest of her relationship in the X-side, writers kinda just assume there is a connection and what it is supposed to be without actually knowing the history.
    Pietro with Toad and Blob makes sense if Leah had been a fan of X-Men Evolution and that influenced her writing. Those versions of Toad and Blob, while not innocent, are certainly more sympathetic than the 616 versions. So I could see that inspiring the scene.

Though there is no explanation for Mastermind though.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Pietro with Toad and Blob makes sense if Leah had been a fan of X-Men Evolution and that influenced her writing. Those versions of Toad and Blob, while not innocent, are certainly more sympathetic than the 616 versions. So I could see that inspiring the scene.

Though there is no explanation for Mastermind though.
    I think that becomes the source of a lot of problems with the interpretations of the 616 versions of characters. People see cartoons or movies and think they were the same in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mags was acting weird towards Lorna in the last issue too. So it might be just how Leah sees that relationship. It's very odd though.
    In this issue he was acting very over the top, more than in the last one. I think he was either controlled by Hope, or acting like that on purpose to gain time for something that Hope told him.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Hope is manipulating Magneto and possibly impersonating Wanda by copying Mystique's power. Why she's doing this remains unclear.

My guesses:

OMG I really hope she is not the killer. What a weird twist would it be.

I think it'd be kinda lame if it was just an illusion/shapeshifting situation. Future solicits mention a "Wanda divided" and has a cover with another Wanda coming out of the central one. What happens when you resurrect someone but then they're alive (aka a dupe was created) is a theme that has yet to be explored and IIRC Leah has expressed interest in exploring it. So I really think that this is that old Wanda backup that they've talked about. Which is gonna be an issue because, besides other things, the "current" Wanda is apparently on the proccess of getting resurrected herself.

Now, they could say this one is an illusion AND resurrect the old version in another issue and therefore still do this exact plot I'm talking about. But I think it'd be a lot more interesting if this was already Wanda in a way, and we spent issue #3 with her already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post

My guesses:

I don’t think she is impersonating Wanda. The cerebro helmet being stolen seems to indicate that they resurrected Wanda.

So, I've decided to write down aaall my thoughts and theories about Trial:

I've been thinking for a while that we would get the issue of having two Wandas in this. Especially after the solicit for issue #4 dropped, which says "A divided Wanda cannot stand", and shows a cover with Wanda in the middle, another one on the side and then her clothes with Krakoan vines on the other. So, basically, the mentioned old backup of her would get resurrected through the protocols, but the current Wanda, that we see as a "spirit" or whatever narrating, would also get resurrected by Krakoa/herself/magic/all of the above.

I think this is what happened in issue #2 already, as that Wanda goes to kiss Vision as if they were still together. Now, that could also be an illusion by Hope or whatever, but even if that's the case, old backup Wanda getting resurrected is still something that could happen in another issue. think it'd be more interesting if this from #2 already was her though, and we got to spend issue #3 with her, meeting up with her Avengers friends, mutants, everything. So she's back at #3 already, but of course that there's a catch because this is not the only Wanda, and it is the real her but at the same time it kinda isn't as it's a dated version while the current one still exists somewhat.

In this whole situation, the symbolism of the #4 cover becomes obvious: Wanda, complete, at her core, in the middle, the krakoan vines with her clothes representing the Wanda that's being resurrected/healed by Krakoa, and the one in the bottom right, the old backup that's been through the protocols. Now, I read, I think here, that this old Wanda could become a husk that Wanda's spirit enters somehow. That seems like a way to avoid a full-on "two Wandas" drama, while still hinting at it I guess...

Now, to go further:

About the mutant status and the retcon. Now, if Wanda has been backed up by Cerebro during the time she was thought to be a mutant... The latest backup should be from during/before Axis. Since the backups are automated and Cerebro detected her because she and Pietro supposedly "tricked Cerebro" as Charles say, then maybe even to present day until/unless he manually "took her out the list". There is no reason why she would have been backed up only up to... Whatever time period the backup is (since that's unclear for now).

Unless, of course, we go to the already known theory that: Wanda is a mutant, who subconsciously retconned herself to be a human with her reality-altering powers. Basically, an opposite Franklin. Now, the most guessed time for that to have happened, would be the "No More Mutants" moment. But, if this backed-up Wanda turns out to be before Decimation as some have been guessing, then maybe, when she found out Magneto was her father? That happens in the "Vision & The Scarlet Witch" book. Perfect moment in Wanda's life where the first thing she'd do after coming back would be go to kiss Vision.

To finish my thoughts, a bonus thing to throw out, which I don't think it'll actually happen anyway because it could be too wild and/or full of plot holes: If this is Vision & Scarlet Witch Wanda (or even if it's House of M Wanda? I'm not sure)... She could have the life force. According to Children's Crusade she got it from Doom right before she made her children. Which could mean... She can undo Decimation? Now, the obvious problem is that it wouldn't be Wanda's original body... But magic is messy and unique and spiritual and everything.

Even if they don't use the whole lifeforce thing, cause no one ever acknowledges that, maybe this has to do with what's said in the Empyre tie-in. "Unless of course you can't live with it. Unless of course you won't." Maybe the spell is too ingrained in Wanda's existence, perhaps because of how she applied it to herself, and only with her death it could be undone. So if the Wanda that did it is dead, and the one living is in a body that never did it, then it could be fixed.

One of the reasons I'm speculating this at all is that the solicit says "A Wanda divided cannot stand... but there are many other things she can do". Maybe I'm delulu but first thing I thought she could do was undo M-Day. One of the reasons I think this is cause apparently Leah said she wants to make Wanda's relationship with mutants better, and also to make chaos magic a more positive thing for Wanda. The solicit then says "Chaos comes to Krakoa." though, so most likely, it's just gonna be about her freaking out, perhaps about finding out she's not a mutant, or just finding out EVERYTHING that goes on in her life. And then, spirit!Wanda of course, could come back and fix her "own" mess.

Is Wanda now a mutant?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, I've decided to write down aaall my thoughts and theories about Trial:

I've been thinking for a while that we would get the issue of having two Wandas in this. Especially after the solicit for issue #4 dropped, which says "A divided Wanda cannot stand", and shows a cover with Wanda in the middle, another one on the side and then her clothes with Krakoan vines on the other. So, basically, the mentioned old backup of her would get resurrected through the protocols, but the current Wanda, that we see as a "spirit" or whatever narrating, would also get resurrected by Krakoa/herself/magic/all of the above.

I think this is what happened in issue #2 already, as that Wanda goes to kiss Vision as if they were still together. Now, that could also be an illusion by Hope or whatever, but even if that's the case, old backup Wanda getting resurrected is still something that could happen in another issue. think it'd be more interesting if this from #2 already was her though, and we got to spend issue #3 with her, meeting up with her Avengers friends, mutants, everything. So she's back at #3 already, but of course that there's a catch because this is not the only Wanda, and it is the real her but at the same time it kinda isn't as it's a dated version while the current one still exists somewhat.

In this whole situation, the symbolism of the #4 cover becomes obvious: Wanda, complete, at her core, in the middle, the krakoan vines with her clothes representing the Wanda that's being resurrected/healed by Krakoa, and the one in the bottom right, the old backup that's been through the protocols. Now, I read, I think here, that this old Wanda could become a husk that Wanda's spirit enters somehow. That seems like a way to avoid a full-on "two Wandas" drama, while still hinting at it I guess...

Now, to go further:

About the mutant status and the retcon. Now, if Wanda has been backed up by Cerebro during the time she was thought to be a mutant... The latest backup should be from during/before Axis. Since the backups are automated and Cerebro detected her because she and Pietro supposedly "tricked Cerebro" as Charles say, then maybe even to present day until/unless he manually "took her out the list". There is no reason why she would have been backed up only up to... Whatever time period the backup is (since that's unclear for now).

Unless, of course, we go to the already known theory that: Wanda is a mutant, who subconsciously retconned herself to be a human with her reality-altering powers. Basically, an opposite Franklin. Now, the most guessed time for that to have happened, would be the "No More Mutants" moment. But, if this backed-up Wanda turns out to be before Decimation as some have been guessing, then maybe, when she found out Magneto was her father? That happens in the "Vision & The Scarlet Witch" book. Perfect moment in Wanda's life where the first thing she'd do after coming back would be go to kiss Vision.

To finish my thoughts, a bonus thing to throw out, which I don't think it'll actually happen anyway because it could be too wild and/or full of plot holes: If this is Vision & Scarlet Witch Wanda (or even if it's House of M Wanda? I'm not sure)... She could have the life force. According to Children's Crusade she got it from Doom right before she made her children. Which could mean... She can undo Decimation? Now, the obvious problem is that it wouldn't be Wanda's original body... But magic is messy and unique and spiritual and everything.

Even if they don't use the whole lifeforce thing, cause no one ever acknowledges that, maybe this has to do with what's said in the Empyre tie-in. "Unless of course you can't live with it. Unless of course you won't." Maybe the spell is too ingrained in Wanda's existence, perhaps because of how she applied it to herself, and only with her death it could be undone. So if the Wanda that did it is dead, and the one living is in a body that never did it, then it could be fixed.

One of the reasons I'm speculating this at all is that the solicit says "A Wanda divided cannot stand... but there are many other things she can do". Maybe I'm delulu but first thing I thought she could do was undo M-Day. One of the reasons I think this is cause apparently Leah said she wants to make Wanda's relationship with mutants better, and also to make chaos magic a more positive thing for Wanda. The solicit then says "Chaos comes to Krakoa." though, so most likely, it's just gonna be about her freaking out, perhaps about finding out she's not a mutant, or just finding out EVERYTHING that goes on in her life. And then, spirit!Wanda of course, could come back and fix her "own" mess.
    Wanda retconned herself into not being a mutant in Axis. She was angry Magneto wanted to stop her from murdering Doom and she cast a spell to strike down her family. At that point Quicksilver got knocked out and it was when Wanda declared herself not Magneto’s daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Wanda retconned herself into not being a mutant in Axis. She was angry Magneto wanted to stop her from murdering Doom and she cast a spell to strike down her family. At that point Quicksilver got knocked out and it was when Wanda declared herself not Magneto’s daughter.
    That would work perfectly, but if you want to make sense of the backup situation where the backup is super old and not from right before Axis, then it has to be before.