Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1304
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Have not read it yet...spoilers:
    But it sounds from this like Wanda is willing to re-power mutants...which is exactly what she was willing to do at the end of Children's Crusade when she remembered who she was. However the X-Men were all fired up just to kill her instead of letting her do that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    more like she’s now helping to resurrect dead mutants that were killed
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    spoilers:
    more like she’s now helping to resurrect dead mutants that were killed
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's both. Since most were only just depowered.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They only wanted it because they didn’t have the live action rights to the X-Men. So they didn’t want to invest a lot of money for stories Fox could make movies off of their comics. But Disney now owns Fox, so mutant extinction is no longer needed.
    They started all of that way before Ikey got a twist in his shorts about Fox not giving back the rights. This story goes back before Marvel Studios was even formed.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They only wanted it because they didn’t have the live action rights to the X-Men. So they didn’t want to invest a lot of money for stories Fox could make movies off of their comics. But Disney now owns Fox, so mutant extinction is no longer needed.
    It happened 6 years or so before Disney ever bought Marvel and before the first Iron Man movie. And they never stopped making X-Men events, and they never stopped creating new characters. They destroyed Genosha and killed millions of mutants when X-Men 1 came out in 2000.

I don't know what makes you think that this stuff happened only after Disney bought Marvel. It's a lie/faulty argument

The Scarlet Witch" by James Robinson is a great take on Wanda. She becomes an supernatural Investigator and carves out her own little corner of the Marvel Universe. It's an episodic series that travels the world. It also has an overarching mystery about the previous Scarlet Witch and tackles why Wanda took the name in the first place. They should adapt this as the sequel to WandaVision.

For the movies, you could always introduce a variant of Wanda who grew up as Magneto's daughter. Right now, retconning MCU Wanda to be Magneto's daughter would be a mistake. A variant is a way to have your cake and eat it too.

I wanted Wanda to join Way of X, SWORD or Excalibur but I think all 3 are of the table.

There were alt universes where Wanda grew up as Mags' kid in comics, so no reason why that can't be in the MCU. They could also consider things like Wolverine and the X-Men to be an alt universe. Since originally even cartoons were a part of the overall omniverse.

Extraordinary Member

And they all should die an early death, as is tradition.

Lol, it really is. AoA Wanda especially bit the dust quit fast.

Spectacular Member

The new status quo could lead to some really good stories. If the theorized Scarlet Witch series does come out there are so many ways that they can play with things on either the Avengers or X-Men side of things after this.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    spoilers:
    It's both. Since most were only just depowered.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not just those who died because of M-Day though, it's every mutant who has ever died in Marvel history, even before what we've read about.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    spoilers:
    Not just those who died because of M-Day though, it's every mutant who has ever died in Marvel history, even before what we've read about.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah it's pretty massive and interesting.
    end of spoilers

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    So is Wanda supposed to be the equivalent of Hecate now?
    Omfg yes let this be it. Also I fucking love your avatar.

Astonishing Member

This is kinda random and not all that relevant to the recent plots but I was just trying to crunch timelines in my head and I was wondering if anyone remembers the last time Nocturne (TJ Wagner, Wanda and Kurt's AU daughter from Exiles) was in the 616 universe? Was it before Billy and Tommy were introduced? I know they've never interacted with her, or at least I'm pretty sure they haven't, but was she even still around by the time they came along? Was just thinking about Exiles recently and what a missed opportunity it is not having TJ and the twins meet, lol. Why should Summers kids be the only ones who get to hang out with their AU siblings?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    This is kinda random and not all that relevant to the recent plots but I was just trying to crunch timelines in my head and I was wondering if anyone remembers the last time Nocturne (TJ Wagner, Wanda and Kurt's AU daughter from Exiles) was in the 616 universe? Was it before Billy and Tommy were introduced? I know they've never interacted with her, or at least I'm pretty sure they haven't, but was she even still around by the time they came along? Was just thinking about Exiles recently and what a missed opportunity it is not having TJ and the twins meet, lol. Why should Summers kids be the only ones who get to hang out with their AU siblings?
    She was alive and in the 616 during New Excalibur, that was in 2006. Young Avengers was launched in 2005.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It happened 6 years or so before Disney ever bought Marvel and before the first Iron Man movie. And they never stopped making X-Men events, and they never stopped creating new characters. They destroyed Genosha and killed millions of mutants when X-Men 1 came out in 2000.

I don't know what makes you think that this stuff happened only after Disney bought Marvel. It's a lie/faulty argument
    It’s not. Claremont himself, an industry insider, says that Disney had stopped developing mutants and severely restricted the number because at that time they cared about only tbe characters they had film rights too. Inhumans got a huge push from Disney when mutants were kept in multiple extinction stories that did not end until Disney bought Fox.