Page 23 of 87 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Nah a wanderer who goes where she feels like even if it’s hostile territory
    Then she should not feel like going to X-franchise lol, is Wanda dumb or something?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Yeah, that’s kinda what happened.

Anyways, a lot of Wanda-fan negativity regarding her possible future in the X-Franchise doesn’t stem from AD or HoM directly. It stems from the constant stories portraying her as a monster. It comes from the stories that said what she did affected the multiverse. It comes from “the Pretender” and Hickman portraying her as a bumbling fool and having Strange talk down to her for basically doing the same thing he’d recently done.

It also comes from the way her fans were treated, on forums such as these, by predominantly X-Men fans.

If she has a positive future with the X-Men? I say bring it on. But to not understand why a good portion of her fans are tepid, at best…idk what to tell you. I can’t make you see my POV.
    I would argue her current status is more of less the consequence of AD/HOM.
    Losing her Avengers mainstay status and have her X-ties over-emphasized really put her character in the danger of getting completely reworked to suit the ideal of the very public impression some Wanda fans dread.
    Or say it's not enough she lost her own home, she is at the mercy of a franchise that more or less use her as narrative resources and fuel.

Even if her future is perfectly fine and good in X-Men, is the content really what I wanted? Not to mention the possibility of her past history being buried for good in public memory.(Yeah, it's kinda already done, but I hope some MCU mystical side promotion and maybe some media recognition will actually make Wanda's major part of character known to more people. Basically, if most of her content is with Avengers, I want people to acknowledge her as an Avengers character, and demand her presence in Avengers/Mystical related media when the time comes, instead of shouting oh Magneto's daughter all day and treated like Avengers side chick to Widow/Carol when she is one of the main ones.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Then she should not feel like going to X-franchise lol, is Wanda dumb or something?
    To be fair, classic Avengers Wanda was almost comically danger prone.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    She started coming into her own in the bronze age.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I mean, dangerous in a meta way that the literal franchise is against you? That is just another level of danger, but again Wanda is not 4th wallbreaking so she will not be aware I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Yeah, that’s kinda what happened.

Anyways, a lot of Wanda-fan negativity regarding her possible future in the X-Franchise doesn’t stem from AD or HoM directly. It stems from the constant stories portraying her as a monster. It comes from the stories that said what she did affected the multiverse. It comes from “the Pretender” and Hickman portraying her as a bumbling fool and having Strange talk down to her for basically doing the same thing he’d recently done.

It also comes from the way her fans were treated, on forums such as these, by predominantly X-Men fans.

If she has a positive future with the X-Men? I say bring it on. But to not understand why a good portion of her fans are tepid, at best…idk what to tell you. I can’t make you see my POV.
    It's true. Some X-Fans are too hard on Wanda and hateful towars her to an extent that it becomes concerning (with the "pretender" stuff it became worse). I've always empathized with her and her fans because they handled her horribly in HoM and after HoM, mostly used as a plot device in storylines like Children's Crusade or AvX. She deserved better.

This is the fastest growing thread on the X-Men board. Wanda clearly needs to hang around the x-titles, as she provokes so much discussion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Lol, if fame makes it right, all the more power MCU then. I want to see MCU Wanda lore taking over and erase her x-ties in its entirety lol.
    Seriously, everyone only knowing her as Mag's kid is the fucking problem, she got fucked over by AD/HoM so hard that a tiny portion of her histiory ended up becoming representive of her, doesn't mean it is right though. I am for fixing that problem.
    Ironically here is the catch, MCU literally has no interest in erasing it. I just said on another thread that MCU can only survive in trying to connect everything together. this is why they could not help but but bring in Evan Peters.

everyone only knowing her as Mag's kid is the fucking problem, she got fucked over by AD/HoM so hard that a tiny portion of her histiory ended up becoming representive of her, doesn't mean it is right though. I am for fixing that problem.
    Actually everyone knows the opposite of what you said, this is the reason, everyone tends to votes by 90% that the twins stay his kids, LMAO. Additionally, her been Magneto daughter, gave her more dimension as a character. She became a better person beyond her father's messed up legacy of evil.

the problem was created when marvel tried to cut the ties for movie rights reasons, which was never going to fly with fans, and ironically, did not even fly with many MCU fans. It is usually MCU fans that do memes of photoshopping Fassbender and Elizabeth Olsen.

It's been 7 years, Wanda and Pitero have pretty been much generic superhero characters on the Avengers books, once they lost their ties to Magneto. they went from being the Luke and Leia of Marvel universe, to disposable comic book characters.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-27-2021 at 10:01 AM.

So is the other Wanda thread this polarized too or is it just an X-Boards thing?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    This is the fastest growing thread on the X-Men board. Wanda clearly needs to hang around the x-titles, as she provokes so much discussion.
    Well she's currently featured in a book from the x-side... i guess people want to discuss her fate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    This thread would have outpaced her appreciation thread on the marvel forum, LMAO. Clearly there is a lot to say about Wanda after nearly 7 years of marvel trying to force us to pretend, she was never really part of the X Mythos. lol marvel. okay.

Also the myth needs to stop that many X-MEN fans hate her. The whole argument that she never paid the price of the no more mutant stuff was bad writing from MARVEL, over the last few years many have taking the idea that xmen fans calling marvel out on that, meant they hated Wanda.

In XMEN stories, characters work hard for their redemption, I guess in Avengers they just move in the next new story and not remember much.

BANNED

I’m an X-Man fan and I love Wanda. They are now saying Wanda will bring some of the Fox X-Men to MCU and that she is the main villain in Dr. Strange 2.

So Wanda is going to be the key to bring mutants around or over. It makes sense, going through her Wanda’s barrier multiple times mutated Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    So is the other Wanda thread this polarized too or is it just an X-Boards thing?
    Yeah. In the other Wanda thread, we have people saying it’s ok for MCU Wanda to have forced people out of their homes, or they should’ve just stayed and suffered and shut up.

Spectacular Member

Wanda is one of my five favorite Marvel characters (the others being Cyclops, Jean Grey, Quicksilver, and Black Cat). All of my faves have had a period of editorially mandated screwing over. Considering they managed to right the Black Cat ship after what they did with her, I have faith that ToM will end well for Wanda.

With the right writer there is potential for a character in any part of Marvel. Wanda on the Avengers. Wanda on the X-Men. Wanda on the Fantastic Four. Wanda with the Defenders. Wanda with the Midnight Sons. Wanda with the Inhumans. Wanda deciding to open a magical tea parlor could be compelling with the right writer and no editorial mandates that are harmful to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Wanda is one of my five favorite Marvel characters (the others being Cyclops, Jean Grey, Quicksilver, and Black Cat). All of my faves have had a period of editorially mandated screwing over. Considering they managed to right the Black Cat ship after what they did with her, I have faith that ToM will end well for Wanda.

With the right writer there is potential for a character in any part of Marvel. Wanda on the Avengers. Wanda on the X-Men. Wanda on the Fantastic Four. Wanda with the Defenders. Wanda with the Midnight Sons. Wanda with the Inhumans. Wanda deciding to open a magical tea parlor could be compelling with the right writer and no editorial mandates that are harmful to the character.
    Yeah I hope the mandates that damage her stop. At the very least stop that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.