View Poll Results: Who will be crowned the UK's Next Drag SUPERSTAR?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anubis

0 0%
  • Charity Kase

0 0%
  • Choriza May

0 0%
  • Elektra Fence

0 0%
  • Ella Vaday

0 0%
  • Kitty Scott-Claus

0 0%
  • Krystal Versace

0 0%
  • River Medway

0 0%
  • Scarlett Harlett

0 0%
  • Vanity Milan

0 0%
  • Veronica Green

0 0%
  • Victoria Scone

0 0%

DragRaceUK [SEASON 3]

DRAG RACE UK
    [Season 3]

A brand new season, with brand new queens!!! Yes my little darhhhling, chick-a-dees it's a new season of DragRaceUK! Let us discuss, post reviews, fan art! OH MY GOD FAN ART! I love the fan art! Anything and everything. This series was filmed back in March 2021, and for context: this was still heavy lockdown in the UK, most unable to leave their houses without good reason, before the vaccination had started to free up the nation; with only a smattering of TV shows returning to the airways. I assume we'll have no BritCrew, similar to the second half of UK season 2. We know RuPaul, Michelle, Graham and Alan are back (YEY!!!). We know it was filmed in Manchester. And I assume the absences of any Irish and Scottish queens is due to the fact they couldn't leave the country to enter England to compete? Expect lots of face masks, social distancing and references to Miss Corona Virus herself!

Things I'd love to see this season: a Tudors and Stuarts runway! A Great British Bake-Off-esq maxi challenge. As an acting challenge you could have Dad's Army but call it Mum's Army, you could reference Open All Hours, Keeping Up With Appearances, Porridge, Blackadder! BLACKADDER!!! MONTY PYTHON!!! Ughhhh, imagine that as a maxi-acting challenge! Something involving Medieval times, or King Arthur! There is so much amazing British history to mine, both in entertainment and historic references. And based on last years panto runway, use of Eastenders, EuroVision... I'm excited! Snatch Game characters I'd love to see: Patsy from Ab Fab, since people love doing guys on Snatch Game someone MUST do Del Boy! Or Victoria Wood! Ahhhhhhhh, I'm excited!!!

Lastly... please let's none of us attack the queens. EVER! Criticize them, yes, but let's remember it's drag! It's silly. It's fun. And while a queen can come off as "talentless" ON THE SHOW, that doesn't mean they aren't a fierrrrrrce queen in "the other real world" (as my teacher once said). These past 18 months have been a rough old ride, so be kind. Please. To quote Alaska "for f*ck sake... it's just drag."

REGARDING SPOILERS!
    Please, please use spoiler tags! I think if we all wait till Sunday to stop using them, that should be fine
    [as any die hard drag race fan would have seen the show by Sunday, or avoided all on-line media, so they won't see it regardless]

THE QUEENS
    Anubis
    Charity Kase
    Choriza May
    Elektra Fence
    Ella Vaday
    Kitty Scott-Claus
    Krystal Versace
    River Medway
    Scarlett Harlett
    Vanity Milan
    Veronica Green
    Victoria Scone
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 08-24-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Cool Trophy Hall of Fame

Kieran Frost's "TROPHY HALL OF FAME"
    Every season, as well as keeping a tally of the queens who win, lose, high, low, mini-challenge, lipsync, etc... I also give out my own little awards: for the performance, runway, and (if it's great) the lipsync. Last year Bimini had the most trophies with a total of 7. I also give out a Glittered Raspberry if one queen, really is delivering some grade A BULLLLLLLLLSH*T!

TROPHIES
    1. Charity Kase. Promo Trophy.

TROPHY-LESS
    Anubis
    Choriza May
    Elektra Fence
    Ella Vaday
    Kitty Scott-Claus
    Krystal Versace
    River Medway
    Scarlett Harlett
    Vanity Milan
    Veronica Green
    Victoria Scone

Glittered Raspberry
    ep1.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

MEET THE QUEENS

[Available on BBC iPlayer] This is where we get our first look at the 12 new queens from Season 3 of #DragRaceUK. We get 3 minutes of an interview and a chance to enjoy their first look. This isn't as important as your entrance look (because the majority don't watch the online videos) but it's still an example of what's to come. The queens who 'get it' are the ones who get far, so let's see who 'gets it'. Of course I could be completely wrong...

MY FRONT RUNNER
    VICTORIA SCONE
    "I'm not a fragile little flower darhling, I'm very competitive."
    Cardiff, Wales. She's the first ever AFAB (assigned female at birth) to compete on Drag Race, so this is very very exciting. I love her voice, it's Kim Woodburn meets Jennifer Saunders. I just loved her personality, and the look is on point. She's proportionised and giving the full illusion. LOVE the placement of the rhinestones on the paint drips of her outfit. The details of matching the earrings with the same paint drip, the use of purple and yellow (killer combo). She's making Drag Race HERstory and I'm here for it. That hat is evvvvvvvvverything. Now last year I picked Bimini as my front-runner, and facts are facts she should have won! So let's see if I can strike gold twice

LOVED
    ANUBIS
    "I'm just a silly old tart, well a silly young tart."
    Brighton, England. What does Brighton do to these queens? She's 19 but looks... 30. The way Joe Black was 30 but looked 45. Lot of partying in Brighton, clearly. i do wonder about the tattoos, I could be wrong but you have to be 18 to get one? That's A LOT of work for one year. But anyway... this queen... is incredibly charming. The crazy long fingers, the outfit is so wrong it's right. It's intentionally not cohesive, and I respect and admire that. She clearly beats to her own drum, and the intentional lack of polish is what counts. I like the make-up and this personality is a winner, full of joy and self-deprecation but clearly knows who she is at heart, very Katya vibes. I think this is an underdog who will surprise us all.
    FUN FACT: her full drag name is Anubis Finch, but on the show she'll just be called Anubis.

CHARITY KASE
    "I'm scary, hairy and a total fairy!"
    Blackburn, England. THIS. OUTFIT!!! Oh my god, it's stunning. Original, expensive, elaborate, really super impressed, and the use of purple and green is bold and creative and taking a risk. Very much loved everything about this, including her beautiful make-up mostly hidden by the nose and mask; it's the detailing that impresses me most. The wings look great, the headpiece alone is magnificent. THE TAIL IS SO LONG! What a fun detail. She's funny, silly, gives great face and... almost Dragula vibes (which I love). I'm not sure if she's hilarious yet, but I was certainly bowled over by this look.
    PROMO TROPHY

ELEKTRA FENCE
    "Look at me, I look like Lisa Simpson."
    Burnley, England. Oh this hair is so much fun, the details of the colour changing tones, and the little curls glued on the side. It's a great idea and very fun. I love the concept, it's a clear homage to her name but still beautiful and fun and silly and original. The mix of pant-leg jumpsuit meets ruffled dress is successful and toes the line between tacky and glamour very successfully. And there's something so truthful about her personality. It doesn't feel put on. She's just being herself, much like Bimini in her "Meet the Queens" and I gravitate towards it. I'm rooting for you, Elektra!

VERONICA GREEN
    "If you don't crown me this time Ru, I'll come back again, another variant will come back again... and again...and again."
    Rochdale, England. Our returning queen! Now Veronica Green isn't the first queen to return for a different regular season, before her we have had Shangela, Cythia Lee Fontaine, Eureka and Miss Vanjie. What makes Veronica unique... NONE of the previous returning queens had ever won a challenge in their original season. This makes her, in theory, the fiercest returning competition the show has ever seen. So I'm EXCITED! Now her make-up is even better than before, as is the hair; she is serving full wo-mana today! And her confidence is just effervescent. The outfit... I do love it's not Green (take note, Tina Burner, you don't have to be so obvious everytime), but it does seem a little basic. But hey, she doesn't need to make a first impression, so save the good stuff till later. We all saw her Medusa/pig look, we KNOW she can turn it. This is an assassin waiting... do NOT underestimate her again.

LIKED
    CHORIZA MAY
    "I'm a walking stereotype. Chorizo is a Spanish sausage. I'm Spanish. I have a sausage. Perfect."
    Newcastle, England. Something I do love about this season is the diversity, we have not only a plethora of queens, an AFAB queen, two non-Caucasians, but also queens from across the world. While 84% of the UK is Caucasian, there is a plethora of diversity from different nations, and I love seeing that represented on this show. And none symbolize that better than Choriza. She is... a lot... but I loved it. She made me laugh the most, the make-up seems intentionally ridiculous, to contrast the beauty of her matador/flamenco dress. I mean let's talk facts, UK. The dress is gorgeous, but that hair is going bowling! HAHAHA! She was self-deprecating, full of energy, and my pick for Miss Congeniality!

KITTY SCOTT CLAUS
    "My forehead doesn't move, but my legs do!"
    Birmingham, England. Oh I loved this name, ha! She's got a great personality. Her make-up is... okay. I like her outfit it's... fine. It's not bad just, not exciting. With bigger girls, it's about the silhouette so it's harder to tell as she's mostly sat down, or hidden by the ruffles. I did love that ruffle bower/jacket. The rich aubergine purple was great, but it contrasted oddly with the outfit. The outfit looked cheaper, more PVC when against that classy fabric. And I'm occasionally wary of queens who are self-proclaimed 'the personality'. If you have to tell us... but overall she seemed very fun, and made me chuckle. And I love impersonations (though must confess I didn't recognize a single one she did... awwwwwkward).

RIVER MEDWAY
    "50% white British, 50% Singaporian, and 100% a cross dresser."
    Medway, England. Our butterfly queen. The outfit was very polished, and she had such a sweet face. It was just very lovely to look at; was it gag to the gag gag gag? No. But still very beautiful and KUDOS for styling all her own wigs since she was a kid. Yas, kween! That colour is gorgeous on her. She can clearly put a garment together, and based on her young aspirations, probably can sow. I have high hopes in the looks, but her personality just needs a little oomph!

SCARLETT HARLETT
    "I'm cheeky, I'm classic and I'm common as hell."
    East London. This outfit is EXPENSIVE, the hair is gorgeous. She's giving me Countess vibes from DragRaceHolland but with a little BITE! There is something... hmmmm, how to say this without being rude... there is something so enchanting about someone who looks so sophisticated and then have them speak in such a (and I don't mean this rudely) working class accent, really smashing expectations. Breakdown those divides! It's the Brechtian training in me, I love the gestus of it all. She seems quite nice, bit bubbly. And I'm looking forward to what she brings.

FILLER
    Now I will preface this by saying: last year I had Tayce, A'Whora and Veronica Green as Fillers, so I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off! And happily proved wrong, this is just based on first impressions, nothing more. Hopefully I'll do a little better this year.

ELLA VADAY
    Dagenham, England. I'm gonna be honest, she's giving me Cheryl Hole vibes. Lot of lingo, lot of cliche, lot of doing what she THINKS the fans want, at the price of her personality. It comes off fake af. That said she is very polished, love the purple detailing in the white hair, but like Cherry Valentine it's all... a little lacking in truth. I don't know who she is from this, merely who she wants me to think she is... if that makes sense? That said her Shakira impression was very funny, and she looks like a hot guy out of drag.

KRYSTAL VERSACE
    Tunbridge Wells, England. THAT TRAIN! She looks great but it's all too much, and I question why she'd wear an epic train look as the 'show stopping' part of her outfit for a mostly-sat-down interview. Seems to not have thought it through/inexperienced; which gives me bad vibes for her chances of remaining long. Too many accessories, and none of it very original or unique. Giving me Gothy Ken Doll in look and voice... not personality, she has more energy than Gothy #shade

VANITY MILAN
    South London. Oh dear. That make-up is... BUSTED! I mean it's... gosh, it's bad. And that seems odd to really focus on but it's the contrast of her make-up to that dress. That dress is UBER chic, very expensive, as is there hair... to do that, but pair it with such terrible make-up is worrying. And even the outfit; it's nice and pretty but so predictable. It's not just 'pageant' it's... I SWEAR I've seen that exact dress on either Alexis Matteo or Kennedy Davenport. Down to the colour! Oh well. She seems very sweet, and full of love, I liked her but... she's giving me first out vibes. Sorry!

COMING THIS SEPTEMBER

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 08-24-2021 at 09:19 AM.

BANNED

There better be a segment called Dame Edna's Final Judgement.