Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1304

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think the X-office supports the relationship of the Maximoffs and Magneto even if the Avengers office doesn't.
    That seems to correspond to how the fans feel. If you became a fan of Wanda via her connection to Magneto and thus the X-Universe, you're in favor of the relationship. If you're a fan of Wanda from Avengers comics, you probably either don't care or don't like the connection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That could go along with the MCU because Mordo is after sorcerers there. With Leah confirming there is outside pressure to bring things closer in line with stuff going on outside the MU, it's possible. Doesn't mean it happens, because he'd have had to find his way to Krakoa without anyone seeing him. Possible, but might not be likely. Strange could do it but that might not be possible for Mordo.

I absolutely expect it to be something that lets everyone down though.
    Mordo was at the peak of his power after selling his soul to those four entities, and should have had the power to come to Krakoa. But after killing Strange he lost his additional power and is now scared as Clea, Strange, and Wong have hunted down the eye of amagotto and the cloak of levitation in order to declare the next sorcerer supreme.

I think the magical creatures only had a deal with Mordo to kill Strange. Still Wanda’s death could be connected.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Mordo was at the peak of his power after selling his soul to those four entities, and should have had the power to come to Krakoa. But after killing Strange he lost his additional power and is now scared as Clea, Strange, and Wong have hunted down the eye of amagotto and the cloak of levitation in order to declare the next sorcerer supreme.

I think the magical creatures only had a deal with Mordo to kill Strange. Still Wanda’s death could be connected.
    We'll see next month. Hopefully it's something interesting.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    That seems to correspond to how the fans feel. If you became a fan of Wanda via her connection to Magneto and thus the X-Universe, you're in favor of the relationship. If you're a fan of Wanda from Avengers comics, you probably either don't care or don't like the connection.
    I’m a fan of booth!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I guess this applies to me too, I knew about Wanda from reading about Magneto on the X-books but this doesn´t mean I don´t like to read about her on Avengers and I like her as an individual character as well as part of Magneto´s family
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I think the X-office supports the relationship of the Maximoffs and Magneto even if the Avengers office doesn't.
    I know retcons is a trend but Wanda Maximoff has been considered as Magneto’s daughter during a while… It would be curious for them to behave like strangers now in any way…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

It's not that they would be strangers, it's that last time they saw each other, Wanda hated him. And then in her solo was happy to not be his daughter. Marvel is bad in the modern day at working up to new developments in relationships. Especially where Wanda is concerned. Suddenly Wiccan and Tommy call her mommy even though they had a weird relationship based on how they came about and not being her biological children. Wanda's relationship to Brother Voodoo was completely developed off panel. Suddenly they are getting an apartment with each other. And for Mags, it'd have made more sense if they had spend the months previous to this healing their relationship. They just do not put in the footwork. And it's cheap and lazy.

BANNED

That could go along with the MCU because Mordo is after sorcerers there. With Leah confirming there is outside pressure to bring things closer in line with stuff going on outside the MU, it's possible. Doesn't mean it happens, because he'd have had to find his way to Krakoa without anyone seeing him. Possible, but might not be likely. Strange could do it but that might not be possible for Mordo.

I absolutely expect it to be something that lets everyone down though.
    We will know for sure in 3 weeks.

BANNED

It's not that they would be strangers, it's that last time they saw each other, Wanda hated him. And then in her solo was happy to not be his daughter. Marvel is bad in the modern day at working up to new developments in relationships. Especially where Wanda is concerned. Suddenly Wiccan and Tommy call her mommy even though they had a weird relationship based on how they came about and not being her biological children. Wanda's relationship to Brother Voodoo was completely developed off panel. Suddenly they are getting an apartment with each other. And for Mags, it'd have made more sense if they had spend the months previous to this healing their relationship. They just do not put in the footwork. And it's cheap and lazy.
    The issue is Wanda has not been in regular books for years. So basically unless she is prominently a part of a regular title there can’t be build up on all these relationships. With the Scarlet Witch now made popular due to WandaVision, the writers handling her lie in the comics are kind of having to restart on her.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I grew up with a love of the X-Men and a love of the Avengers. We've had too many years of division between the Avengers and the X-Men, and heroes fighting other heroes in general, it's super played out and frankly quite boring to me.

I want Wanda the mutant Avenger back! A "that which is old is new again" situation.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The issue is Wanda has not been in regular books for years. So basically unless she is prominently a part of a regular title there can’t be build up on all these relationships. With the Scarlet Witch now made popular due to WandaVision, the writers handling her lie in the comics are kind of having to restart on her.
    Well the same people that choose not to properly build up relationships are the same ones that choose whether or not to put her in books at all. So it's still a self-created problem. Whatever they do with the rebooted version, they could be better at developing relationships. And it's not even just her but with other characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    So who do you all think murdered the lass?
    The answer is obvious...

"Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

BANNED

Well the same people that choose not to properly build up relationships are the same ones that choose whether or not to put her in books at all. So it's still a self-created problem. Whatever they do with the rebooted version, they could be better at developing relationships. And it's not even just her but with other characters as well.
    I think comics have a hard time getting good writers because of low pay compared to television and screenwriters. So the comics get stuck with less talented writers generally. I think that’s mostly it. Lately Marvel has invested a lot on the X-Men, so while the mutants have become good Aaron has written the Avengers into a terrible mess. Dropped them quite some time ago. I think because of some of the actors leaving the MCU, Marvel is letting the Avengers go to crap because the MCU seems to be building towards the Young Avengers.

I think comics have a hard time getting good writers because of low pay compared to television and screenwriters. So the comics get stuck with less talented writers generally. I think that’s mostly it. Lately Marvel has invested a lot on the X-Men, so while the mutants have become good Aaron has written the Avengers into a terrible mess. Dropped them quite some time ago. I think because of some of the actors leaving the MCU, Marvel is letting the Avengers go to crap because the MCU seems to be building towards the Young Avengers.
    The thing is though that at times there have been better writers and development for characters. It's more of a modern issue than an overall comics issue. The movies also suffer from the same issue really.

BANNED

The thing is though that at times there have been better writers and development for characters. It's more of a modern issue than an overall comics issue. The movies also suffer from the same issue really.
    The movies don’t suffer from the same issue. While not everyone is going to like every movie, the screenwriters are getting paid millions for movies.

Comic writers simply get paid way less. So it’s hard to get star talent overall. Hickman and crew likely get paid more because they had to reconceptualize the X-Men.