Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Lee and Kirby said she was a Salem witch. She’s a Salem witch, unless you believe you are more of an authority on the Marvel Universe than they were.

Connect the dots, people. Don’t be passive readers. It’s fiction. Not gospel.
    She was a Salem witch but she is not originally from Salem nor is her magic demonic of any nature that is associated with Salem witches real or fiction. Plus and this is a side note she is just as old if not older than Apocalypse.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Covetous_One isn't the authority on the Marvel universe, but Marvel is, and they wrote Agatha as being older than Atlantis. You definitely don't determine the lore.

Don't tell others to not be passive readers when you haven't even taken the first steps. This must be a joke.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Thank you.
    You are welcome. <3
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I am of Romani descent. And like I said earlier, Roma in the region Wanda grew up in were mostly Muslim. She likely grew up Muslim. The things on Wundagore don't have to do with religion but science by the High Evolutionary. No we didn't try to go along to get along, we were often forced to convert....

Wanda was never Jewish anything. Like I said, you don't have to make up bs to argue against it. She just wasn't. Remender made an honest mistake.

I didn't say I blamed you for anything. Jack and Stan also didn't make her a devil worshipper. The "implications" are made up by you.
    I disagree about Wanda’s Muslim background.

The fictional Transia and Wundagore are presented in the fictional Marvel Universe as bordering Romania and Serbia.

Romania has, basically, no Muslim population.

Serbia, as followers of current and recent horrific events know, has only a small Muslim minority.

The Romani in those countries are in the large majority Christian. I can’t say none of them would be Muslim in Serbia, but it would be a small minority, a minority of a minority.

Transia is NOT depicted as Albania. It is depicted as a Slavic country, though perhaps with some Germanic influences through Central Europe, not a melting pot of past Greek and Ottoman conquests.

The Knights of Wundagore were depicted as knights because the High Evolutionary was emulating heroes of his childhood past and that fictional nation’s past. Again, this argues against a significant Muslim population in the fictional nation of Transia. If the Romani were Muslim in Transia, that would have been like the High Evolutionary building his mountain in Harlem and naming his animal-men the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan of Wundagore. The High Evolutionary is usually presented as a complex, even amoral baddie, but he’s not ever been depicted as totally evil like that.

Thus, no matter your own personal ethnicity, the Romani in Transia would likely be Christian, as the vast majority of Romani are. But they have never specified that Transia’s Romani are any religion. So, think what you want.

As for Wanda and her Jewishness, her dad’s Jewish. It’s an understandable mistake on Remender’s part for not knowing how that worked, unless it really is Marvel canon. But then if she’s a Jew, it would be ridiculous for her to be involved with witchery. Jews simply don’t believe in that stuff.

By the way, that’s also an argument based on typical ethnicities against Magda being a Muslim. Not many Jews marry Muslims, and not many Muslims marry Jews. Christian and Jewish intermarriage is much more common.

Anyway, Wanda’s a Chthonic Devil worshipper now.

She was a Salem witch but she is not originally from Salem nor is her magic demonic of any nature that is associated with Salem witches real or fiction. Plus and this is a side note she is just as old if not older than Apocalypse.
    If she was a Salem witch, then she is specifically a Devil worshipper, because that’s what they confessed and were convicted of worshipping.

Look, real life, the Salem witches were simply victims of mass hysteria. They were Puritans too.

But if they were real — which they were not — then they’d be Devil worshippers because that’s what they confessed to and were convicted of being.

Funny y'all discussing this someone dropped this in my discord group about Wanda today I thought it was hysterical!

BANNED

Except for the ones in Salem, MA, who quite specifically confessed and/or were convicted of worshipping Satan.

I look at the history of the American colonies, and I see mass hysteria and out-of-control Puritanism. That’s the real history.

But if it were true — as Agatha is supposed to be one of the Salem witches — then Agatha’s particular form of witchery is cavorting with the Devil. Wanda’s her student, already possessed of Cthohnic energies. Ergo, Wanda’s a Satanist on steroids, with connections to Lovercraftian “elder gods.” If you follow the dots to their logical conclusion, Wanda follows the left-handed path.
    Those women in real life executed by witch trials were often women with mental
    Illness or otherwise misfits. Calling someone a Satanist was the quickest way to get unwanted people killed. These people were not devil worshippers. The true evil was the “Christians” that were murdering people. At the time of the Salem witch trials the Catholic Church in the Spanish and Portuguese empures killed Jews, Muslims, heretics, alleged witches, among others. So who is the true “evil” here?

These murderers don’t have powers like Agatha or Wanda. If they did, OMG.

If she was a Salem witch, then she is specifically a Devil worshipper, because that’s what they confessed and were convicted of worshipping.

Look, real life, the Salem witches were simply victims of mass hysteria. They were Puritans too.

But if they were real — which they were not — then they’d be Devil worshippers because that’s what they confessed to and were convicted of being.
    That’s due to Puritans being of the Christian faith and the only other power they believed caused unnatural things to occur was the Devil. So Salem witches where forced and tortured to admit that they got powers from the devil. Even with centuries of mysticism that held beliefs in spirits of the natural world and cosmos good, bad, or neutral

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Those women in real life executed by witch trials were often women with mental
    Illness or otherwise misfits. Calling someone a Satanist was the quickest way to get unwanted people killed. These people were not devil worshippers. The true evil was the “Christians” that were murdering people. At the time of the Salem witch trials the Catholic Church in the Spanish and Portuguese empures killed Jews, Muslims, heretics, alleged witches, among others. So who is the true “evil” here?

These murderers don’t have powers like Agatha or Wanda. If they did, OMG.
    I don’t think the historical record is clear that the majority of the Salem witch trial victims were even mentally ill. They were just victims of a Christian, Puritanical mass hysteria. While there’s some question about the mental state of some of the young women initially accused, most of those tried were just plain tortured by a monstrous system of “justice.”

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Stop gentrifying the Mutant Forums. Go back to the Marvel Forum, asshat.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I’m serious I don’t want this Pretender or any of the controversy slaves messing up our way of life around here. This bitch isn’t a mutant, not an XMan, nothing. An Avnger cheese plate or whatever they eat is FOR HER away from US. This is all the outrage im giving this situation before I appeal to the Board of Moderators.
    *clutches pearls feverishly*

That’s due to Puritans being of the Christian faith and the only other power they believed caused unnatural things to occur was the Devil. So Salem witches where forced and tortured to admit that they got powers from the devil. Even with centuries of mysticism that held beliefs in spirits of the natural world and cosmos good, bad, or neutral
    In real life, the victims were Puritans themselves. They were not some pagans. They were victims of mass hysteria.

If they were real — like in the Marvel Universe — then they would have been Devil worshippers, because that’s what these people would have believed at the time. There wasn’t some alternative, new-age religion in colonial Massachusetts. There was Christ or the Devil amongst the Puritans. That’s all it would have been.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I’m serious I don’t want this Pretender or any of the controversy slaves messing up our way of life around here. This bitch isn’t a mutant, not an XMan, nothing. An Avnger cheese plate or whatever they eat is FOR HER away from US. This is all the outrage im giving this situation before I appeal to the Board of Moderators.
    Hopefully, she'll be a mutant again soon. But even if she isn't, she still has a history associated with mutants and is in an X-comic currently.

Also, I'd love a Blu Ray release of X-Men Evolution. I loved their take on Wanda.

Stop gentrifying the Mutant Forums. Go back to the Marvel Forum, asshat.
    Love this, LOL!

I love the internet