Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    In real life it’s possible to kill millions with nuclear weapons. Dark Phoenix killed billions so they s ame is larger. But sums are powered by nuclear fusion and so are atomic weapons.

So if someone is going to forgive mass death ny nuclear weapons but hate someone forever just to sexual harassment they have become far more evil than what the hate.
    Adsfghkj this logic is aneurysm inducing.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jean killed six billion people and gets redemption. The Scarlet Witch depowers 99 percent of mutants and gets redemption. If women can get redemption for genocide Mastermind can get redemption for mind controlling Jean.

And Jean herself forgave him as he died.

It’s a real life issue too. After people serve their time jail for crime, they have to be allowed the opportunity to rejoin society and live a normal life or you’ve just created a massive underclass.

Take Mastermind. Just because he has done bad things does not mean he cannot fill sorry for other people when bad things happen to them.

If Mastermind is considered a rapist, any powerful villain with psychic or magical powers is a rapist. Mesmero, Selene, Madelyne Pryor, Purple Man, Xavier, the White Queen, among others have all done sexualized mind control. Rogue has stolen powers with a kiss, and that could be considered sexual assault like Enel she grabbed Wolverine, pinned him down and kissed him.

Yet Rogue is a member of both the X-Men and Avengers and forgiven.
    Sometimes the messages behind those acts of forgiveness can be very dangerous. Take the example of UXM annual #17, written by Lobdell. There Jean forgives Mastermind and kisses him in the forehead because "poor old man is dying". Her trauma is not explored because "OH it was the Phoenix so it does not matter" (retcon). I can only interpret this as 1)Abusers that ruin a person's life deserve forgiveness, and 2)If it wasn't done "to me", it does not matter (this is specially dangerous). What he did to her was not simply mind control, it was a whole grooming process that can only be compared to Purple Man levels of psychopathy. His actions were textbook sexual predator behavior, and he went on for months and months. And things like that happen in real life and sadly too often.

Lobdell making a story of a woman forgiving and soothing the abuser who had her life literally RUINED thanks to his perpetrations, is appalling to me. For me it's just as if a writer decided to make a oneshot of Barbara Gordon giving the Joker a hug (maybe it does exists, I dont want to know).

Jean eating a sun or Wanda muttering three words that disrupted reality are not things that happen in real life, there are no people who actually have suffered from this kind of events in our world. But there are many people that have suffered abuse and sexual violence in different degrees. The perpetrators of these kind of violence are inexcusable. There are cases of people who killed someone on self defense or by accident. The same cannot be said for someone who abused you for months.

I kinda diverted from the theme of this thread (Scarlet Witch) with this message, but I only wanted to say why I think characters that commit these kind of vile crimes should stay villains. So, this will be my last post in the matter.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 09-14-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Trial of Magneto #2 can't come out soon enough. Come on leaks.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

People are also project their own traumas into a fictional universe.

I think that’s the issue.

The X-Men can and do routinely forgive and crime and Mastermind is as Krakoa as any other mutant.

That’s just that.

For people have real life traumas along these lines, it may be best we don’t go down this line of discussion. Different people will see things differently and this is not the forum fir in-depth discussion on this matter.

The last 4 pages of this thread just got me like...

Y'all need some material desperately!!

It’s not even a matter of “forgiveness”. There’s absolutely zero evidence of the Wanda/Mastermind/Toad dynamic approaching anything near amicable.

Fine, you want to say this issue was their turn-around point and they finally respect Wanda (as if she required or desired it*). I’m still OK to call it BS and bad writing that does a shoddy job at examining the history between the characters.

*4B5D616C-2C52-47F6-9D66-F1A46C8184B8.jpg

Ultimate Member

But why exactly do mutants just forgive other evil mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But why exactly do mutants just forgive other evil mutant?
    Some mutants forgive some evil mutants many don't.

It's not like they all know each other.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 09-14-2021 at 09:02 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well Mastermind died of Legacy virus and asked forgiveness of Jean before dying, his relationship with his daughters is bad but they seem to be trying to make it work now on Krakoa after he got brought back to life, that said, I believe it was OOC of Pietro to drink with the old brotherhood, like yes, I get the symbology but they never were on good terms, not even when they worked together and it´s hilarious to me even some reviewers believe they ever were on good terms, that scene would have been perfect if Pietro was not there, because the old brotherhood does get along well enough and have done so for years.

Imo if they wanted to show Pietro having some camaradeire with other mutants because of Wanda´s death they easily could have shown the old X-factor multiple man, Havok, Strong guy, Lorna,Rahne, etc who were his friends over the X-side for a long time or shown him asking Jean about Magneto´s confession, he stayed at her house shortly after the Onslaught saga.

Son unless this is some kind of clue about "Pietro" not being Pietro, I think it was an OOC moment.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-14-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Son unless this is some kind of clue about "Pietro" not being Pietro, I think it was an OOC moment.
    Yeah it was too OOC. The editorial probably just wanted to do a reference to early Marvel comics, but it was bad. No one cares about Toad, give us Pietro with his actual mutant friends.

I just lost 100 bucks because of this stupid comic i am so upset!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    It’s not even a matter of “forgiveness”. There’s absolutely zero evidence of the Wanda/Mastermind/Toad dynamic approaching anything near amicable.

Fine, you want to say this issue was their turn-around point and they finally respect Wanda (as if she required or desired it*). I’m still OK to call it BS and bad writing that does a shoddy job at examining the history between the characters.

*4B5D616C-2C52-47F6-9D66-F1A46C8184B8.jpg
    I mean, it's kinda like the rest of her relationship in the X-side, writers kinda just assume there is a connection and what it is supposed to be without actually knowing the history.

baumblume

Hope might be buying time so the Five can revive Wanda and Pietro.Hope resurrected Wanda to a version that existed before she broke up with the Vision. ( thus the surprise kiss ) and Pietro a version that existed before Luna This cat's out of the bag.