Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I love that it's always perceived like the x-side writers were forced at gun point to go along with AD/HoM when they were just events plotted out from the mandate to fuel writers' ideas for future stories.
    I’m not saying they were forced I’m saying Wanda is the scapegoat for their anger and negative writing she gets in comics.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Her being in ToM also doesn't necessarily mean she'll get used more after. That's fan hopes and nothing they promised.
    That’s mostly what any fans have for their favorite characters is hope. If I didn’t have hope things would turn around for Wanda in comics I’d have never gotten into comic books just to see Wanda and a few others shine.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I believe ToM is meant to put the bashing for Decimation to rest. If Wanda comes out a mutant or not, personally prefer her a mutant to undo a politics induced retcon, x-books can mention her in a more positive and helpful tone. So no I don’t think they won’t come up with something else to make Wanda screw up since the only reason for the negativity is due to a decades old story. The only reason writers in X-books treat her like that is because she was the plot device of Marvel’s mandate to decrease the mutant population and in the years since they never properly addressed that and as others have mentioned never gave Wanda a chance to truly fix it and held her down for the longest.
    At the very least I shall get my peace and quiet, I hope X-franchise stop dragging her period after ToM no matter how that turned out, even if they feel like using Wanda, simply don't make her and Magneto a package deal and act like their relationship is the most important thing ever, it's not, it's low in the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    That’s mostly what any fans have for their favorite characters is hope. If I didn’t have hope things would turn around for Wanda in comics I’d have never gotten into comic books just to see Wanda and a few others shine.
    I wait and see what they do first before buying and reading. Because writers' ideas and fans' desires rarely are the same. Even when they say they are a fan of a certain character. Because that usually just means they see all the ways they can break them down and dissect them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Known good sources on the internet say the Scarlet Witch will fight someone from the Fox Universe and Sony Unibwrse. Who do you think she will fight? Phoenix/Jean or Magneto?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Known good sources on the internet say the Scarlet Witch will fight someone from the Fox Universe and Sony Unibwrse. Who do you think she will fight? Phoenix/Jean or Magneto?
    Neither. It's Victor VonDoom.

Daniel RPK isn't really a good source. He's more like a throw it against the wall and hope it sticks type.

Extraordinary Member

No one, Fox-Men should be buried for good. The only thing worse than tying her to X-franchise in MCU is tying her to the failed version on top of that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    No one, Fox-Men should be buried for good. The only thing worse than tying her to X-franchise in MCU is tying her to the failed version on top of that.
    I believe Wanda's name already appeared as an Easter egg in X2 in 2003, that would be about 11 years before her tease in Winter Solider. Additionally The Fox films will never now be buried because MCU will use it for their Multiverse stuff, and they know the hype MCU will get if actors like Michael Fassbender or Ian Mckellen should return.

they have already tried to test the waters by bringing in the Quicksilver (Evan Peters) from the Fox movies, who again, for some odd reasons always keep stealing the show as he did in Wanavsion and MCU has told fans, he will just may well be back. In hindsight, I would rather seen Wanda in the DOFP film not The little girl Quicksilver was holding, whose name we don't know since it was never confirmed she was Polaris

Additionally, I would much rather have seen Wanda's character in a film like X-MEN First Class, where she will be in a drama driven adult themed movie than the Disney kid friendly safe action comedy style of the MCU ,there she does not do much or had any substance because unlike some Fox films, MCU waters down comic book characters and their stories, even in Wandvsion, she was still quite Watered down. X-MEN Evolution handled her trauma better because it did not need force in the MCU Disney comedy.

Wanda was always miscast as an Avenger. She would have been better off as a central very complex female character led film the way Mystique was in DOFP movie. In fact, she already played this kind role in X-MEN Evolution and was a great addition to show. Who brought a different kind of girl power than Jean Grey or Rogue.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-26-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I believe Wanda's name already appeared as an Easter egg in X2 in 2003, that would be about 11 years before her tease in Winter Solider. Additionally The Fox films will never now be buried because MCU will use it for their Multiverse stuff, and they know the hype MCU will get if actors like Michael Fassbender or Ian Mckellen should return.

they have already tried to test the waters by bringing in the Quicksilver (Evan Peters) from the Fox movies, who again, for some odd reasons always keep stealing the show as he did in Wanavsion and MCU has told fans, he will just may well be back. In hindsight, I would rather seen Wanda in the DOFP film not The little girl Quicksilver was holding, whose name we don't know since it was never confirmed she was Polaris

Additionally, I would much rather have seen Wanda's character in a film like X-MEN First Class, where she will be in a drama driven adult themes appealing movie than the Disney kid friendly safe action comedy style of the MCU ,there she does not do much or had any substance because unlike some Fox films, MCU water downs comic book characters and their stories, even in Wandvsion, she was still quite Watered down. X-MEN Evolution handled her truama better because it did not need force in the MCU Disney comedy.

Wanda was always miscast as an Avenger. She would have been better off as a central very complex female character led film the way Mystique was in DOFP movie. In fact, she already played this kind role in X-MEN Evolution and was a great addition to show. Who brought a different kind of girl power than Jean Grey or Rogue.
    Oh I just watched X-Men United & their is indeed a Wanda easter egg in the movie when Mystique is looking for Mags prison her & Pietro are listed by name as prisoners.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Oh I just watched X-Men United & their is indeed a Wanda easter egg in the movie when Mystique is looking for Mags prison her & Pietro are listed by name as prisoners.
    Yes that was the Easter egg. it goes so fast though, you would have had to have watched the film many times to spot it, but as I said, would have loved to her seen her in DOFP.

I have actually noticed that people just want to see Elizabeth Olsen (Wanda) and Michael Fassbender (Magneto) together in marvel movies as father-daughter. I for one have never been that into the connected movies by force movement, The recent Spiderman :No Way Home Trailer, did come off a little trying too hard, but I can understand the exception here, because for many comic fans, the twins will always be Magneto's kids and one of the best part of DOFP was Pietro heavily implying Magneto was his father.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-26-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Additionally, I would much rather have seen Wanda's character in a film like X-MEN First Class, where she will be in a drama driven adult themed movie than the Disney kid friendly safe action comedy style of the MCU ,there she does not do much or had any substance because unlike some Fox films, MCU waters down comic book characters and their stories, even in Wandvsion, she was still quite Watered down. X-MEN Evolution handled her trauma better because it did not need force in the MCU Disney comedy.

She was definitely not miscast as an Avenger. She became quickly one of the favorite characters of those books and ended up one of the most consistent serving members next to Wasp and Vision. The cartoons over-exaggerated her role on the x-side.

BANNED

She was definitely not miscast as an Avenger. She became quickly one of the favorite characters of those books and ended up one of the most consistent serving members next to Wasp and Vision. .

Miscast may have been a quite misguided word, since anyone can be an Avenger but a person like Wanda would have been more suited in the X-MEN universe. The soap opera more complicated story arcs, progression of powers and many times X-MEN been more grounded with reality would have fitted her more than the always saving the world Avenger thing.

Wanda belongs more in the ranks of Emma Frost, Xavier, Legion, Nate Grey, Phoenix, Psylocke and Cable even if she has never been classified as a psychic.

The cartoons over-exaggerated her role on the x-side
    No I don't think the cartoon over-exaggerated it, maybe wolverine and the xmen did but not xmen evolution. Wanda was more unleashed in evolution because even in a xmen cartoon, you know you are getting more meat and drama than a standard MCU movie.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-26-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Miscast may have been a quite misguided word, since anyone can be an Avenger but a person like Wanda would have been more suited in the X-MEN universe. The soap opera more complicated story arcs, progression of powers and many times X-MEN been more grounded with reality would have fitted her more than the always saving the world Avenger thing.

Wanda belongs more in the ranks of Emma Frost, Xavier, Legion, Nate Grey, Phoenix, Psylocke and Cable even if she has never been classified as a psychic.

No I don't think the cartoon over-exaggerated it, maybe wolverine and the xmen did but not xmen evolution. Wanda was more unleased in evolution because even in a xmen cartoon, you know you are getting more meat and drama than a standard MCU movie.
    I mean, she was only in UXM for 9 issues and in the stories in the x-cartoons for longer, so yeah it was exaggerated. It's why a lot of people have this misconception that she was an X-character and not an Avengers one. Because they grew up watching those cartoons.

X-side isn't the only one allowed to have characters with complicated arcs and powers. And they factually don't. That'd be boring.

I don't think I'd consider Wanda grounded with reality either. She was steeped in fantasy more. She was someone who was blessed with the powers of an elder god, wanted to be a singer and actress, married a synthetic man, had magical babies... she's as far away from the ground as you could get.

Can we keep MCU hate out of this thread? Please? You have plenty of other threads.