Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1304

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That was where she was. Which was why she kept her distance. Hating someone takes no active energy. You just disregard them. They don't exist. When you eliminate them from your life, they can't create anymore problems to put energy towards.
    When I hated someone I felt drained and exhausted that’s from my experience, I felt bad. Though being apathetic towards someone doesn’t cost any energy as you fell nothing towards them. IÂ’d rather Wanda fell nothing towards Magneto if she completely keeps her distance, than when someone brings him up she turns red in the face.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    When I hated someone I felt drained and exhausted that’s from my experience, I felt bad. Though being apathetic towards someone doesn’t cost any energy as you fell nothing towards them. IÂ’d rather Wanda fell nothing towards Magneto if she completely keeps her distance, than when someone brings him up she turns red in the face.
    Wanda wasn't someone who got red in the face everytime someone brought up Magneto. He wasn't even brought up much. She just didn't think about him. Her life was very full without him. She had parents, a loving home both with her real family and her team. There is really no role she needs him to fill for him to need to be in her life, other than forced drama.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda wasn't someone who got red in the face everytime someone brought up Magneto. He wasn't even brought up much. She just didn't think about him. Her life was very full without him. She had parents, a loving home both with her real family and her team. There is really no role she needs him to fill for him to need to be in her life, other than forced drama.
    Not “red in the face”, but she would get irritated. He doesn’t have to fill a role he can just be someone she talks to on occasion. Their relationship doesn’t always have to involve forced drama.

Not “red in the face”, but she would get irritated. He doesn’t have to fill a role he can just be someone she talks to on occasion. Their relationship doesn’t always have to involve forced drama.
    She got irritated at Quicksilver once. Other than that it was only when Magneto himself did something terrible directly. She didn't get mad everytime he was brought up.

She spent most of her life without him even mentioned. She moved on.

She got irritated at Quicksilver once. Other than that it was only when Magneto himself did something terrible directly. She didn't get mad everytime he was brought up.

She spent most of her life without him even mentioned. She moved on.
    Yeah the Quicksilver discussion is the only instance I could think of at the moment. Though writers have shown Wanda go back and forth with her feelings of Magneto, even when for the longest she wanted to stay away from him they still go with the fact she doesn’t completely “hate” him and still harbors familial feelings for him. To me moving on is I don’t love you or hate you I’m indifferent towards you.

Yeah the Quicksilver discussion is the only instance I could think of at the moment. Though writers have shown Wanda go back and forth with her feelings of Magneto, even when for the longest she wanted to stay away from him they still go with the fact she doesn’t completely “hate” him and still harbors familial feelings for him. To me moving on is I don’t love you or hate you I’m indifferent towards you.
    That's exactly where she was...? She just didn't think of him or go near him. She moved on. She should still move on. Because Marvel still likes to have him be sometimes good and sometimes bad. And he's mostly been a terrible dad. And Wanda has a father who raised her and was loving and supportive.

She doesn't need a father figure or to play house or princess with Magneto like in House of M to have that. She's a grown person with lots of support without him.

That's exactly where she was...? She just didn't think of him or go near him. She moved on. She should still move on. Because Marvel still likes to have him be sometimes good and sometimes bad. And he's mostly been a terrible dad. And Wanda has a father who raised her and was loving and supportive.

She doesn't need a father figure or to play house or princess with Magneto like in House of M to have that. She's a grown person with lots of support without him.
    She doesn’t have to play house and she doesn’t need him as a father figure, yet she chooses not out of necessity to call him father, but because there is still that familial connection. Wanda has been shown to put him in his place when he steps out of line so I’m not worried about her just letting him push her around. I’d just like their interactions be healthy for both than just toxic.

She doesn’t have to play house and she doesn’t need him as a father figure, yet she chooses not out of necessity to call him father, but because there is still that familial connection. Wanda has been shown to put him in his place when he steps out of line so I’m not worried about her just letting him push her around. I’d just like their interactions be healthy for both than just toxic.
    I'd like for her to divorce herself from the drama completely. Healthy is not a reality for the Magnus clan.

Mighty Member

I want Wanda to finally be free of trauma. Not be forced to endure more of it. If any character deserves a break from mental trauma, it's her.
    Really?! Then you want her to retire and live happily ever after?

Characters who are front and center are usually the most tortured.

The only truly happy characters seem to be the ones rarely used.

As long as Wanda is treated as a main character (which I don't think Marvel has done in a while), she's gonna have a tough time and will have to overcome a lot.

I'd like for her to divorce herself from the drama completely. Healthy is not a reality for the Magnus clan.
    I agree with this , though I’m hoping it will be healthy for them in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Really?! Then you want her to retire and live happily ever after?

Characters who are front and center are usually the most tortured.

The only truly happy characters seem to be the ones rarely used.

As long as Wanda is treated as a main character (which I don't think Marvel has done in a while), she's gonna have a tough time.
    She doesn't need to retire to have no mental trauma. You do realize she did just fine when she wasn't put through mental trauma? For decades even.

I agree with this , though I’m hoping it will be healthy for them in the near future.
    That's a dream.

Nah hatred is fine. I don't subscribe to the Oprah way of forgive everyone and let them walk all over you to look like the better person. Screw that. Cut ties with abusive people. It's much more relieving.
    She did cut her ties with him for all the 90s. It didn't seem relieving for her.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She did cut her ties with him for all the 90s. It didn't seem relieving for her.

That's the one example we brought up. Now show the rest.

That's the one example we brought up. Now show the rest.
    What rest? Fatal Attractions/Bloodties? Darker then Scarlet? Who stopped her trying to murder the Avengers?
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-14-2021 at 10:16 AM.