Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah someone that sexually harassed her wasn't a "colleague." That's definitely a whitewashing of the situation. Toad too was one that didn't know what no meant.
    Her own brother was chauvinistic to her times because in that time from all the writers, artists, and other creatives were male and this was before the women’s movement.

And in real life even if you were mean to someone decades ago does not mean you can’t be hurt by their loss.

Mastermind himself was an abused, but he was an abuse victim too. Dominated by Magneto, he wasn’t a particularly attractive guy. He certainly did abuse his illusion powers but given the context it’s not hard to say why.

I think people might try concepts like empathy and forgiveness before holding grudges over something 58 years ago.

Notice her brother drank with Mastermind and his other colleagues. They were all sad at what happened. Probably because they all got second chances on Krakoa, while this happens to Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Her own brother was chauvinistic to her times because in that time from all the writers, artists, and other creatives were male and this was before the women’s movement.

And in real life even if you were mean to someone decades ago does not mean you can’t be hurt by their loss.

Mastermind himself was an abused, but he was an abuse victim too. Dominated by Magneto, he wasn’t a particularly attractive guy. He certainly did abuse his illusion powers but given the context it’s not hard to say why.

I think people might try concepts like empathy and forgiveness before holding grudges over something 58 years ago.

Notice her brother drank with Mastermind and his other colleagues. They were all sad at what happened. Probably because they all got second chances on Krakoa, while this happens to Wanda.
    Wanda came into comics in 1964, right before the movement started, and yeah Quicksilver was overly protective of her and part of that was to do with how writers perceived European characters. But that didn't last. Because Quicksilver soon just disappeared from comics and did not show up until he was with Crystal.

That's more than being mean. Harassing someone is not ok. And I don't care about their feelings.

Being abused is not an excuse for abuse, don't go there.

I have no empathy for those that sexually harass or assault. Zero. Even when I'm where ever souls go after this life, I'll still hate them. I'll probably haunt them.

Her brother who was also controlling over her had a drink with people that couldn't take the word no. Makes none of it ok.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Mastermind and Toad being “sad” over Wanda dying is…kinda ok? Like, whatever. (hair flip included)

Being happy that it was actually a moment displayed in the comic though, that’s where it gets weird.

94C8AB34-9222-4627-9918-78133299660F.jpg

This was not a “work place besties” kinda situation.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 09-14-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Mastermind and Toad being “sad” over Wanda dying is…kinda ok? Like, whatever. (hair flip included)

Being happy that it was actually a moment displayed in the comic though, that’s where it gets weird.

94C8AB34-9222-4627-9918-78133299660F.jpg

This was not a “work place besties” kinda situation.
    I like how Wanda put Mastermind in his place. But he was always so cocky for a guy with his power. Even years later Jean/Phoenix told him the same thing after he went after her with the White Queen help. I always wanted to see Wanda Hex Mastermind and Magneto too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    That’s…that’s certainly an interesting take, considering this:

Attachment 113729

I’m of the opinion “colleague” is way too generous of a word to describe that dynamic.

I feel like Wanda really just winds up being written by a lot of writers that don’t look into her history.

I suppose that’s true for many characters, though.
    Ugh, I hate Mastermind so much, I hope he ends in the pit with Toothie soon

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Ugh, I hate Mastermind so much, I hope he ends in the pit with Toothie soon
    Yeah he’s a creep.
    Pyro , Tower, and Harness belong in the pit also.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

After what Mastermind did in his life I don't think he deserves an inch of redemption or empathy. I don't care if abusers have their lives "ruined", cos they didn't care to ruin someone else life. He harassed Wanda, and later severely abused Jean, not to mention he is probably a deadbeat father. I hope he always stays a villain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    After what Mastermind did in his life I don't think he deserves an inch of redemption or empathy. I don't care if abusers have their lives "ruined", cos they didn't care to ruin someone else life. He harassed Wanda, and later severely abused Jean, not to mention he is probably a deadbeat father. I hope he always stays a villain.
    Jean killed six billion people and gets redemption. The Scarlet Witch depowers 99 percent of mutants and gets redemption. If women can get redemption for genocide Mastermind can get redemption for mind controlling Jean.

And Jean herself forgave him as he died.

It’s a real life issue too. After people serve their time jail for crime, they have to be allowed the opportunity to rejoin society and live a normal life or you’ve just created a massive underclass.

Take Mastermind. Just because he has done bad things does not mean he cannot fill sorry for other people when bad things happen to them.

If Mastermind is considered a rapist, any powerful villain with psychic or magical powers is a rapist. Mesmero, Selene, Madelyne Pryor, Purple Man, Xavier, the White Queen, among others have all done sexualized mind control. Rogue has stolen powers with a kiss, and that could be considered sexual assault like Enel she grabbed Wolverine, pinned him down and kissed him.

Yet Rogue is a member of both the X-Men and Avengers and forgiven.

Jean killed six billion people and gets redemption. The Scarlet Witch depowers 99 percent of mutants and gets redemption. If women can get redemption for genocide Mastermind can get redemption for mind controlling Jean.

And Jean herself forgave him as he died.

It’s a real life issue too. After people serve their time jail for crime, they have to be allowed the opportunity to rejoin society and live a normal life or you’ve just created a massive underclass.

Take Mastermind. Just because he has done bad things does not mean he cannot fill sorry for other people when bad things happen to them.

If Mastermind is considered a rapist, any powerful villain with psychic or magical powers is a rapist. Mesmero, Selene, Madelyne Pryor, Purple Man, Xavier, the White Queen, among others have all done sexualized mind control. Rogue has stolen powers with a kiss, and that could be considered sexual assault like Enel she grabbed Wolverine, pinned him down and kissed him.

Yet Rogue is a member of both the X-Men and Avengers and forgiven.
    Stop sticking up for creepers.It's weird. No one mentioned rape. Rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment are different things. They all are creepy. No they don't deserve a second chance to do it again.

BANNED

Stop sticking up for creepers.It's weird. No one mentioned rape. Rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment are different things. They all are creepy. No they don't deserve a second chance to do it again.
    I can stick up for whoever I want to. I never said they should continue to repeat the crimes. But do they deserve the opportunity to rejoin society? Yes, they do and I will say that for any criminal evidence has paid their dues in prison.

BANNED

There’s a thing in social justice where people become as evil, if not more than what they claim to hate. Permanently wanting to destroy someone’s life because of sexual harassment is absurd. It just it.

I will never support permanent marginalization of anyone.

That doesn’t mean someone should deliberately harass others.

I can stick up for whoever I want to. I never said they should continue to repeat the crimes. But do they deserve the opportunity to rejoin society? Yes, they do and I will say that for any criminal evidence has paid their dues in prison.
    If you believe rapists reform then I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco. Sticking up for rapists is a weird take. I'll learn though to not take anything else you post seriously.

BANNED

If you believe rapists reform then I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco. Sticking up for rapists is a weird take. I'll learn though to not take anything else you post seriously.
    I don’t care what you take seriously. My posture g here is not about you, has nothing to do with you, and I don’t need your permission or endorsement to have whatever views.

I don’t care what you take seriously. My posture g here is not about you, has nothing to do with you, and I don’t need your permission or endorsement to have whatever views.
    Never said it was about me. Or that you need my permission. Now to the ignore list with you.

BANNED

Never said it was about me. Or that you need my permission. Now to the ignore list with you.
    Absolutely fine.