Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1304
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Magneto isn't a mutant freedom fighter anymore and he has a home for all his kids.

Wouldn't be that bad.
    But Wanda already had a home for a long time, she had been an adult for a long time.
    It's not like she has material or emotional needs from him.

Even adults need emotional support. Magneto might not be the best choice, but she has shown mixed emotions when it comes to seeing him as a father even though he fails at it miserably they both acknowledge that. This maybe them trying to work through it.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

If they do go back to being civil then it's gonna be weird between her and Lorna.

She did everything right. Fought for mutants, for her dad in Genosha, for the X-Men, for Krakoa and he still played favorites and chose Wanda.

Dunno what Leah Williams was thinking...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Even adults need emotional support. Magneto might not be the best choice, but she has shown mixed emotions when it comes to seeing him as a father even though he fails at it miserably they both acknowledge that. This maybe them trying to work through it.
    I don't think she has ever needed it from him. Pietro at times needed approval. But Wanda had a good support system with the Avengers. Before that was raised by a pretty stable family. By the time she met Mags she was a teenager. Didn't spend much time around him before joining the Avengers. She spent all her adult life there. Didn't learn Mags was her dad until she was married and had kids. She's had a full life without him.

They probably will have them work through it for now. But it's more like a cease fire between these characters.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

If they do go back to being civil then it's gonna be weird between her and Lorna.

She did everything right. Fought for mutants, for her dad in Genosha, for the X-Men, for Krakoa and he still played favorites and chose Wanda.

Lorna attached Magneto with the rest of the X-Men.

And she wouldn’t back down after Magneton told her too. It’s the only reason why that happened.

A father has the right to pursue a relationship with all his children. Magneto was not playing favorites.

BANNED

Marvel families are very stable today. Jean and Rachel had issues in the 80s, that got resolved in the 90s. The pictures of Wanda and her children speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Marvel families are very stable today. Jean and Rachel had issues in the 80s, that got resolved in the 90s. The pictures of Wanda and her children speak for themselves.
    I'm not saying her children and she are at war. They just do not have many interactions at all. I hope that improves.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not saying her children and she are at war. They just do not have many interactions at all. I hope that improves.
    It’s still the problem of expecting Wanda to forgive Magneto, as I see it.

This is a man that physically and mentally abused her. “Before he knew she was his daughter” is a BS excuse. I know, I know...suspension of disbelief, and our heroes should be better...yadda bla. But no.

Thing is: it’s OK for Wanda to still hate Magneto. It’s OK for her to not “seek out daddy’s love”. It’s OK for her to be pissed that, despite nobody knowing for a good amount of time that he was her father, he still treated her like a dispensable resource. And all this can still happen while he’s established as her father...again.

Marvel's gonna do whatever will make them money the family dynamic sells/HOM sells that's all they care about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    From whom may I ask? Yes he is not the best choice, not even a good one by any metric.
    Like I said she is an adult with her own social circles.
    Also I am replying to the "daddy is not working anynore" statement, buddy, it's like decades too late lol.

Extraordinary Member

She should have realized the random and inconsistant nature of this family long ago lol.
    I recommend some healthy separatism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

This is a man that physically and mentally abused her. “Before he knew she was his daughter” is a BS excuse. I know, I know...suspension of disbelief, and our heroes should be better...yadda bla. But no.

Thing is: it’s OK for Wanda to still hate Magneto. It’s OK for her to not “seek out daddy’s love”. It’s OK for her to be pissed that, despite nobody knowing for a good amount of time that he was her father, he still treated her like a dispensable resource. And all this can still happen while he’s established as her father...again.
    People in real life do work things out with difficult parents.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    People in real life do work things out with difficult parents.
    But after everything he's put her through?

It's never to late to work things out with your parents especially if both are willing to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

Yep, it is ok for her to still hate him and her suddenly hugging him made no sense after her solo. But I do want her to have a relationship with her spiritual children. Since that relationship has never been toxic.