Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    The omega list can change. And they basically saying Jean in this Hickman verse never was omega level tk user.
    Yeah, but us Jean fans do NOT believe it!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die. -H.P. Lovecraft

When Wanda talks about being “dead and yet not dead” in the last page of ToM it made me think of that quote
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Did what?

And isn't my wording still there from the last time I said whatever it was?

kdb
    I don't remember where it was. Tried searching for it and the search turned up no results. I was speaking of how her mutant abilities worked with her chaos magic.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-21-2021 at 07:32 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

People shouldn’t get so pressed about whether or not their fave is officially Omega or not. Outside of Planet-Sized it hasn’t exactly been a guarantor of appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    People shouldn’t get so pressed about whether or not their fave is officially Omega or not. Outside of Planet-Sized it hasn’t exactly been a guarantor of appearances.
    No pressure here, I just think that if Wanda gets to be confirmed as a mutant it would makes sense for her to be classified in accordance to the scope of her powers, It seems to me that the latest omega definition provided by hickman fits her perfectly and if the shoe fits…….
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    There need to be more team ups with Wanda and Jean.

Absolutely. A friendship between them is something that I’m waiting to happen since a long time. Mostly because they have similar experiences that almost no one else could really understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    No pressure here, I just think that if Wanda gets to be confirmed as a mutant it would makes sense for her to be classified in accordance to the scope of her powers, It seems to me that the latest omega definition provided by hickman fits her perfectly and if the shoe fits…….
    At least by definition, her probability manipulation powers seems to fit in the same category as Jaime’s or Mercator’s, both Omegas. Their powers are the manipulation of a certain element: Jaime with his quantum strings (of reality), Mercator with the “matter” in general. Probabilities in the case of Wanda, something that escapes the physical dimension and is more natural of an “intelligible plane”. I think she could eventually be classified as an Omega if she became a mutant again, although is not entirely necessary but it would be cool.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Absolutely. A friendship between them is something that I’m waiting to happen since a long time. Mostly because they have similar experiences that almost no one else could really understand.
    There is a cute story with them in X-Men First Class and in the Jean Grey mini there is an issue where Wanda bonds with teen Jean while ghost Jean sulks.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda's power set is fine as it is, if she becomes a mutant again, her mutant power would simply be energy manipulation, which is the conduit for Chaos Magic.
    If she got marked at birth by any other mystical entity, say Gaea, her power would potentially end up like Storm's with elemental manipulation and stuff.

Omega level mutants is a pointless title anyway, I really don't see the obessesion over it. Certainly not worth to change her established lore for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die. -H.P. Lovecraft

When Wanda talks about being “dead and yet not dead” in the last page of ToM it made me think of that quote
    Well, this quote reminds me more of Cancerverse where literal Lovecraftian beings killed Death lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wanda's power set is fine as it is, if she becomes a mutant again, her mutant power would simply be energy manipulation, which is the conduit for Chaos Magic.
    If she got marked at birth by any other mystical entity, say Gaea, her power would potentially end up like Storm's with elemental manipulation and stuff.

Omega level mutants is a pointless title anyway, I really don't see the obessesion over it. Certainly not worth to change her established lore for it.
    Yeah, like I said, it's a demotion. Because she channels the power of an elder god.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda will always be a Mutant to me and the Daughter of Magneto i don't care what Marvel says.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    There is a cute story with them in X-Men First Class and in the Jean Grey mini there is an issue where Wanda bonds with teen Jean while ghost Jean sulks.
    Yes I love those issues, specially the Colleen Coover mini-comics were they have cute little adventures ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post

I see we are starting again with the rudeness of calling other people pov pointless, no one is obsessed here, people simply have different ideas than you do!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah, like I said, it's a demotion. Because she channels the power of an elder god.
    It’s not a demotion, it’s an improvement, no one likes leeches