Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The Mutant Scarlet Witch, daughter of the Mutant Magneto who himself is a decendant of the Pirate Queen Red Lucy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Great thread

I always wanted a follow up of her story with Lucy Keough or at least a modern take because Max parents were jewish born in Germany and Red Lucy was English so it would be interesting to see the family tree from this side.
    Interesting not only in the 616 Marvel Universe but likewise in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Wanda is gonna be in Avengers Forever along with an alt earth version of Pietro (from Morgan le Fey's created universe).
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda is gonna be in Avengers Forever along with an alt earth version of Pietro (from Morgan le Fey's created universe).
    Oh? Where is that said? She's very small in the cover and I didn't see anything said about her (or Pietro) so I wasn't counting on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Oh? Where is that said? She's very small in the cover and I didn't see anything said about her (or Pietro) so I wasn't counting on anything.
    Nothing was sad, its just that cover
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Article posted by gamesradar.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-10-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Nothing was sad, its just that cover
    It says which Pietro is in the book in the article.

https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-...e-multiversal/
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-10-2021 at 03:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Amazing how Wanda went from a minor character to one whose television show could win two Emmy’s and be nominated for 23. Sooner or later MCU will eventually score wins in categories like director, writer, or actor.

Add a third Emmy for The “Agatha All Along” song.

BANNED

That so needed to win an Emmy!

More than deserved, the most successful series of the mcu, proof that Wanda can support a tv series or movie by herself, great

BANNED

I was just thinking about how progressive Marvel really is with Wanda. Look at most television portrayal of witches. Their magic is really only good for drama amongst themselves or for battle in the magic world. They have to hide themselves from the non magical world in Bewitched and in the Original Charmed. These witches would never do anything about violence or injustice in the non magical world.

The Scarlwt Witch is open about being a mutant and a witch. She has taken down many bad guys whether magical or non magical.
    And while she has had a couple of spectacular screw ups, she is someone who would definitely condemn injustice in the real world.

She tried to make up for Decimation by bringing back the Genoshan dead. And while she screwed that up, the last scene she was in said she could not live with what she has done. And that she would move live with what she has done. I think she admitted the truth to herself in Axis she altered reality to make it appear she and Pietro are not Magneto’s children Engel in fact they are. I think she killer herself out of guilt, but Krakoa senses her true mutant nature and is healing her. She’s going to come back out as Magneto’s daughter and I think this series is done to repairs the damage between her and her fellow mutants and even things with the Avengers.

It was nice to see her colleagues from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants mourn here.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It was nice to see her colleagues from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants mourn here.
    That’s…that’s certainly an interesting take, considering this:

DF43BEB0-FE9C-4D17-A11C-4079AFF96C8E.jpg

I’m of the opinion “colleague” is way too generous of a word to describe that dynamic.

I feel like Wanda really just winds up being written by a lot of writers that don’t look into her history.

I suppose that’s true for many characters, though.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 09-13-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I was just thinking about how progressive Marvel really is with Wanda. Look at most television portrayal of witches. Their magic is really only good for drama amongst themselves or for battle in the magic world. They have to hide themselves from the non magical world in Bewitched and in the Original Charmed. These witches would never do anything about violence or injustice in the non magical world.

The Scarlwt Witch is open about being a mutant and a witch. She has taken down many bad guys whether magical or non magical.
    And while she has had a couple of spectacular screw ups, she is someone who would definitely condemn injustice in the real world.

She tried to make up for Decimation by bringing back the Genoshan dead. And while she screwed that up, the last scene she was in said she could not live with what she has done. And that she would move live with what she has done. I think she admitted the truth to herself in Axis she altered reality to make it appear she and Pietro are not Magneto’s children Engel in fact they are. I think she killer herself out of guilt, but Krakoa senses her true mutant nature and is healing her. She’s going to come back out as Magneto’s daughter and I think this series is done to repairs the damage between her and her fellow mutants and even things with the Avengers.

There have been times that comics have been progressive with Wanda. But others really not. The Genosha thing wasn't really because she's regressed in her magic knowledge, then lectured by Strange.

Flawed characters are best characters to me. Because they feel more real than someone that never messes up.

They need to remember though that Wanda had extensive teaching from Agatha and knew what dangers magic and artifacts posed. She wasn't a dummy until she needed to be for the story to be forced forward. Nor was she baby crazy. Writers tend to put on her whatever they need to get their story done. And I hope that stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    That’s…that’s certainly an interesting take, considering this:

DF43BEB0-FE9C-4D17-A11C-4079AFF96C8E.jpg

I’m of the opinion “colleague” is way too generous of a word to describe that dynamic.

I feel like Wanda really just winds up being written by a lot of writers that don’t look into her history.

I suppose that’s true for many characters, though.
    Yeah someone that sexually harassed her wasn't a "colleague." That's definitely a whitewashing of the situation. Toad too was one that didn't know what no meant.