Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There’s a thing in social justice where people become as evil, if not more than what they claim to hate. Permanently wanting to destroy someone’s life because of sexual harassment is absurd. It just it.

I will never support permanent marginalization of anyone.

That doesn’t mean someone should deliberately harass others.
    Um, when did social justice become worse than sexual harrassment?

It's getting weird.

I wonder what will happen to Wanda tomorrow

Jean killed six billion people and gets redemption. The Scarlet Witch depowers 99 percent of mutants and gets redemption. If women can get redemption for genocide Mastermind can get redemption for mind controlling Jean.

Well, a fiery cosmic bird snacking on a sun and accidentaly destroying a solar system and using black magic to depower a group of people are just completely impossible crimes so fans just ignore them, while sexual harrasment is something that actually happens in real life so it gets a harsher reaction. Like how Harry Potter fans hate the Pink teacher, idk her name, more than Voldemort.

It also was an exception for those characters and pretty much who Mastermind was. And I still don't think genocide is one of those things that can be forgivable. Which is why I had no problem with mutants still hating her. I only think it's something that can be redeemed if it's literally not Wanda that did it.

And that was also someone trying to say that real life rapists are redeemable. Which... gross!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Plus sexual harassment has often been ignored in fiction, unless the perpetrator is non-White and the victim is White

Lol at Billy’s eyes, searching the room for something else to draw attention away, while Tommy’s just like, “Whelp, guess this is what we’re doing today”.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It also was an exception for those characters and pretty much who Mastermind was. And I still don't think genocide is one of those things that can be forgivable. Which is why I had no problem with mutants still hating her. I only think it's something that can be redeemed if it's literally not Wanda that did it.

And that was also someone trying to say that real life rapists are redeemable. Which... gross!
    I mean personally I believe people can change. It’s just people shouldn’t be so quick to accept it until actions and behavior prove otherwise. Forgiveness is thorny and difficult to come to which is why I understand people’s right to deem crimes committed against others unforgivable.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Um, when did social justice become worse than sexual harrassment?
    Social justice is not bad. If your since if social justice makes you totally hate a man indefinitely, but ignore a woman who destroys a solar system or another woman who depowers and damns with powerful Black magic your sense of justice is far worse than sexual harassment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I wonder what will happen to Wanda tomorrow

Well, a fiery cosmic bird snacking on a sun and accidentaly destroying a solar system and using black magic to depower a group of people are just completely impossible crimes so fans just ignore them, while sexual harrasment is something that actually happens in real life so it gets a harsher reaction. Like how Harry Potter fans hate the Pink teacher, idk her name, more than Voldemort.
    In real life it’s possible to kill millions with nuclear weapons. Dark Phoenix killed billions so they s ame is larger. But sums are powered by nuclear fusion and so are atomic weapons.

So if someone is going to forgive mass death ny nuclear weapons but hate someone forever just to sexual harassment they have become far more evil than what the hate.

Extraordinary Member

There’s a thing in social justice where people become as evil, if not more than what they claim to hate. Permanently wanting to destroy someone’s life because of sexual harassment is absurd. It just it.

I will never support permanent marginalization of anyone.

That doesn’t mean someone should deliberately harass others.
    SJW types at their worst insult people online, which is not comparable to certain people they target who actually did horrible ****.
    There is no both side this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I mean personally I believe people can change. It’s just people shouldn’t be so quick to accept it until actions and behavior prove otherwise. Forgiveness is thorny and difficult to come to which is why I understand people’s right to deem crimes committed against others unforgivable.
    We don’t have that right to say a crime is unforgivable. There are people who will always remain threats to others, and who cannot be redeemed.

But to claim someone is impossible to redeem just because they sexually harassed someone? Absurd.

People have committed murder and after prison redeemed themselves and lived their lives. Rapists can too.

There are people who obviously don’t reform and I agree people who reform will show it with their actions.

Extraordinary Member

Jean killed six billion people and gets redemption. The Scarlet Witch depowers 99 percent of mutants and gets redemption. If women can get redemption for genocide Mastermind can get redemption for mind controlling Jean.

And Jean herself forgave him as he died.

It’s a real life issue too. After people serve their time jail for crime, they have to be allowed the opportunity to rejoin society and live a normal life or you’ve just created a massive underclass.

Take Mastermind. Just because he has done bad things does not mean he cannot fill sorry for other people when bad things happen to them.

If Mastermind is considered a rapist, any powerful villain with psychic or magical powers is a rapist. Mesmero, Selene, Madelyne Pryor, Purple Man, Xavier, the White Queen, among others have all done sexualized mind control. Rogue has stolen powers with a kiss, and that could be considered sexual assault like Enel she grabbed Wolverine, pinned him down and kissed him.

Yet Rogue is a member of both the X-Men and Avengers and forgiven.
    Oh I believe in criminal reform, but it's the job of the government, or say large institutions to place them back into society and re-socialize and ****.
    The individuals however, are welcome to go full SJW or whatever on them.
    The same for Anti-Vaxxers/Anti-Maskers, I think the government and law should protect their rights, but if they got called selfish dumb assholes? Well, they deserve it for the most part.

Extraordinary Member

Social justice is not bad. If your since if social justice makes you totally hate a man indefinitely, but ignore a woman who destroys a solar system or another woman who depowers and damns with powerful Black magic your sense of justice is far worse than sexual harassment.
    Which is good because no single woman in real life can pop a sun.

Extraordinary Member

In real life it’s possible to kill millions with nuclear weapons. Dark Phoenix killed billions so they s ame is larger. But sums are powered by nuclear fusion and so are atomic weapons.

So if someone is going to forgive mass death ny nuclear weapons but hate someone forever just to sexual harassment they have become far more evil than what the hate.
    Is there any nuclear attack on history that is the result of an individual?
    Also there is always a bigger fish, how dare you blame a thief when people who literally steal millions and billions through exploitive systems exist.
    How dare you accuse people of being sexist when Taliban fighters exist.
    It goes on and on.