Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1304

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The movies don’t suffer from the same issue. While not everyone is going to like every movie, the screenwriters are getting paid millions for movies.

Comic writers simply get paid way less. So it’s hard to get star talent overall. Hickman and crew likely get paid more because they had to reconceptualize the X-Men.
    They absolutely are. The interpersonal relationships are not fleshed out much in the movies. They have a better excuse because of limited screen time but much of their development happens off screen and we are caught up to where they are. Happened especially with Pepper and Tony.

Comics writers always got paid way less. And that is terrible. But the lack of fleshing out certain relationships wasn't always a problem.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Spectacular Member

I love Wanda's new status quo after Trial of Magneto #5. spoilers:
    Redeemer is a pretty cool title
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    I love Wanda's new status quo after Trial of Magneto #5. spoilers:
    Redeemer is a pretty cool title
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like it... Wanda can't undo the trauma of M-Day, but ensuring another mutant is never lost while giving folks an alternative to the Crucible? That's about as good as it gets for restitution.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    And it looks like as far as Wanda's magic is concerned, Magneto is her father, and without losing Natalya Maximoff as her mother. Wanda has given something greater than what she took away. It doesn't undo what she did, but it's a definite concrete way of redeeming for it. While I still want Wanda back to being a mutant someday, to me this is her best comic status quo in twenty years. And if she ever is retconned back she has a positive relationship with Magneto and mutants in general now. Also, pretty cool that she's the secret keeper on mutant resurrection.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They absolutely are. The interpersonal relationships are not fleshed out much in the movies. They have a better excuse because of limited screen time but much of their development happens off screen and we are caught up to where they are. Happened especially with Pepper and Tony.

Comics writers always got paid way less. And that is terrible. But the lack of fleshing out certain relationships wasn't always a problem.
    I will just say I am very happy with how the series ended.

I will just say I am very happy with how the series ended.
    Me too. Though Williams could have gotten the same results with a less convoluted and more coherent story, but at least Wanda is seen in a positive light for mutants and she can resurrect her own self.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Me too. Though Williams could have gotten the same results with a less convoluted and more coherent story, but at least Wanda is seen in a positive light for mutants and she can resurrect her own self.
    Yes. All because Wanda decided to make amends. Which she very successfully did.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    To me, that’s not Williams’ fault. This was supposed to be an arc in X-Factor. Editorial turned into a bloated event, just like X of Swords and I expect X Lives/Deaths.

This what should have happened wait back in Avengers vs X-Men...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Back then they still need the mutant extinction narrative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They only wanted it because they didn’t have the live action rights to the X-Men. So they didn’t want to invest a lot of money for stories Fox could make movies off of their comics. But Disney now owns Fox, so mutant extinction is no longer needed.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They only wanted it because they didn’t have the live action rights to the X-Men. So they didn’t want to invest a lot of money for stories Fox could make movies off of their comics. But Disney now owns Fox, so mutant extinction is no longer needed.
    Pretty much this.

What held a lot of things back, really was the major pain was the stupid That came out of the Copyright Wars between FOX and Marvel Studios leading to allot of Holding back on both mutants and Wanda as well since she was 1/2 and 1/2 on both companies rights.

The FOX deal with Disney was the best thing to happen both mutants and Wanda with the add on successful WandaVision show and you start to finally get conclusions to stories that should have ended a decade ago.

I am just glad to see the conclusion that I have seen.

But will give a better view when I can cause I am at work right now.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    I like it... Wanda can't undo the trauma of M-Day, but ensuring another mutant is never lost while giving folks an alternative to the Crucible? That's about as good as it gets for restitution.
    end of spoilers
    Have not read it yet...spoilers:
    But it sounds from this like Wanda is willing to re-power mutants...which is exactly what she was willing to do at the end of Children's Crusade when she remembered who she was. However the X-Men were all fired up just to kill her instead of letting her do that.
    end of spoilers

So is Wanda supposed to be the equivalent of Hecate now?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!