Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Nothing has helped her since disassembled. She got the most universal positive response due to SWORD nothing else besides wandavision has hit people since. For me i don't get why people lay the blame on the x-side when all of the ideas that went into trying to destroy the character came from the line they are so passionate supposedly protects her. But then they said it was to create mutant stories but no x-fan i know liked disassembled and why didn't the avenger line chose someone else. Out of all the characters that could have done disaembled and house of M why was wanda chosen. Because they thought if a mutant did it it would be okay, thats jmho though and then they went and made her not a mutant which then changed even that. I seriously doubt anyone in the x-line was like "Yasss let's take 99% of our characters off the board just to mess with wanda."

So for me despite the drama when Wanda was magneto kid it was a simpler time for her.
    It was not okay even when she is a mutant, and that is exactly like what I said she got hijacked into that narrative because of that connection.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Cap and the Avengers, obviously could not help. I like Bendis’s work. If you hate it, it’s your perogative, but it is continuity and it stands.

She was given over to Magneto, who was her father at the time and tried his best to help her.
    Funny you mention continuity because AD/HoM threw a lot of that out of the window. Make up your mind, you prefer this "continuity" that butchred previous continuity because it framed Magneto and Mangus family in a favorable light, even at the cost of Wanda's own character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1) If before Bendis it didn't do her any harm, that should be enough proof that the idea in itself isn't a problem. And that it was indeed one writer who screwed it up. I don't mean by the fact that he focused on it, but that he used it as an excuse to villanize Wanda, and, well, House of M in general.

2) Yeah, but Wanda being able to freely read from the Darkhold and not being possessed by Chthon anymore isn't what we got out of that so far... So what you're saying is, that you want and expect future writers to use that connection in a better way going forward even if others in the past have missed the mark, because it doesn't mean that everything involving it is inheretely bad? Yeah. Exactly...
    Didn't do "much" harm, Byrne still exists, even if later writers swooped in and fixed that doesn't mean there is no damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    He spent a lot of time in modern era, also his own dad is an abusive alcoholic(stereotypical Irish drunks, I know), he is probably not someone who will think family patriarchs should have some inherent power.
    Not to mention he respected many women around him who were more than capable in their own right. The Carters, nor Bernie Rosenthal would ever put up with that anyway. The 40s were the time all women went to work and joined up with the service. It wasn't a time of passing off fainted daughters to their fathers. That's some dark ages bs, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Yeah, Cap basically handed their long term member to a known former terrorist and also a US citizen to a foreign force. Wanda probably should prepare some legal documents about not placing her under the "care" of certain family members.
    And if they made a story of it in the books where Wanda lawyers up and sues the crap out of Cap that might be interesting. Now that she has two adult children I think had that sort of thing happen she would be placed under their care as they are her next of kin.

BANNED

Funny you mention continuity because AD/HoM threw a lot of that out of the window. Make up your mind, you prefer this "continuity" that butchred previous continuity because it framed Magneto and Mangus family in a favorable light, even at the cost of Wanda's own character.
    This is where you act as gatekeeper and it’s wrong. I have the right to like whatever I want, without explanation and regardless of whether it makes sense to you.

Anyone here is free to like whatever stories they like, no matter what some people dislike.

Again, I love Bendis’s work. How you feel about him is entirely up to you, but stop truth to tell me what to like.

Extraordinary Member

This is where you act as gatekeeper and it’s wrong. I have the right to like whatever I want, without explanation and regardless of whether it makes sense to you.

Anyone here is free to like whatever stories they like, no matter what some people dislike.

Again, I love Bendis’s work. How you feel about him is entirely up to you, but stop truth to tell me what to like.
    You scream gatekeep when people disagree, you have the right to like whatever you want and I have the right to call whatever you like crap.
    It's crap and damaging her character regardless of you liking it or not.
    I am not stopping you from liking whatever crap Bendis wrote, but I will call it crap till the end of time.
    That's my opinion, I do not hold the gate, I hold my own opinion backed by some facts like her getting kicked out of comics for 7 years and stuff.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-07-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

And if they made a story of it in the books where Wanda lawyers up and sues the crap out of Cap that might be interesting. Now that she has two adult children I think had that sort of thing happen she would be placed under their care as they are her next of kin.
    I don't want her to be a unconscious piece of meat ever again to be frank.
    And honestly she needs to beat Magneto's ass for some 4th wall breaking reason and then leave with some satisfaction.

BANNED

You scream gatekeep when people disagree, you have the right to like whatever you want and I have the right to call whatever you like crap.
    It's crap and damaging her character regardless of you liking it or not.
    I am not stopping you from liking whatever crap Bendis wrote, but I will call it crap till the end of time.
    You can call it crap all you want to, and I have never said otherwise. However, I’m not going to justify my taste in anything to you. That’s all.

It was not okay even when she is a mutant, and that is exactly like what I said she got hijacked into that narrative because of that connection.
    Luckily your opinion doesn't effect me one way or another. More Scarletneto!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

By the standards of the 30s and 40s Cap certainly did the right thing.
    In the spirit of HoM, characters are just assumed and not really studied.

Extraordinary Member

You can call it crap all you want to, and I have never said otherwise. However, I’m not going to justify my taste in anything to you. That’s all.
    You don't need to justify anything, buddy, it's the material I want to critize not you anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Luckily your opinion doesn't effect me one way or another. More Scarletneto!
    I don't care, I want to **** on Bendis's garbage, you are welcome to like that.

I don't care, I want to **** on Bendis's garbage, you are welcome to like that.
    *hands you a roll of toilet paper* have at thee.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t think anyone has said they believe Wanda was raised by Magneto(That´s just Bendis), most just like the idea of a connection being there, that´s all and I don´t think they should justify their pov, canon has given good and bad examples for the connection since the 80´s so it´s logical not all fans agree it´s a good or bad thing. My point is just that maybe fans should just agree to disagree in the way they see canon and go on to appreciate Wanda in her appreciation thread.
    I for one, do not appreciate the event that cost her 7 years.
    It's one thing to like that connection, it's another to like HoM by extension because of that, sure I don't control others' opinions, but like you said it's a appreciation thread. Are we gonna appreciate her demise as well?
    Talk about something actually postive and beneficial out of that relationship maybe? If there is any.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-07-2021 at 08:32 PM.