Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687
Results 1,291 to 1,304 of 1304
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Poor Wanda was basically not almost not used in years until the popularity of WandaVision forced the hand of the comics division. I am glad they ended her demonization among the mutant community and let Wanda and the other Krakoans heal. I’m sure they have given her citizenship even without an official retcon. Why? Wanda has done more for Krakoan than most Krakoans.
    What popularity of WandaVision? In case you haven't noticed the Comicbook Wanda has pretty much nothing to do with the farce known as WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    What popularity of WandaVision? In case you haven't noticed the Comicbook Wanda has pretty much nothing to do with the farce known as WandaVision.
    Whether she is similar to the MCU version of not, that has nothing to do with WandaVision being popular or not (which it was). And Marvel always gave a boost in the comics to characters who appeared (in a major way at least) in the MCU, whether they are similar to the movie versions or not (sometimes even completely changing them to match the MCU versions). That hadn't been the case for Wanda since AOU but now it's looking like it may finally be.

Incredible Member

A character that starred in one of the most popular television shows of 2021 will be treated better. It’s the MCU that’s driving this. It’s the only reason why ToM happened and it’s the only reason the Scarlet Witch is getting her own series in 2022.
    Wrong. There're not the same characters and frankly doubt they ever will be.The MCU may get stuck with the WandaVision version,but I doubt Marvel Comics really wants anything to do with her.

Much like New Mutants comic book told the new Mutants Movie Characters to piss off.

BANNED

Wrong. There're not the same characters and frankly doubt they ever will be.The MCU may get stuck with the WandaVision version,but I doubt Marvel Comics really wants anything to do with her.

Much like New Mutants comic book told the new Mutants Movie Characters to piss off.
    Feige controls Marvel Comics as well. All creative stuff at Marvel was placed under Feige’s control after the buyout of Fox. Hickman, White, and Williams have all talked about having to adjust things according to what MCU wants. Meaning they must obey or it’s fired and having to apply for unemployment.

I don't think they ever talked about being fired over it. But yeah at least for Wanda they've confirmed that she's been mandated. But she was mandated even before the MCU was a thing. They like to have heavy control over the character for some reason.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Whether she is similar to the MCU version of not, that has nothing to do with WandaVision being popular or not (which it was). And Marvel always gave a boost in the comics to characters who appeared (in a major way at least) in the MCU, whether they are similar to the movie versions or not (sometimes even completely changing them to match the MCU versions). That hadn't been the case for Wanda since AOU but now it's looking like it may finally be.
    And the reverse holds true also.

Incredible Member

Feige controls Marvel Comics as well. All creative stuff at Marvel was placed under Feige’s control after the buyout of Fox. Hickman, White, and Williams have all talked about having to adjust things according to what MCU wants. Meaning they must obey or it’s fired and having to apply for unemployment.
    They may say that officially, but unofficially they're pretty much ignoring it with Feige's approval. What do you think Feige's babbing about the "multiverse" is really about?
    Last edited by rcaguy; 12-27-2021 at 02:26 PM.

BANNED

They may say that officially, but unofficially they're pretty much ignoring it with Feige's approval. What do you think Feige's babbing about the "multiverse" is really about?
    Okay now this where people ignore any facts they don’t like is just ridiculous and borderline. I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t like the MCU. Everyone had the right to their opinions. But to lie and argue against all presented evidence? That’s just dishonest.

For better or worse almost all of Marvel’s profits from the MCU and multiple Marvel editors and writers have says they have to take orders from Feige. Are you slandering all these people and calling them liars?

Incredible Member

Okay now this where people ignore any facts they don’t like is just ridiculous and borderline. I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t like the MCU. Everyone had the right to their opinions. But to lie and argue against all presented evidence? That’s just dishonest.

For better or worse almost all of Marvel’s profits from the MCU and multiple Marvel editors and writers have says they have to take orders from Feige. Are you slandering all these people and calling them liars?
    Where is your proof that what you are saying is the actual case? All one have to do is look is look at the New Mutants Comic Book to see what you're saying is basically BS.

The New Mutant Comic Book Characters bear no relationship to the New Mutant Moive Characters. Never have.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    It was mentioned (maybe in the Trial of Magneto thread?) by someone that Wanda had performed a “mutant circuit”, and that was evidence that she’s now a mutant…

…honey, no. Wanda’s been doing “superhero circuits” well before Krakoa came along.

Attachment 116623
    Yeah, it's also in Uncanny Avengers(using Simon's energy to teleport every mutant on Earth) and Avengers No Surrender where she channeled the Avengers' energy to defeat the Challenger. Busiek's Chaos Magic for Wanda is pretty much a "charge/release" power system.

Astonishing Member

Was just rereading Jeff Parker's X-Men: First Class series and I know it was always vague about how canon it was considered, but if they do end up doing a solo Wanda book that involves her with the overall mutant community to a large degree, I would love to see the relationships she built in that book touched on. Basically, it was set in that period of time not long after the Brotherhood first disbanded but well before Wanda and Pietro became Avengers, and Wanda and Warren dated briefly and she and Jean became pretty good friends. I just always liked the idea of Wanda, Pietro and the 05 having these old connections with each other not JUST as enemies, and then they just drifted apart over the years due to Pietro and Wanda being in the Avengers sphere instead of joining them.

Extraordinary Member

I love "X-Men: First Class" and I love Parker's writing of Wanda. It's a shame he was at Marvel during a period where Wanda was essentially banned from comics except in AU stories.

Wanda and Pietro's appearances in that comic were few but they did so much to flesh out their characters and what might have happened in between the Brotherhood and the Avengers. And the Colleen Coover stories with Wanda and Jean as friends were so sweet.

Is Wanda the most synergy character in terms of comic film changes?

Extraordinary Member

I mean there's only been one synergy change, but it was a big one (maybe two, since it was two retcons in one). There haven't really been any synergy changes since then, though. Other characters go through a lot of little changes in background or in personality, like how comics Tony Stark has been influenced by Downey's Tony Stark, not always consciously.

Wanda only just had her first big MCU role, so it's too early to say how that will influence the comics.