Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I do hope it finally ends that chapter. And yes, MCU stuff and Darkhold (so far) are reasons to be positive.

The new Midnight Suns game less so it seems. Seems like she's gonna be possessed in that too. Caused by Lilith and her Chthon obsession. >_>
    I don´t play games but I saw part of the story it looks interesting, at first I was dissapointed to see Logan there but no Wanda, like I love wolvie but he doesn´t need to be on everything imo so I am happy to hear Wanda is there even if she´s possesed, hopefully she will be released at some point of the story and fight Lillith and Chthon as well.

This is also something that I hope Darkhold changes, because in most of her stories with Chton she gets possesed and has to be saved by her friends, Darkhold will be the first time we see her as an active character in the fight agaisnt Chthon so I hope this becomes a tendency in future stories.

I don´t think Wanda would have invited to thanksgiving with her friends and inmediate family a person she saw just as a "sperm donor" like it´s been quite a part of her story that she´s conflicted about him but no indiferent. Not even with the retcon, part of the reason she searched more about her mom and Dad and her series was because she still had conflicting feelings towards Magneto, which she talked with Agatha. So conflicted? definitely, indifferent? not, really and Pietro was pretty much the same in his own series.

I think so far Remender was on point when it comes to her conflictive feelings over Magneto, it was clear he had a lot of ideas about it but didn´t develop them because marvel asked him to write the retcon and still he left a big out with Vision knowing Wanda´s "real story" but keeping it a secret for her own peace of mind.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-07-2021 at 04:30 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I saw someone say that the Vision relationship was more abusive than Wonder Man and that weirds me out. Like they had problems but it wasn't THAT bad. And I think comics only gave them those problems for drama. And because Byrne hated the relationship. I love the MCU version of Wanda. It has it's problems, sure. But so far I don't have too many issues. And I like movie Vision more. Comics Vision did become a big jerk at times (especially how he treated Jocasta). But movie version seems to be pretty chill.

I also don't think Wanda shouldn't be in the X-books ever. I just don't think her narrative should be controlled by it. It's too bad that she's not like Wolverine where she can be everywhere even while dead. But I'll take her being in Darkhold set before her death at the very least. Hopefully she fairs better there.
    It's basically a bandwagon imo. A couple of people who have a take start spreading a narrative, then all their friends and followers do the same, then the friends/followers of those, and suddenly it's a super popular take. I think it makes no sense to call Vision abusive when the only times he was mean to her was when he literally lost his emotions, and when he understandably was pissed at what she did on Disassembled.

The MCU thing is, honestly, a mix of performative activism + comic book fans acting like the MCU is this nightmare who tarnishes the name of the comics. They bring up the whitewashing, and Olsen say the gword (and some the jewishness), and while those are valid criticisms it's really hard for me to believe most of those people really care about that, or at least not to the point where that in itself would be enough to feel that liking MCU Wanda as fan of her in the comics is such an egregious thing that asks for vitriol and ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's basically a bandwagon imo. A couple of people who have a take start spreading a narrative, then all their friends and followers do the same, then the friends/followers of those, and suddenly it's a super popular take. I think it makes no sense to call Vision abusive when the only times he was mean to her was when he literally lost his emotions, and when he understandably was pissed at what she did on Disassembled.

The MCU thing is, honestly, a mix of performative activism + comic book fans acting like the MCU is this nightmare who tarnishes the name of the comics. They bring up the whitewashing, and Olsen say the gword (and some the jewishness), and while those are valid criticisms it's really hard for me to believe most of those people really care about that, or at least not to the point where that in itself would be enough to feel that liking MCU Wanda as fan of her in the comics is such an egregious thing that asks for vitriol and ridicule.
    Yeah it's entirely possible that a number of those posts come from people just wanting to stir up trouble. I wish she had been cast as Romani. It didn't happen and it hardly ever happens in Hollywood. The only time in my memory it did was in Losers as far as comics movies are concerned. I just am thankful it's bred some life and popularity into the character. I just wish it'd protect her a bit so she can break out of the possessed, killed or cast aside rut.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I don't know if gatekeeping is the term or not, but it does feel like there's this kind of element in Wanda's fandom. And there are even different types. In some circles, you'd be burned at the stake if you're a fan of her MCU version. And usually among those there is those who say her relationship with Vision was abusive and anyone who likes it is supporting toxic relationships. I guess there are some who are really about the Magnus family thing and say that those who aren't and don't totally ignore the retcon are erasing her jewish identity... Here on CBR it's basically just the opposite of that, a lot of people all against her being a mutant/Magneto's daughter.
    Yes I have seen those arguments too and my pov is that people are more attached to the idea of her having a "jewish identitity" than with her actual comic story and it´s also a cheap shot they can send to MCU Wanda who´s clearly not jewish but being fair, other than genetically when she was related to Magneto, she never has tried to think on his link to him as a jewish identity, this is definitely a plot point marvel could develop some day, I doubt it will happen but it would be interesting if they did. Still she´s not really been a jewish character in comics.

On the magnus family link, yes I definitely like it, I think it brings something different to the characters involved but it also can be a source of problems for the characters especially when writers want to use it for cheap drama but a well thought out story between them would be quite fascinating imo.

I understand why a character like her, with many origins, retcons, adaptations and cultural backgrounds is divisive and has a lot of different fans. I think it's fine for people to have different takes. But it's all about the attitude. And sometimes people are hellbent on saying that their side is the correct one and have this air of arrogance that anyone who doesn't see this clear truth it's a dumbass or a fake fan. It's one thing to have discussions/arguments. But you don't need to create one every time someone who thinks differently merely expresses their point of view. Sometimes people will say something that's not really invitation for an argument at all but people will feel the need to randomly come at them. And most of the time it's stuff that has already been said... Multiple times, and sometimes even between the same people, usually in the same thread. It's reductive, and it's tiring.
    Yes, I don´t like this either. Sometimes it really is better to agree to disagree.

For one, with this thread being in the X-Books forum (and not the only Wanda thread but an alterate one), which in itself is kinda taking the stand of considering her a character related to the franchise, I think it'd be nice and logical not to use this for the "Wanda should NEVER be in any x-books and mutant-related stories or the X-Office or close to Magneto EVER!" rethoric.
    Agreed
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t play games but I saw part of the story it looks interesting, at first I was dissapointed to see Logan there but no Wanda, like I love wolvie but he doesn´t need to be on everything imo so I am happy to hear Wanda is there even if she´s possesed, hopefully she will be released at some point of the story and fight Lillith and Chthon as well.

This is also something that I hope Darkhold changes, because in most of her stories with Chton she gets possesed and has to be saved by her friends, Darkhold will be the first time we see her as an active character in the fight agaisnt Chthon so I hope this becomes a tendency in future stories.

I don´t think Wanda would have invited to thanksgiving with her friends and inmediate family a person she saw just as a "sperm donor" like it´s been quite a part of her story that she´s conflicted about him but no indiferent. Not even with the retcon, part of the reason she searched more about her mom and Dad and her series was because she still had conflicting feelings towards Magneto, which she talked with Agatha. So conflicted? definitely, indifferent? not, really and Pietro was pretty much the same in his own series.

I think so far Remender was on point when it comes to her conflictive feelings over Magneto, it was clear he had a lot of ideas about it but didn´t develop them because marvel asked him to write the retcon and still he left a big out with Vision knowing Wanda´s "real story" but keeping it a secret for her own peace of mind.
    Well it depends on what era you talk about Wanda with in regards to how she feels about Mags. You can pull from different decades and her reaction goes from wanting to give him a second chance to hating him for life. So it can really run the gambit. Right now it seems like that she's willing to give him another chance. Hopefully he doesn't blow it.

I think the conflicted part is most accurate. She hasn't been close to him. Has kept him at arms length. But has given him enough rope to hang himself at times, lol.

I really just need for her to finally defeat Chthon. She needs to take her rightful place as being the strongest to wield chaos magic, lol. I'm tired of the possession stories. I know they are a long standing comics trope, but I'm just done. She needs to be able to freely read from the Darkhold too.

I did like in her show that she is the legend in the Darkhold and they gave her the magical girl transformation. She didn't learn about her powers by being possessed and controlled. She made a huge mistake and hopefully this time they let her make up for it. And don't just turn her into a villain in the MCU or plot device. So apprehensively hopeful it turns out better than comics.

BANNED

He was never abusive to her, really. They had some arguments. Because the MCU has made them a popular couple, then you have people who deliberately want to start drama who then decide they had the most abusive marriage ever.

Well it depends on what era you talk about Wanda with in regards to how she feels about Mags. You can pull from different decades and her reaction goes from wanting to give him a second chance to hating him for life. So it can really run the gambit. Right now it seems like that she's willing to give him another chance. Hopefully he doesn't blow it.

I think the conflicted part is most accurate. She hasn't been close to him. Has kept him at arms length. But has given him enough rope to hang himself at times, lol.
    Yes conflicted is the best word for it, that was my take with her on the original Scarlet witch and Vision story, Busiek run, Dark seduction, HoM, AvX, Uncanny Avengers, etc.

So far I think she tried once back when she had her family to give him a chance, other times it was just circunstances leading them to interact again, not really a willing intention on both their parts, so SWORD may be officially the second time she gives him a chance but with ToM I am not so sure, like there´s a confirmation two or more Wanda´s are around so I will wait and see how ToM ends before getting excited right now I am mad Williams decided it was ok to send Lorna and Magneto relationship under a bus so there´s a possibility she will do the same with Wanda and Magneto which I would hate.

I really just need for her to finally defeat Chthon. She needs to take her rightful place as being the strongest to wield chaos magic, lol. I'm tired of the possession stories. I know they are a long standing comics trope, but I'm just done. She needs to be able to freely read from the Darkhold too.
    I definitely think this will happen, she had to read from the book to give the other heros a way to go and fight Chthon so yes, it looks like she has some invulnerability to it, at least stronger than other characters. I am also excited to see a magical fight between her and Dr Doom.

I did like in her show that she is the legend in the Darkhold and they gave her the magical girl transformation. She didn't learn about her powers by being possessed and controlled. She made a huge mistake and hopefully this time they let her make up for it. And don't just turn her into a villain in the MCU or plot device. So apprehensively hopeful it turns out better than comics.
    Yes I heard the rumors she was probably be an antagonist on MoM but I don´t think she will be a villain, if that makes sense, more like I think she will go looking for her children and the multiverse will be affected for that and that´s when she comes in conflict with Dr Strange but at the end I could see her join the others to bring the multiverse back under control, like she did on Wandavision.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    He was never abusive to her, really. They had some arguments. Because the MCU has made them a popular couple, then you have people who deliberately want to start drama who then decide they had the most abusive marriage ever.
    If people want to read abusive into a relationship. They should read that Wonder Man comic from the 90s. That was pretty bad.

Yes conflicted is the best word for it, that was my take with her on the original Scarlet witch and Vision story, Busiek run, Dark seduction, HoM, AvX, Uncanny Avengers, etc.

So far I think she tried once back when she had her family to give him a chance, other times it was just circunstances leading them to interact again, not really a willing intention on both their parts, so SWORD may be officially the second time she gives him a chance but with ToM I am not so sure, like there´s a confirmation two or more Wanda´s are around so I will wait and see how ToM ends before getting excited right now I am mad Williams decided it was ok to send Lorna and Magneto relationship under a bus so there´s a possibility she will do the same with Wanda and Magneto which I would hate.

I definitely think this will happen, she had to read from the book to give the other heros a way to go and fight Chthon so yes, it looks like she has some invulnerability to it, at least stronger than other characters. I am also excited to see a magical fight between her and Dr Doom.

Yes I heard the rumors she was probably be an antagonist on MoM but I don´t think she will be a villain, if that makes sense, more like I think she will go looking for her children and the multiverse will be affected for that and that´s when she comes in conflict with Dr Strange but at the end I could see her join the others to bring the multiverse back under control, like she did on Wandavision.
    I don't know what to believe of movie rumors. Because they are usually touch and go. And everyone is just trying to be the first one with scoops for clicks. So I'll just wait and hope it works out for her in the end. And that I at least get some good merchandise to collect from it.

I don't know what to believe of movie rumors. Because they are usually touch and go. And everyone is just trying to be the first one with scoops for clicks. So I'll just wait and hope it works out for her in the end. And that I at least get some good merchandise to collect from it.
    Well Feige confirmed she was going to get into other projects so I am confidently sure she will have a good run on the MCU, she´s been a central character for the MCU since endgame so I believe she will either join a new avengers team in the next movie or be a big central character in other projects. Between her, Loki, Dr Strange and Chang- Chi it looks like the mystical side will get a big push this next phases.

Well Feige confirmed she was going to get into other projects so I am confidently sure she will have a good run on the MCU, she´s been a central character for the MCU since endgame so I believe she will either join a new avengers team in the next movie or be a big central character in other projects. Between her, Loki, Dr Strange and Chang- Chi it looks like the mystical side will get a big push this next phases.
    I hope so. With Blade and Moon Knight down the road they could do Midnight Sons as well.

I hope so. With Blade and Moon Knight down the road they could do Midnight Sons as well.
    With the game going out right now it would not surprise me if they don´t announce a movie or a series soon about them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Though the possession wasn’t added until Children’s Crusade so that’s what made Strange look dumb when they wanted to use Doom as a cop out, but that still didn’t work to absolve Wanda. Also it’s not unheard of to hand a adult over to their parents for in home care, it does happen.
    Stephen looked dumb because it's him specifically who is reassuring Wanda about the well-being of her kids and he went full "bitch is crazy for her fake kids" in AD.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Sure, grown people can get handed over to their parents as next of kin. She wasn’t married at the Time. Strange simply struck her down and offered no additional help.

So Cap thought he was doing the right thing ij giving her to her father, Magneto.
    Yeah, Cap basically handed their long term member to a known former terrorist and also a US citizen to a foreign force. Wanda probably should prepare some legal documents about not placing her under the "care" of certain family members.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Cap was also raised in an era when fatherhood was treated very differently then today which is something that can't be understated.
    He spent a lot of time in modern era, also his own dad is an abusive alcoholic(stereotypical Irish drunks, I know), he is probably not someone who will think family patriarchs should have some inherent power.